Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- soder - 2009-10-25

azido Wrote:the music shortcut points to whatever you have used last time in your session.

initially on startup it should point to the selection screen for genre/artists/albums/etc.. in lib mode. thats what it does here. and by using context menu in that screen you can set one of those nodes as being the default one. so next time on startup of xbmc it will use that one as the default (set mine to artists).

Ok, thanks. But how do I "reset" to the selection screen for genre/artists/albums in lib mode?

/Söder

- soder - 2009-10-25

patkhoo Wrote:I have the same problem. But I think this was noted by Matt as being related to issues with the latest SVN, not Showmix itself. So just wait, it will get resolved eventually.

Ok. I didn't know. I haven't set fanart in my other skin. I haven't tested if it works there.

/Söder

- zwat - 2009-10-25

yea i agree the info on the new multiplex looks scatted around, but guess it will show more of the fanart when info window is turned off. few questions tho. will poster be visible when info window is off? i guess the genre has fixed size so if genre takes more space will it scroll within it's set space?

- UnisonRuss - 2009-10-25

andyblac Wrote:fixed for next update Smile

From what I can tell that looks great! When do you think the skin will be updated with this new view?

Keep up the good work! Nod

P.S. One thing that would be kind of cool IMO would be to have the poster and thumbs slant slightly in toward the info dialogue (movie info) to create a sort of multi-dimensional view, while leaving the posters as they are along the bottom. Does that make sense? Same would go for the 4 thumb view... or there could even be an option to do so in the advanced features Big Grin

- azido - 2009-10-25

UnisonRuss Wrote:From what I can tell that looks great! When do you think the skin will be updated with this new view?

Keep up the good work! Nod

P.S. One thing that would be kind of cool IMO would be to have the poster and thumbs slant slightly in toward the info dialogue (movie info) to create a sort of multi-dimensional view, while leaving the posters as they are along the bottom. Does that make sense? Same would go for the 4 thumb view... or there could even be an option to do so in the advanced features Big Grin

i guess you're talking about the angled view we already have in our low list, don't you?

we thought about that, but decided to leave poster and thumbs flat as the coverflow already has angles. beside that it's hell of a code and time to use correct angles and surely nothing that should be brought in as an option. we should avoid bringing in too much code again as we are already pushing the limits of the skinning engine. although i have to agree it would be cool to have a pseudo 3d view - but then again things tend to become boring and an unspectacular standard really fast.

we can't give an exact date when it will be available. music multiplex has to be done (not even started yet), we might redesign the title display to go on bottom again, then several checks have to be done to ensure all is working like it should. not to mention several issues that come up with recent svn versions of xbmc and surely need developers attention.

so it can take a while..

- azido - 2009-10-25

soder Wrote:Ok, thanks. But how do I "reset" to the selection screen for genre/artists/albums in lib mode?

/Söder

now i know what you meant as you said your version always points to file view. a little bit tricky but doable:

use one of the sub menu nodes of music to go into lib view (for example artists). then, instead of ESCAPE, use BACKSPACE to move to the previous menu until you are in the node selection you want to have. go on with context menu and nail down the one you want to have as a standard for the music shortcut.

if you want to get rid off your setting, repeat the steps above and unset the standard.

- azido - 2009-10-25

patkhoo Wrote:Ah, but the real question is whether will you add support for the external coffee+popcorn maker once SVN is really stable? Don't forget the Wife/GF->Nagging = "Off" default setting OK?

why don't you code that as a plugin and release it as a free gift on "men's health" ?

- azido - 2009-10-25

Dullie Wrote:I will be more than glad to help you with it.. But, honestly Ayala's Blu Ray flag raised my expectations...I am thinking of a visual way to represent other flags the same way he did.. Smile

the screens i see there to me look much like an abbreviation of alaska. to be honest, i don't really like what i see there. and to me, such a representation of flags simply takes up too much space on the screen. but well, taste is nothing to discuss about Wink

- azido - 2009-10-25

zwat Wrote:yea i agree the info on the new multiplex looks scatted around, but guess it will show more of the fanart when info window is turned off. few questions tho. will poster be visible when info window is off? i guess the genre has fixed size so if genre takes more space will it scroll within it's set space?

no, poster is part of the info screen so it goes off the screen. the look will be much more like the original showcase view. and yes, genre scrolls if it it extends the field.

- zwat - 2009-10-25

yea too big flags. however i luv that small and simple homescreen. maybe do something like that on next release? Big Grin

- soder - 2009-10-25

azido Wrote:now i know what you meant as you said your version always points to file view. a little bit tricky but doable:

use one of the sub menu nodes of music to go into lib view (for example artists). then, instead of ESCAPE, use BACKSPACE to move to the previous menu until you are in the node selection you want to have. go on with context menu and nail down the one you want to have as a standard for the music shortcut.

if you want to get rid off your setting, repeat the steps above and unset the standard.

Yeah, that is kind of what I did. As a matter of fact, I HAD set one of my folders in FILE mode to default. I thought that only was for default WHEN entering FILE mode.

I think I remember that pressing music from the main menu always got me to the root in lib mode before. Never file mode.

But have done as you said now, but what if I dont want "Artists" to be my default? Is there any way to make the "root" default?

EDIT: I just tried "remove default" and I think that did it. Thanks.
EDIT2: But if I then enter files mode, and then go back to main menu, and then go to music again, Im back to files mode.

Isn't it possible to always have the main menu link to the lib mode?

/Söder

- Peligrozo - 2009-10-25

azido Wrote:that's because you did not set a default.

there are only 2 situations where it keeps something:

1. you set one of the nodes as your default (in your case Albums)
2. in ONE SESSION, it remembers your previous decision. that one get lost when you close xbmc.
I see, so there's no way to set a default node permanently? I'd really like an option to do so if it's doable Smile

- azido - 2009-10-25

answer to both of you:

you CAN set a default for initial startup of xbmc. if you DO NOT set one up, on every startup you get the node selection screen of lib view.

unfortunately as soon as you browse your music/movies/tv shows, xbmc keeps record of where you were last IN THAT SAME SESSION. so everytime you return to home menu and select one of the shortcuts MUSIC / MOVIES / TV SHOWS, it gets you back to your previous selected screen. this is an xbmc "feature".

and YES, we (you) could nail them down to always show the same screen by changing the shortcut trigger code, but that a) would prevent the user to have his own setting (like for example i like to browse artists, another one wants to go directly to the albums node) and b) if you for some reason erratically leave the view you are in right now you would have to browse to it again instead of just switching back.

- soder - 2009-10-25

azido Wrote:answer to both of you:

you CAN set a default for initial startup of xbmc. if you DO NOT set one up, on every startup you get the node selection screen of lib view.

unfortunately as soon as you browse your music/movies/tv shows, xbmc keeps record of where you were last IN THAT SAME SESSION. so everytime you return to home menu and select one of the shortcuts MUSIC / MOVIES / TV SHOWS, it gets you back to your previous selected screen. this is an xbmc "feature".

and YES, we (you) could nail them down to always show the same screen by changing the shortcut trigger code, but that a) would prevent the user to have his own setting (like for example i like to browse artists, another one wants to go directly to the albums node) and b) if you for some reason erratically leave the view you are in right now you would have to browse to it again instead of just switching back.

Hmm, In some way I don NOT agree. =)

I just removed the default in music, meaning that the lib view should be default every time I have restarted XBMC?

Now, after being in file mode, and turning XBMC off, and the starting it again, pressing MUSIC from the main menu takes me to the files view again?

/Söder

- curtis-r - 2009-10-25

1) I know there is an issue with the Recently Added widget thumbs being blank in the non-default profile, but it appears occasionally it's blank in my main default also. Anyone else having this problem?

2) Is there a setting to lock-out the slide-out settings menu? Sometimes it slides out as soon as I enter a folder & I don't like that. Edit: What would be great is a hotkey to open the menu, rather than the transport arrows, but I realize this is likely an xbmc, not a skin function.

3) Some are posting Showmix questions as new threads in the Aeon folder. If we can't get a Showmix folder, this is the 2nd best solution. Should we all start new threads rather than add to the gargantuan Showmix one?