Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- soder - 2009-10-23

patkhoo Wrote:You the boss! Big Grin My only interest is that it is helpful to users, especially those who are not as familiar with git/bash/etc etc as some of us are.

I think we should all remember that some of us may be more (technically) competent than others, but we should always strive to help those who need our help wherever we can.

Like Matt (Azido) has been answering many questions for many people, I hope others will do so as well. I don't have as much time to spend on these forums, so the script is my contribution. I hope it is helpful to others.

True. It's nice that you have done that scripts, but, thing that "script" is as frighten as git hub to people with less computer skills. =)

/Söder

- azido - 2009-10-23

patkhoo Wrote:Goddamit!! How do you work so damned fast!!!

I would like to lodge a formal complaint that the speed of response from ppl like Azido is making everyone else look bad!

Rofl

ok, i will go back to sleep mode from time to time. just like xbmc, expect some strange behaviours when i wake up.

- patkhoo - 2009-10-23

soder Wrote:Hehe... why dont to add all the "change dirs in your OS" in the first example? =)

/Söder

Because there is no need to "change dirs".. copy all the script files somewhere, configure the settings - including XBMC location etc - and double click..

And as Matt has pointed out, if you use git bash and enable the explorer extensions, there is no change dirs also, right click and choose "git bash here.."

- patkhoo - 2009-10-23

soder Wrote:True. It's nice that you have done that scripts, but, thing that "script" is as frighten as git hub to people with less computer skills. =)

/Söder

Agree. So in fact, i had previously suggested the idea to change the script to a real program - an EXE. But it would end up being Windows-only. And maybe would not be easy for others to integrate/use/change/improve it (if one day I am not able to). For example, the Flxfxp has integrated the script into the [LINUX] XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope script that downloads and installs everything from XBMC all the way to Aeon Showmix in a menu-driven way. (In fact, I daresay in some ways, using Flxfxp's script is easier to setup XBMC + Aeon Showmix on Ubuntu than XBMC + Aeon Showmix on Windows from scratch...)

Anyway, there are many ways to install XBMC/Aeon Showmix. Each of us should use whatever you feel is best.. Cool

- UnisonRuss - 2009-10-23

I have been trying to figure out this script with no avail...will someone post theirs or something so I know how to edit it? I would love to get it working! I thought I configured it, but when I enter it in the terminal it says "No Such File or Directory." Please help Smile

Also There is no other way for me to get the skin, I'm on a Mac, and there is no program to run this for me (right?).

EDIT: I think I figured out how to clone...I'll post back to let you know if I'm successful!

I still would liek to see an example update script though Smile

- Hitcher - 2009-10-23

Had quick look at this today and it's certainly come a long way.

One little fix for you though in the Low List.

Change line 288 from
Code:
<texture>list/lowList_mask.png</texture>
to
Code:
<texture border="18,18,18,18">list/lowList_mask.png</texture>

Before -

After -

- zwat - 2009-10-23

hmm don't think i have that. that border should be gone anyway. looks pretty ugly.

- UnisonRuss - 2009-10-23

Wow the clone worked, and I must say the low list looks amazing!

- azido - 2009-10-23

Hitcher Wrote:Had quick look at this today and it's certainly come a long way.

Change line 288 from
Code:
to
Code:

thanks for having a look, but we just used the wrong mask image, already fixed. there was never meant to be a white border around this Big Grin

- azido - 2009-10-23

UnisonRuss Wrote:Wow the clone worked, and I must say the low list looks amazing!

another happy user Wink

- andyblac - 2009-10-23

Hitcher Wrote:Had quick look at this today and it's certainly come a long way.

Change line 288 from
Code:
to
Code:

Before -

After -

Hi Hitcher,

thanks for the comment, this texture is the wrong file, it is the movie thumb texture and not the Lowlist texture mask Blush, but is was spotted to late for me to fix it for the current version, as where nearly finished V2.2 and loads of things has changed in the main texture file. but thanks for the temp fix.

- UnisonRuss - 2009-10-24

azido Wrote:another happy user Wink

Absolutely! My search for a skin is over Nod

- soder - 2009-10-24

Does somebody know then the XBMC teams are suppose to be finish with there clean up, and in some way have a "more" stable SVN?

And will you guys then fix these problems there are with ShowMix in the newer versions of XBMC? I think there still is a problem with at least Music in the main menu get to the files mode, and NOT the library.

And the random backgrounds are NOT showing in another place then the main menu. ( If i have no fanart set for a movie, I at the moment only get black instead of a random background that I have set)

/Söder

- azido - 2009-10-24

soder Wrote:I think there still is a problem with at least Music in the main menu get to the files mode, and NOT the library.

/Söder

the music shortcut points to whatever you have used last time in your session.

initially on startup it should point to the selection screen for genre/artists/albums/etc.. in lib mode. thats what it does here. and by using context menu in that screen you can set one of those nodes as being the default one. so next time on startup of xbmc it will use that one as the default (set mine to artists).

- azido - 2009-10-24

soder Wrote:And will you guys then fix these problems there are with ShowMix in the newer versions of XBMC?

no. as soon as the new builds of xbmc are stable, we will delete showmix.