Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- andyblac - 2009-10-25

Ram2000 Wrote:I have been adding mine for the last few days working ok here.

Have found one small bug though when exporting video library the Yes/No Option is not visible.

fixed for next update Smile

- Moldiver - 2009-10-25

Any idea what the "W" key on the keyboard does? as far as i can see it makes an eye icon appear on the movie poster, just curious. Checked the wiki but no luck.

- azido - 2009-10-25

Moldiver Wrote:Any idea what the "W" key on the keyboard does? as far as i can see it makes an eye icon appear on the movie poster, just curious. Checked the wiki but no luck.

lol..

what about "watched/unwatched" ?

- Moldiver - 2009-10-25

lol, never thought about that.

- curtis-r - 2009-10-25

Moldiver Wrote:Any idea what the "W" key on the keyboard does?

Simply searched the keymap.xml
<w>ToggleWatched</w> under <MyVideoLibrary>

[far from a Showmix question]

- Dullie - 2009-10-25

andyblac Wrote:fixed for next update Smile

Thanks for the fix..

And thanks for the new Aspect Ratio logos.. They look pro.. Big Grin

However, I just cant love the new multiplex.. IMO, I think objects are scattered all over the place without them being connected together.. Contradicting the old multiplex which had extrathumbs, cover, info placed in a way which connects them with the covers flow.. There is a lot of visual information and things to look for.. for example the year and the movie duration are up far away, genre as well.. On 1080p 50 inch screen 3 meters away, I will have to move my head upwards to find the year.. Big Grin

One more things, logos are not the same height and width.. I think they should be in a fixed size so they could look in such a symmetrical flawless design.. I think the movie cover on the right should be the same height as those two extrathumbs on the left.. Symmetric again Big Grin

Please dont get me wrong I appreciate your work and Azido very much.. Perhaps, I have to try the new mod probably it'll grow on me..

Thanks again to you and Azido for such great effort and time spent on this mod..

Regards,

- azido - 2009-10-25

Dullie Wrote:Thanks for the fix..

And thanks for the new Aspect Ratio logos.. They look pro.. Big Grin

HA! my design.. thanks Wink

Dullie Wrote:However, I just cant love the new multiplex.. IMO, I think objects are scattered all over the place without them being connected together.. Contradicting the old multiplex which had extrathumbs, cover, info placed in a way which connects them with the covers flow.. There is a lot of visual information and things to look for.. for example the year and the movie duration are up far away, genre as well.. On 1080p 50 inch screen 3 meters away, I will have to move my head upwards to find the year.. Big Grin

that's a real valid point, as i had similar thoughts and played around with other possibilities. we might change that.

Dullie Wrote:One more things, logos are not the same height and width.. I think they should be in a fixed size so they could look in such a symmetrical flawless design..

go tell that to the ppl that initially made all those flags. there is so much difference either in width or height of all of them, so finally all we can do is just stick them EITHER in same with OR in same height depending of the source we had. at least like we have it now is better than before, because there was no alignment at all. they all have the same size (161x109) but the visible portion differs a lot. we could add borders on all flags, then you would have your symmetric look, but that would not look good on certain flags.

Dullie Wrote:I think the movie cover on the right should be the same height as those two extrathumbs on the left.. Symmetric again Big Grin

impossible without destroying the correct aspect ratio.

Dullie Wrote:Please dont get me wrong I appreciate your work and Azido very much.. Perhaps, I have to try the new mod probably it'll grow on me..

suggestions with a valid given reason are always welcome.

- Peligrozo - 2009-10-25

azido Wrote:the music shortcut points to whatever you have used last time in your session.

initially on startup it should point to the selection screen for genre/artists/albums/etc.. in lib mode. thats what it does here. and by using context menu in that screen you can set one of those nodes as being the default one. so next time on startup of xbmc it will use that one as the default (set mine to artists).
Hmm, actually, I've been thinking about this. I've always had a problem here. I choose albums on the selection screen generally but each time I restart XBMC I still get to the selection screen when I enter the music shortcut. It's been like that with every showmix version I've used with clean installs and everything (and I'm not running the "new" svn's).

And on another topic I do agree with Dullie above. I do prefer the old multiplex view and I do prefer having the floor rather than having text spread out everywhere, it does feel a bit cluttered. I still think that some of the information should be visible, but I think the whole floor thing is perfect as it is Smile

- azido - 2009-10-25

Peligrozo Wrote:I choose albums on the selection screen generally but each time I restart XBMC I still get to the selection screen when I enter the music shortcut.

that's because you did not set a default.

there are only 2 situations where it keeps something:

1. you set one of the nodes as your default (in your case Albums)
2. in ONE SESSION, it remembers your previous decision. that one get lost when you close xbmc.

- patkhoo - 2009-10-25

soder Wrote:And the random backgrounds are NOT showing in another place then the main menu. ( If i have no fanart set for a movie, I at the moment only get black instead of a random background that I have set)

I have the same problem. But I think this was noted by Matt as being related to issues with the latest SVN, not Showmix itself. So just wait, it will get resolved eventually.

- patkhoo - 2009-10-25

azido Wrote:no. as soon as the new builds of xbmc are stable, we will delete showmix.

Ah, but the real question is whether will you add support for the external coffee+popcorn maker once SVN is really stable? Don't forget the Wife/GF->Nagging = "Off" default setting OK?

- Dullie - 2009-10-25

azido Wrote:HA! my design.. thanks Wink

that's a real valid point, as i had similar thoughts and played around with other possibilities. we might change that.

go tell that to the ppl that initially made all those flags. there is so much difference either in width or height of all of them, so finally all we can do is just stick them EITHER in same with OR in same height depending of the source we had. at least like we have it now is better than before, because there was no alignment at all. they all have the same size (161x109) but the visible portion differs a lot. we could add borders on all flags, then you would have your symmetric look, but that would not look good on certain flags.

impossible without destroying the correct aspect ratio.

suggestions with a valid given reason are always welcome.

I am not blaming you for the flags.. at all.. I know they are in different sizes. I modded them myself for Media Portal but constrained them in the original buttons of Streamed MP skin.. Big Grin

I will be more than glad to help you with it.. But, honestly Ayala's Blu Ray flag raised my expectations...I am thinking of a visual way to represent other flags the same way he did.. Smile

concerning Multiplex.. I think you guys have made your own mark on Aeon.. Especially with embossed design of the edges. It appears on the home menu, low level, and I think you should continue with the same with multiplex.. But with the same old multiplex.. Cause it has all the info one would wish for but in a very elegant way..

Anyways, thanks for reading my rants and ideas.. Big Grin

- patkhoo - 2009-10-25

Dullie Wrote:concerning Multiplex.. I think you guys have made your own mark on Aeon.. Especially with embossed design of the edges. It appears on the home menu, low level, and I think you should continue with the same with multiplex.. But with the same old multiplex.. Cause it has all the info one would wish for but in a very elegant way..

About Low List vs Multiplex: Well, I still use Multiplex mostly. Low list in only some places. If I have a lot of movies (and I do), Low List does not really show visually the size of my movie DB the way that cover flow does.. So Low-List for me is more for file/folder navigation places where folder.jpg works very, very well.

About Old Multiplex vs New Multiplex: Quite honestly, I can't decide which would be better. On the one hand, old multiplex was already visually fantastic - almost damn near perfect IMHO. Some minor points about new Multiplex are the top bar - the way it goes from tall on the left to short(er) on the right to fit the different font sizes of the title vs genre. And the "Yes"/"No" buttons should be more "button-like" I guess. But these are minor points. Like I said, tough to choose between them.

New-New Multiplex Idea: Now, I do not know how/if it can be done, but one possibility is when Info is triggered, then coverflow will be dimmed/faded and the info+cover+thumb boxes + title/genre/flags + etc will overlap the coverflow in some way. Now, imagine if it were possible to animate the cover from coverflow to visually "grow+fly" from the position in the coverflow list up to take the place of where the cover would be when info is triggered.

Just brainstorming..

PS. Yes, Ayala's Noir is visually stunning - even if it is just a mockup at this stage. What I like was the "trailer plays on idle" Nod

Latest version - panetrez - 2009-10-25

I'm having great difficulty downloading the latest version of Showmix via the Github GUI and the custom script supplied on these forums. Is there any other way that I can grab the latest version, seeing how the supplied github webpage doesn't seem to have the latest version. Thanks!Nod

- soder - 2009-10-25

azido Wrote:no. as soon as the new builds of xbmc are stable, we will delete showmix.

Mr Funny. =)

/Söder