Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- patkhoo - 2009-10-25

curtis-r Wrote:1) I know there is an issue with the Recently Added widget thumbs being blank in the non-default profile, but it appears occasionally it's blank in my main default also. Anyone else having this problem?

Is the problem you are facing the same as the one described here? If so, then chalk it up to SVN issues which will be resolved eventually.

curtis-r Wrote:2) Is there a setting to lock-out the slide-out menu settings? Sometimes it slides out as soon as I enter a folder & I don't like that.

Are you using EventGhost or something like that? Or keyboard repeat? Sometimes it counts more than one key press extra.

curtis-r Wrote:3) Some are posting Showmix questions as new threads in the Aeon folder. If we can't get a Showmix folder, this is the 2nd best solution. Should we all start new threads rather than add to the gargantuan Showmix one?

It's up to the forum mods, and andy and matt I guess.

- azido - 2009-10-25

curtis-r Wrote:1) I know there is an issue with the Recently Added widget thumbs being blank in the non-default profile, but it appears occasionally it's blank in my main default also. Anyone else having this problem?

2) Is there a setting to lock-out the slide-out menu settings? Sometimes it slides out as soon as I enter a folder & I don't like that.

3) Some are posting Showmix questions as new threads in the Aeon folder. If we can't get a Showmix folder, this is the 2nd best solution. Should we all start new threads rather than add to the gargantuan Showmix one?

1. if you get a default image instead of the expected thumb/fanart, that means the one that should be there did not get cached by xbmc into Thumbnails folder for any reason.

2. what are you talking about? in case you mean posters/thumbs combined to the info window, set your info trigger to ON or TRIGGER to have them visible as long as you like.

3. you may have noticed i drop in here on a regular basis. for me it's easier to keep track of ongoings if it's all in one thread. i would do a cleanup if board admins give me the rights to do so, so go ask them to make me sort of an admin of this thread.
if there are many threads regarding showmix, chances are i loose focus and things will remain unanswered.

- UnisonRuss - 2009-10-25

I have updated to the newest svn build r24000 and the skin runs great! But for some reason, sounds are not working...no start up sound, no sounds when browsing through files, etc. Is there a way to fix this?

EDIT: Looks like sounds do not work on the default skin as well...so it must be a svn issue not the skin...

EDIT @: Looks like build r23898 works well, and there are sounds Big Grin Keep that in mind guys if you want to upgrade...

- Peligrozo - 2009-10-25

azido Wrote:answer to both of you:

you CAN set a default for initial startup of xbmc. if you DO NOT set one up, on every startup you get the node selection screen of lib view.
Hmm - sorry for being slow here, but how do I actually do that? Smile

- curtis-r - 2009-10-26

azido Wrote:2. what are you talking about? in case you mean posters/thumbs combined to the info window, set your info trigger to ON or TRIGGER to have them visible as long as you like.

3. you may have noticed i drop in here on a regular basis. for me it's easier to keep track of ongoings if it's all in one thread. i would do a cleanup if board admins give me the rights to do so, so go ask them to make me sort of an admin of this thread.

2. Sorry I wasn't very clear. I'm referring to the actual settings slide-out-from-the-left window sliding out automatically. @patkhoo, I am using EventGhost, and you'd be right about possible extra key emulation, except it only happens some of the time. So, is there no way to lock-out that settings/info window?

3. No worries. I'll keep my Showmix posts in this thread. Just thought I'd ask.

- azido - 2009-10-26

UnisonRuss Wrote:I have updated to the newest svn build r24000 and the skin runs great! But for some reason, sounds are not working...no start up sound, no sounds when browsing through files, etc. Is there a way to fix this?

EDIT: Looks like sounds do not work on the default skin as well...so it must be a svn issue not the skin...

EDIT @: Looks like build r23898 works well, and there are sounds Big Grin Keep that in mind guys if you want to upgrade...

i have no trouble with navigation sounds in 24001.

- azido - 2009-10-26

Peligrozo Wrote:Hmm - sorry for being slow here, but how do I actually do that? Smile

i already wrote how to do that. you even quoted it.

- azido - 2009-10-26

curtis-r Wrote:2. Sorry I wasn't very clear. I'm referring to the actual settings slide-out-from-the-left window sliding out automatically.

i still don't get you ~lol~

- mcai3db3 - 2009-10-26

azido Wrote:i still don't get you ~lol~

I'm guessing he just doesn't want the settings menus to appear at all? In which case, Kiosk mode is what he wants (if that is on ShowMix, can't remember).

But that's just my guess.

- azido - 2009-10-26

mcai3db3 Wrote:I'm guessing he just doesn't want the settings menus to appear at all? In which case, Kiosk mode is what he wants (if that is on ShowMix, can't remember).

But that's just my guess.

ok, so in that case it's the vertical menu sliding in.

obviously that only happens when triggered by certain arrow keys. and yes, the kiosk mode is still in showmix and would prevent that menu from coming up at all.

- soder - 2009-10-26

Peligrozo Wrote:Hmm - sorry for being slow here, but how do I actually do that? Smile

"go on with context menu and nail down the one you want to have as a standard for the music shortcut.

if you want to get rid off your setting, repeat the steps above and unset the standard."

/Söder

- User 49598 - 2009-10-26

azido Wrote:i have no trouble with navigation sounds in 24001.

On Showmix homepage I read
Quote:WARNING: at current time, the xbmc developers are doing a big merge, causing the most recent builds to become highly unstable - so for the time being we can only guarantee that showmix will work with SVN 22516 - usage of any higher version could lead to unexpected results so you are encouraged to not use them right now.. you have been warned!

Considring a few are saying 24000 build is fine, you're saying 24001 brings back even navigation sounds... I guess you're trying this build.

Would you consider it a good build to upgrade ? Showmix is working fine ?

- patkhoo - 2009-10-26

chareos Wrote:On Showmix homepage I read

Considring a few are saying 24000 build is fine, you're saying 24001 brings back even navigation sounds... I guess you're trying this build.

Would you consider it a good build to upgrade ? Showmix is working fine ?

Let me re-inforce what Matt (Azido) has said - use newest SVNs at your own risk. Of course some of us are already testing new(est) SVNs etc etc. a) From the testing done, we've given information, logs, feedback, etc etc to developers where appropriate. And b) we do not come onto the forums to complain why this does (or does not) work.

So if you are:
* experienced enough technically and with XBMC,
* are willing to accept that there are bugs and problems (this and that does not work) - YMMV,
* and most importantly, have some patience and give developers time to work on things (as opposed to just coming into the forums and saying "X,Y,Z does not work, when can you fix it..")
then maybe, you can try one of the newer SVNs.

PS, 20040 DX is said to be even better than 24001, fixes lots of stuff like x264 media recognition in TS streams, yadda yadda.. Haven't tried it myself tho..

- TheSwede1970 - 2009-10-26

azido Wrote:i guess you're talking about the angled view we already have in our low list, don't you?

we thought about that, but decided to leave poster and thumbs flat as the coverflow already has angles. beside that it's hell of a code and time to use correct angles and surely nothing that should be brought in as an option. we should avoid bringing in too much code again as we are already pushing the limits of the skinning engine. although i have to agree it would be cool to have a pseudo 3d view - but then again things tend to become boring and an unspectacular standard really fast.

we can't give an exact date when it will be available. music multiplex has to be done (not even started yet), we might redesign the title display to go on bottom again, then several checks have to be done to ensure all is working like it should. not to mention several issues that come up with recent svn versions of xbmc and surely need developers attention.

so it can take a while..

Think he actually means this view...

Closest i can get to that is...

- UnisonRuss - 2009-10-26

I was speaking of the angled view from LowList...however after hearing the reasoning there is need need for it.

On another note I think those vies would be a nice addition to the MultiPlex tradition Big Grin