Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- Riderzzz - 2009-11-02

azido Wrote:could the error dialog be "cannot find favourites.xml" ? that's the only one that could come up there i know of. that would simply mean you have not set up any favourites yet, and so showmix cannot deal with them at the custom shortcut entries. but that shouldn't harm the other settings in there at all - meaning you could still turn off/on all the other shortcuts not related to favourites. once again, if there is something missing, a restart of xbmc should help.

for the exit: andy likes to make sure that the user will quit xbmc after settings made there, as most likely there will come errors/missing things, so that's why there is a forced one. as i experienced crashes here too, we have a slightly modified version in our update, where a short delay before the quit gots added - and the crashes went away. hopefully that will work the same for all ppl then.

I had the same error, my favourites.xml made in another skin didnt wanna load in that settings screen. When that happened i got the error in favourites. After just deleting the favourites.xml file and add favourites again after a restart solved my problem.

BTW, if you wanna leave the screen without a restart, push the "S" button to navigate to another settings screen. It will not restart then Big Grin

- azido - 2009-11-02

Riderzzz Wrote:BTW, if you wanna leave the screen without a restart, push the "S" button to navigate to another settings screen. It will not restart then Big Grin

you tricky bastard ~haha~
yeah, i know about that, but we'd like to ensure the user quits xbmc anyway. so if someone use that "workaround" please be sure to quit the way you do usually.

Riderzzz Wrote:I had the same error, my favourites.xml made in another skin didnt wanna load in that settings screen.

strange. there is nothing showmix modifies on the creation of favourites.xml. the only thing we change is the behaviour if they should be browsable or simply start when triggered - but that one goes into guisettings.xml and not favourites.xml. can you try to create a favourites.xml in different skins and check for any differences?

- Riderzzz - 2009-11-02

azido Wrote:strange. there is nothing showmix modifies on the creation of favourites.xml. the only thing we change is the behaviour if they should be browsable or simply start when triggered - but that one goes into guisettings.xml and not favourites.xml. can you try to create a favourites.xml in different skins and check for any differences?

I tried in multiple skins, but no difference i could see. When i had those problems i was on a different build, dont know if that has something to do with it.

After trying a few times i deleted the favourites.xml restart skin and add something to favourites so he makes the xml again and since then no favourites.py error. Beats me why that worked, maybe it was just being lucky Smile

- azido - 2009-11-02

Riderzzz Wrote:I tried in multiple skins, but no difference i could see. When i had those problems i was on a different build, dont know if that has something to do with it.

After trying a few times i deleted the favourites.xml restart skin and add something to favourites so he makes the xml again and since then no favourites.py error. Beats me why that worked, maybe it was just being lucky Smile

most likely was a build error then. some builds had/have trouble with py scripts. i was just wondering since i kept my playlists and favourites since 22516 and simply copied them over to newer builds, never experienced trouble in showmix with them.

- Riderzzz - 2009-11-02

azido Wrote:most likely was a build error then. some builds had/have trouble with py scripts. i was just wondering since i kept my playlists and favourites since 22516 and simply copied them over to newer builds, never experienced trouble in showmix with them.

I wish i knew why, i hate when a problem is over and you dont know why its over Smile

btw, tried to dowsngrade 2 days ago to 22516 again, its gone from the svn database, only 22514 is exisiting. Is there a place you know where i can get the file 22516 back?

- azido - 2009-11-02

Riderzzz Wrote:Is there a place you know where i can get the file 22516 back?

depends on your platform. for windows it's still available from kricker's 3rd party builds. others with other platforms in here might help you out with their setup file(s).

- andyblac - 2009-11-02

Riderzzz Wrote:I wish i knew why, i hate when a problem is over and you dont know why its over Smile

btw, tried to dowsngrade 2 days ago to 22516 again, its gone from the svn database, only 22514 is exisiting. Is there a place you know where i can get the file 22516 back?

http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/?mode=Notes

click the platform you require at the bottom, the browse to the build you want then click download (at the right)

- Riderzzz - 2009-11-02

andyblac Wrote:http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/?mode=Notes

click the platform you require at the bottom, the browse to the build you want then click download (at the right)

I know, thats why i wondered why there wasnt the 22516 in the file, only the 22514. Im on OSX.

- azido - 2009-11-02

Riderzzz Wrote:I know, thats why i wondered why there wasnt the 22516 in the file, only the 22514. Im on OSX.

you can go as high as 22528, cause 22529 is the one the merge began. 22516 was just the one available here for windows, that's why it's mentioned as being the last one by me.

- Riderzzz - 2009-11-02

Thanks azido, then i know wich files i can take Smile

Haha, 1 small question more. i got a second windows where i cant select the folder.
Its in the "movie folder location" in advanced settings.
Is there someone who know in wich file this is stored? so i can put it manually in the xml file?

- azido - 2009-11-02

Riderzzz Wrote:Thanks azido, then i know wich files i can take Smile

Haha, 1 small question more. i got a second windows where i cant select the folder.
Its in the "movie folder location" in advanced settings.
Is there someone who know in wich file this is stored? so i can put it manually in the xml file?

guisettings.xml as usual.
assuming you named your skin dir Showmix it would be this line

<setting type="string" name="Showmix.moviefolder">P:\ATH\TO\YOUR\MOVIES\</setting>

..but i would really find out why your folders are not showing up in the dialog windows, if i were you. seems like you're the only one with troubles on that.

you downloaded the required fonts for showmix, don't you? just to make sure (in recent builds it falls back to default fonts when there is no fonts folder in the skin)

- patkhoo - 2009-11-03

azido Wrote:[offtopic]xMM sounds very promising to me. is it good? does it allow to switch banner language like in the standard xbmc scraper? does it allow to set different fanarts for the seasons?[/offtopic]

[offtopic]No, not for fanart for individual seasons. I had to copy it manually by hand. Posters for diff seasons yes. And xMM does not seem to download the thumbs for each episode. So in the end, XBMC itself + export library seems the most convenient...[/offtopic]

- patkhoo - 2009-11-03

mccorkled Wrote:I know that xbmc downloads images automatically but I like to have mine downloaded and placed into the directory where the video file is.

So do I. EMM will do that for you for movies. But use XBMC itself to scrape TV Shows, then go to settings > video > library and do an export library > separate files > overwrite/or not old files and bingo...

mccorkled Wrote:I dont understand how it can grab 2 or even 4 screen shots of an episode or movie.

Ember does this for movies, just set it in options. Alternatively, search this forum for a proggie called "Thumber". I used to use it before I switched to Ember. You can use these software to create thumbs (basically screen caps) of whatever video you have and use those thumbs for posters/fanart/extrathumbs/wallpaper/email-signature/... Big Grin

- azido - 2009-11-03

patkhoo Wrote:[offtopic]No, not for fanart for individual seasons. I had to copy it manually by hand. Posters for diff seasons yes. And xMM does not seem to download the thumbs for each episode. So in the end, XBMC itself + export library seems the most convenient...[/offtopic]

thanks for saving me from trying then Rolleyes

- patkhoo - 2009-11-03

azido Wrote:thanks for saving me from trying then Rolleyes

For you my dahling, Anything! Rofl