Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- fidoboy - 2009-11-05

Yes, i've though that... but other Aeon mods does not work in that way... Let's hope that azido can solve it...

regards,

- azido - 2009-11-05

fidoboy Wrote:Yes, i've though that... but other Aeon mods does not work in that way... Let's hope that azido can solve it...

regards,

best idea would be to list the ones that are still english for you. note temmi might be right that some strings indeed might not been localized yet and therefor have that behaviour, especially if they are our additions.

once they are tracked down, it's easy to fix.

- fidoboy - 2009-11-05

Well, in home screen, for example, almost all strings need to be translated (they are all in english, except Movies (actually this word is translated); all the others (shutdown, settings, etc, etc) need to be translated. Also statistics at top right corner are not translated and almost all the texts in the settings screen. Also i've noticed the following bugs:

- The settings screens sometimes are empty
- Transitions between pages are very slow (the screen goes black and there is a lot of hdd access)
- Plugins in favourites (Apple Movie trailers for example) takes some time to load (it shows coverflow view for a second and then the list view)
- Cant find the system info screen (with CPU load, temps, etc)
- There is no progress window when downloading fanarts or covers for movies for example.
- Buffering text in OSD is out of place (when watching internet streams, for example in appe movie trailers and other plugins)
- Pictures view modes are not very useful. They need to be fixed and enhaced.
- Custom backgrounds for home screen doesn't work.
- Texts on movie info screen are not placed right (for example reload, fanart, trailer, etc)

May be that there are some other bugs, but these are the ones that i remember for now...

I'm using Linux and latest SVN.

- azido - 2009-11-05

fidoboy Wrote:Well, in home screen, for example, almost all strings need to be translated (they are all in english, except Movies (actually this word is translated); all the others (shutdown, settings, etc, etc) need to be translated.

uh.. this was hard to track down.. i was really scratching my head why it doesn't translate. now i know: for some reason, UTF-8 encoding doesn't work here. so, go ahead, open the spanish strings.xml, and on the very first line change encoding="UTF-8" to encoding="ISO-8859-1". restart xbmc and your translated copy appears.

note there might then be still some minor labels that appear in english. at the current time, it won't be useful to ask you to translate them, since we added even more. please be patient here until the next update is available; there i will make sure all missing string id's are added to the spanish strings.xml, so you can edit it and translate the ones that are still in english. after that, supply that one to us and we add it like i told you before.

Quote:- The settings screens sometimes are empty
this is a known issue. nothing we can do yet. restart xbmc when that occurs. sometimes it might even help to go out of that settings page and come back again.

Quote:- Transitions between pages are very slow (the screen goes black and there is a lot of hdd access)
nothing i can reproduce here. all transitions are fine. massive hdd access only occurs if xbmc reads lots of new files for meta data extraction, like i.e. when adding a new show with lots of episodes and entering that one for the first time.

Quote:- Plugins in favourites (Apple Movie trailers for example) takes some time to load (it shows coverflow view for a second and then the list view)
try to add that plugin from favourites to become a custom shortcut for i.e. movies and see if that still happens. doesn't here.

Quote:- Cant find the system info screen (with CPU load, temps, etc)
you cannot find one as there is none. added it to the new version. will be accessible from the shutdown menu like in pm3 HD.

Quote:- There is no progress window when downloading fanarts or covers for movies for example.
correct.

Quote:- Buffering text in OSD is out of place (when watching internet streams, for example in appe movie trailers and other plugins)
screenshot please.

Quote:- Pictures view modes are not very useful. They need to be fixed and enhaced.
we didn't touch the pictures section at all yet, so it is still the old auriga code.

Quote:- Custom backgrounds for home screen doesn't work.
it does work very well here. could be the svn you are using.

Quote:- Texts on movie info screen are not placed right (for example reload, fanart, trailer, etc)

this is an xbmc limitation. currently there is no possibility to arrange horizontally aligned buttons based on the length of their labels. so they look fine in english, but suck in any other language with longer words. nothing we can do here than maybe rearrange those buttons vertically. i will talk to andy about that. i also suffer from that problem in my german version..

Quote:May be that there are some other bugs, but these are the ones that i remember for now...
in future please do one post per issue, it's easier to answer. if you want to make sure we keep knowledge of your issues, consider creating an account at assembla and create tickets. the first post here holds info about that.

Quote:I'm using Linux and latest SVN.
imagine xbmc gets updated possibly every minute, so "latest SVN" is never a valid description for the version you run.

FYI: XBMC 9.11 alpha 1 is out - showmix situation - azido - 2009-11-05

folks,

looks like the merge phase came to an end, as the devs officially tagged one of the recent svn versions as alpha 1.

please note that there already made changes AFTER that specific revision, that we need to take care of. also note that there are still bugs considered to be in that version. that's why it is an alpha..

for showmix, that means: the recommendation for version 2.1 is still to use svn 22528 max. what's done has been done. there will be no fixes specifically to version 2.1 to ensure compatibility with 9.11 alpha 1.

those of you that are with us for some time know we already work on an update for a while. this update contains a major rewrite of the multiplex views, but thats not all.. further more a system info screen got added, full hd support (meaning: true 1920x1080 screen width is in the making instead of upscaling 1280x720 to that size for crisper graphics), nearly all dialog windows became a redesign, the virtual keyboard has been rewritten and and and.
in addition, both andy and me are extensively testing the updated version against current svn versions on mac, linux and windows to make sure all works as it should.
summary: when the update is done, it should run with whatever xbmc version the devs come up officially then. but that still takes a while..

so be patient.

- afrsa - 2009-11-05

Hi!

I installed the XBMC version svn 22516 (http://danielpatton.com/user-accounts/XBMC-updates/ikons/) with fonts that I downloaded here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=52755, in a freshly installed W7 with the skin Aeon 2.11 that I downloaded here http://github.com/andyblac/aeon... but i can't see in the inicial menu the TV Shows and Movie option... therefore i cant either "set content" on my movie or TVshows directories...

Can someone give me a hand on this? What am I doing wrong?

Thx in advance! Wink

- fidoboy - 2009-11-05

azido Wrote:uh.. this was hard to track down.. i was really scratching my head why it doesn't translate. now i know: for some reason, UTF-8 encoding doesn't work here. so, go ahead, open the spanish strings.xml, and on the very first line change encoding="UTF-8" to encoding="ISO-8859-1". restart xbmc and your translated copy appears.

note there might then be still some minor labels that appear in english. at the current time, it won't be useful to ask you to translate them, since we added even more. please be patient here until the next update is available; there i will make sure all missing string id's are added to the spanish strings.xml, so you can edit it and translate the ones that are still in english. after that, supply that one to us and we add it like i told you before.

Ok, finally i got it working, it's not necessary to change the encoding (UTF-8 is fine) you only need to save the file converting it to 'UTF-8 no BOM' using, for example Notepad++. This way it works, however there is already some texts not being translated, as, for example, statistics shown on movies and tv shows (totals, watched, etc on home screen). I suppose that this texts are hardcoded into the skin, if you put them into the strings.xml file i can translate them into spanish and post here the file.

About the other problems, i hope that i didn't sounded too rude, i just want to help Wink I'm sorry for posting so many issues into one single post.

kind regards,

- azido - 2009-11-05

afrsa Wrote:Hi!

I installed the XBMC version svn 22516 (http://danielpatton.com/user-accounts/XBMC-updates/ikons/) with fonts that I downloaded here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=52755, in a freshly installed W7 with the skin Aeon 2.11 that I downloaded here http://github.com/andyblac/aeon... but i can't see in the inicial menu the TV Shows and Movie option... therefore i cant either "set content" on my movie or TVshows directories...

Can someone give me a hand on this? What am I doing wrong?

Thx in advance! Wink

you just have a wrong guess how that works. movies and tvshows shortcuts do not show up as long as there is no source and data assigned to them. so go to videos instead, select add source. when done, highlight that source, use context menu, then select set content from there. scan in some videos from your new source, and you will see the shortcuts appearing in home menu where there is data for.

- Songoku - 2009-11-05

azido Wrote:you just have a wrong guess how that works. movies and tvshows shortcuts do not show up as long as there is no source and data assigned to them. so go to videos instead, select add source. when done, highlight that source, use context menu, then select set content from there. scan in some videos from your new source, and you will see the shortcuts appearing in home menu where there is data for.

I was just gonna ask that. I also solved the flag problem. Thanks for the usefull work one more Smile

- afrsa - 2009-11-05

azido Wrote:you just have a wrong guess how that works. movies and tvshows shortcuts do not show up as long as there is no source and data assigned to them. so go to videos instead, select add source. when done, highlight that source, use context menu, then select set content from there. scan in some videos from your new source, and you will see the shortcuts appearing in home menu where there is data for.

Great! My bad man...

Thx for your usefull help! Wink

- lefty420 - 2009-11-06

Will the script work with the newly released alpaha 1 ?

- azido - 2009-11-06

lefty420 Wrote:Will the script work with the newly released alpaha 1 ?

which script?

and: read my statement a page back.

- azido - 2009-11-06

fidoboy Wrote:About the other problems, i hope that i didn't sounded too rude, i just want to help Wink

no problemo, senor Wink

well, actually, if you really like to help, go here and download an actual version of the spanish strings.xml. go through it and translate anything that isn't spanish, then give it back to us so we will include it in our update.

- Ay-Jay - 2009-11-06

n00b question (I think):
I downloaded and installed the showmix skin via the download/installer script

That seems to have worked fine, but in some places I am missing images I think. The home screen does not show any backgrounds for example (like the conditioned weather backgrounds). Also when I browse a media section (movies, tv shows) and I want to change the view (to multiplex:art for example), there are no images indicating the layout options for example, except for the "current". Also, it seems not all flags are shown when browsing movies (like studio, rating, are fine, but resolution, audio, etc not).

I am using the latest stable release of XBMC. Did I do something wrong, or is something broken?

(I did search this thread, but with so many pages of posts I did not see the same problem elsewhere. Although this post looks like it, it is not the same issue I experience)

Other than that: I love this skin and app!

- ShizzlePDX503 - 2009-11-06

I am guessing that there won't be an update until the 9.11 version of XBMC is stable. Would this be a correct assumption?