Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- Peligrozo - 2009-11-01

azido Wrote:finally, for the bigger coverflow: MANY users complained about the missing showcase view. some even don't use showmix anymore, simply because we removed it. this is our way of bringing it back without the need for an additional view.
Hmm. I understand the point of having bigger coverflow for some people, but I'd really prefer it if it could be a setting. It would be crazy good if you could be able to adjust the sizes of the covers and amount of movies shown manually (or choose between some preset defaults). I have a large TV and I'd be more interested in fitting more covers in the flow rather than enlarging them.

- azido - 2009-11-01

Peligrozo Wrote:Hmm. I understand the point of having bigger coverflow for some people, but I'd really prefer it if it could be a setting. It would be crazy good if you could be able to adjust the sizes of the covers and amount of movies shown manually (or choose between some preset defaults). I have a large TV and I'd be more interested in fitting more covers in the flow rather than enlarging them.

i fully understand your wish and would certainly have the same with your setup, but as i also answered at the resource center there are several reasons why we avoid more thumbs or adding an option for such.

if you really, really, (really) can't live without more (and smaller) thumbs i'd advise you to take the time to explore how those thumbs are generated code-wise, and mod it for yourself. You'll find the code in Viewtype_Multiplex_Movies.xml starting on line 22 with size definitions for thumbs and their overlays (bevel+glass overlay) and line 119 starts with the definition for the leftmost thumb to display. of course that's only valid for the version that is not out yet.

- Riderzzz - 2009-11-01

azido Wrote:i for myself would be more interested in fixing it, if there is the need to.

1. "the latest svn" isn't a valid description of the version you are using. be exact.
2. describe the steps you take and give a screenshot of the issue.

chances are there is something either wrong on your system or you are doing wrong. never had any trouble setting up folders for random backdrops on any svn version so far.

I have SVN version r24155 and version 2.0.1 with showmix
I have this running on a apple tv and all works prefect except this window.

When i go to custimze. slelect backdrops for homemenu items i cant browse for folder or files. (see screenshot below)

- adriank99 - 2009-11-01

Riderzzz Wrote:I have SVN version r24155 and version 2.0.1 with showmix

When i go to custimze. slelect backdrops for homemenu items i cant browse for folder or files. (see screenshot below)

Quote:WARNING: at current time, the xbmc developers are doing a big merge, causing the most recent builds to become highly unstable - so for the time being we can only guarantee that showmix will work with SVN 22516 - usage of any higher version could lead to unexpected results so you are encouraged to not use them right now.. you have been warned!

Smile

- Riderzzz - 2009-11-01

adriank99 Wrote:Smile

I know this, i have been reading everything also on the wiki.
Thats why i tried to ask a kindoff different question where i could find the xml to change it myself. It doesnt need a real fix Smile because it would be probably the svn what is not good.

i found the xml for the backdrops slideshow settings, only not the backdrops for the extra added homemenu-item.

- zwat - 2009-11-01

u could even try the latest showmix version 2.1. might help or might not Tongue

- zwat - 2009-11-01

i just put up a asrock ion pc with ubuntu 9.10 and some svn of xbmc and showmix 2.1 (try ignore my signature since i don't know what xbmc version i put on it. forgot to check and now i have sent it back to owner).
had some problems with graphic not popping up. like when doing set content on a folder the set content dialog and graphic did not pop up. it's probably a version bug so thats not my point. however maybe the biggest problem i had was the customize settings \configure menus. i got a lot of problems there. either the toggle options wasn't there or i got a error dialog with error: favorites.py something. and of course when going out of this menu xbmc crashed and wouldn't shut down so i had to kill the process.
so what i think should be done is make either a dialogue which ask u if u wanna restart or not, or make a option to exit this page without restarting or not restart if not any change has been done. u think this could be possible to do?

- mccorkled - 2009-11-02

what program do you use as your media manager in order to download multiple screen shots of tv shows and movies?

All the media managers I know of only get a background, cover, and nfo

- patkhoo - 2009-11-02

mccorkled Wrote:what program do you use as your media manager in order to download multiple screen shots of tv shows and movies?

All the media managers I know of only get a background, cover, and nfo

For Movies, I use Ember Media Manager. It gets covers/posters and fanart, optionally trailers and I usually use the thumbnail extractor to generate thumbs.

For TV Shows, I use XBMC itself. Supplemented by xMM and Mozilla Firefox (manual browsing Rolleyes) from time to time.

- azido - 2009-11-02

zwat Wrote:had some problems with graphic not popping up. like when doing set content on a folder the set content dialog and graphic did not pop up. it's probably a version bug so thats not my point.

that might just be the well known "missing stuff issue" we experience sometimes, too. from time to time i get this myself too. technically the most presumable situation for this to come up is whenever XBMC.SkinReload applied more than once (typical when switching views and styles of them a lot). a clean restart of xbmc should help out here. not much we can do.

zwat Wrote:however maybe the biggest problem i had was the customize settings \configure menus. i got a lot of problems there. either the toggle options wasn't there or i got a error dialog with error: favorites.py something. and of course when going out of this menu xbmc crashed and wouldn't shut down so i had to kill the process.
so what i think should be done is make either a dialogue which ask u if u wanna restart or not, or make a option to exit this page without restarting or not restart if not any change has been done. u think this could be possible to do?

could the error dialog be "cannot find favourites.xml" ? that's the only one that could come up there i know of. that would simply mean you have not set up any favourites yet, and so showmix cannot deal with them at the custom shortcut entries. but that shouldn't harm the other settings in there at all - meaning you could still turn off/on all the other shortcuts not related to favourites. once again, if there is something missing, a restart of xbmc should help.

for the exit: andy likes to make sure that the user will quit xbmc after settings made there, as most likely there will come errors/missing things, so that's why there is a forced one. as i experienced crashes here too, we have a slightly modified version in our update, where a short delay before the quit gots added - and the crashes went away. hopefully that will work the same for all ppl then.

- azido - 2009-11-02

patkhoo Wrote:For TV Shows, I use XBMC itself. Supplemented by xMM and Mozilla Firefox (manual browsing Rolleyes) from time to time.

[offtopic]xMM sounds very promising to me. is it good? does it allow to switch banner language like in the standard xbmc scraper? does it allow to set different fanarts for the seasons?[/offtopic]

- azido - 2009-11-02

Riderzzz Wrote:I have SVN version r24155 and version 2.0.1 with showmix

really strange. i never had something like this, although i'm also trying recent builds with showmix. as i cannot reproduce this, and xbmc is still in a version merge, there's nothing me or andy can do here at given time. might be one of those things that will dissappear by itself on newer builds then.

- mccorkled - 2009-11-02

patkhoo Wrote:For Movies, I use Ember Media Manager. It gets covers/posters and fanart, optionally trailers and I usually use the thumbnail extractor to generate thumbs.

For TV Shows, I use XBMC itself. Supplemented by xMM and Mozilla Firefox (manual browsing Rolleyes) from time to time.

I know that xbmc downloads images automatically but I like to have mine downloaded and placed into the directory where the video file is.
I dont understand how it can grab 2 or even 4 screen shots of an episode or movie. Ive been using mediastream and Im on a slow conversion over to your skin Smile

- azido - 2009-11-02

mccorkled Wrote:I know that xbmc downloads images automatically but I like to have mine downloaded and placed into the directory where the video file is.

extracting video database into separate entries along with fanart and thumbs will be your friend then.

Quote:I dont understand how it can grab 2 or even 4 screen shots of an episode or movie. Ive been using mediastream and Im on a slow conversion over to your skin Smile

extrathumbs are a "hack-job" and nothing xbmc supports itself right now. however, EMM can either assign fanart to them, or you can load up a movie and generate stills (by hand or automatic) which then can be assigned to become extrathumbs, too.

btw, extrathumbs are restricted to movies. there are none for episodes.

- Riderzzz - 2009-11-02

azido Wrote:really strange. i never had something like this, although i'm also trying recent builds with showmix. as i cannot reproduce this, and xbmc is still in a version merge, there's nothing me or andy can do here at given time. might be one of those things that will dissappear by itself on newer builds then.

All right, Yesterday i have been editing guisetting.xml and all works fine with the backgrounds. Probably next version it will; be fixed, or when i do real freash install again. Will see Smile