Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- patkhoo - 2009-11-09

azido Wrote:this could all be valid, but at the current stage it simply isn't of any use in terms of beta testing, as there are generally unfinished parts here and there. like in the middle of multiplex updating andy decided to work on an 1080p version of the skin, which then brought him back to fixing dialog issues as he has to go through all the code again, then he started getting rid of a seperate video info window (yes, read on this that in future releases that will be part of the info window in lib view, so you get your cast in there, too Wink ) - so in fact when i say "too many open road works" i mean it exactly like that..

Ha ha ha! Rofl I geddit..

OK, since it seems that it will be (quite) a while more, then I suggest the following:
1. Open a page on wiki and list down known issues when running Showmix on Camelot Alpha 1.
2. Re-iterate (on same page) that Showmix is only supported on correct SVN - and provide links to them.

Why do this at all? Because as we know, regardless of the number of warnings saying Showmix is not supported on XYZ ver of XBMC, some people are sure to run it and come into this thread and point out this and that problems. This happens partly because if you go to XBMC download, and grab a fresh download, it won't work with Showmix. "Stable" Babylon does not support all the fantastic things Showmix can do, while the other download for Camelot Alpha 1 has a bunch of problems still. So fresh installs will not work either way.

Granted this is all "temporary", but I believe that proper management of users will save some headache in the long term. And "temporary" could be a while Rolleyes Hey, good stuff takes time to mature yes? So I'd prefer to have this sort of temporary notices and "known issues" information etc and let Andy work at his own pace until he is satisfied..

- azido - 2009-11-09

patkhoo Wrote:Ha ha ha! Rofl I geddit..

OK, since it seems that it will be (quite) a while more, then I suggest the following:
1. Open a page on wiki and list down known issues when running Showmix on Camelot Alpha 1.
2. Re-iterate (on same page) that Showmix is only supported on correct SVN - and provide links to them.

i doubt this will prevent those support questions. even ppl already used to the wiki and with us for some time tend to stick their noses to current releases of xbmc and moan about missing features and issues ~cough~ - and the rest never read any wiki at all.

additionally i will not download camelot alpha 1 and test it with showmix 2.1. currently i have about 8 different installations of xbmc with showmix in different versions, too, none of them using the "old" 2.1 code though.

but hey, feel free to add yourself up to assembla and become a member of the showmix team, and i'm more than happy to give you write access to the wiki so you can set up your suggested page.. Wink

- andyblac - 2009-11-09

azido Wrote:this could all be valid, but at the current stage it simply isn't of any use in terms of beta testing, as there are generally unfinished parts here and there. like in the middle of multiplex updating andy decided to work on an 1080p version of the skin, which then brought him back to fixing dialog issues as he has to go through all the code again, then he started getting rid of a seperate video info window (yes, read on this that in future releases that will be part of the info window in lib view, so you get your cast in there, too Wink ) - so in fact when i say "too many open road works" i mean it exactly like that..

as Azido has said i am curently converting the code to FULL HD 1080, and there alot of it i have to go through every single line of very file, but it realy worth it if you have a 1080p TV, if you dont it is still an inprovement on some texture azido has noticed. anyway here are some teasers for you all, but please dont post requests about what you want to see, myself and Azido are working on too many things for ShowMix 2.5, but they has been loads of bug fixed as result of me having to go through all the code.

without further ado:
Movie info

Music Artists

Music Albums

Music Songs

- phil65 - 2009-11-09

andyblac Wrote:as Azido has said i am curently converting the code to FULL HD 1080, and there alot of it i have to go through every single line of very file, but it realy worth it if you have a 1080p TV, if you dont it is still an inprovement on some texture azido has noticed. anyway here are some teasers for you all, but please dont post requests about what you want to see, myself and Azido are working on too many things for ShowMix 2.5, but they has been loads of bug fixed as result of me having to go through all the code.

without further ado:
Movie info

Music Artists

Music Albums

Music Songs

looks interesting. will there be any way to get the cover in full size (using the full height of the monitor)?

- zwat - 2009-11-09

nice. but should have used the showmix artistthumb on artist screenshot Big Grin

- azido - 2009-11-09

temmi2000 Wrote:looks interesting. will there be any way to get the cover in full size (using the full height of the monitor)?

for albums/artists that would be rather useless, upscaling a 500x500 max image to 1080p fullscreen doesn't look good Wink

- azido - 2009-11-09

zwat Wrote:nice. but should have used the showmix artistthumb on artist screenshot Big Grin

hrhr.. that is my baby. i guess he never used one of those yet.

- phil65 - 2009-11-09

azido Wrote:for albums/artists that would be rather useless, upscaling a 500x500 max image to 1080p fullscreen doesn't look good Wink

I mean the film covers of course.

- azido - 2009-11-09

temmi2000 Wrote:I mean the film covers of course.

i see.

no, the goal was to remove the fullscreen info completely and integrate it into the lib view, as we always felt that screen no longer belongs to showmix anymore. and it saves you from having a seperate poster.jpg for that view, too.

of course some ppl will miss it. that's the way it goes..

Showmix moves to sourceforge / future of showmix - azido - 2009-11-12

hi all,

several reasons made us rethinking about the current situation.

the facts:

- we still only have a thread and no subforum for showmix here. nearly all code of aeon has removed, so we think it is no longer a mod, but an own skin.

- github suxx both in usage and availability plus andy's account there seems to be corrupted.

- too many places regarding showmix: xbmc forum / assembla for tickets & wiki / github for downloads / resource center for additional content

- the ticket system on assembla is not really user friendly.

to overcome all this, we started moving to sourcforge and to use their services.

the new adress for showmix is http://sourceforge.net/projects/showmix

Already done:

- uploaded current version 2.1 for easy downloading
- set up phpBB (forum) at http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/showmix/
- set up trac (same as xbmc uses) at http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/showmix/

still to do:

- move our wiki to http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/showmix/
- maybe host our resource center there (unsure right now)
- upload initial commit for easy checkout using one of the many subversion clients available out there

plan:

- so called "stable releases" will be downloadable as zip
- current versions can be checked out and easily updated
- all at one place

so from now on don't expect us to give any more support in here. we might still add announcements, but major talk should go over at the project forums from now on.

make sure you bookmark the project page if you want to follow us.

attention 3rd party download-script programmers: although we will not delete the version on github yet, we will do so when 2.5 is out. make sure you stay tuned if you like to include future updates in your scripts.

- Danielocean - 2009-11-12

azido Wrote:...
- all at one place

thats the most important thing, i guess...

- zwat - 2009-11-12

does that mean that for every single little fix we need to dl a 100MB packet?

- Danielocean - 2009-11-12

nope

you can use tortoiseSVN

- Stranger - 2009-11-12

This is my favorite skin, the wall view is the best aeon has seen but it would be even better with an info box like Aeon65

- andyblac - 2009-11-13

DR. Stranger Wrote:This is my favorite skin, the wall view is the best aeon has seen but it would be even better with an info box like Aeon65

it is comming..... Smile