Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- andyblac - 2009-07-13

>>X<<' Wrote:The freezing problem mentioned earlier is definitely the weather.com plugin Rolleyes tried it with other mods and caused the same problem

OK, maybe you could post your problems in that thread to see if he can sort it, also it does bot work on all locations like the standard weather, (it does not find my location, so i cant use it)

- lonchaney - 2009-07-14

can you guys help me out with the git set up so i can always be up to date with this mod?

i used git to dl the mod initially but i don't know if it's updating it properly...

i open it up and hit open recent repository (which points to where this mod is installed) and then i hit remote -> fetch from -> origin

it says fetching new changes from origin, working please wait... and then says:

From git://github.com/andyblac/aeon
e18a09e..573739c master -> origin/master
Success

what do i do after that? it shows unstaged changes staged changes but do i have to do anything or is that it done?

thanks in advance

- andyblac - 2009-07-14

lonchaney Wrote:can you guys help me out with the git set up so i can always be up to date with this mod?

i used git to dl the mod initially but i don't know if it's updating it properly...

i open it up and hit open recent repository (which points to where this mod is installed) and then i hit remote -> fetch from -> origin

Success

what do i do after that? it shows unstaged changes staged changes but do i have to do anything or is that it done?

thanks in advance

i have have just done an update so try again, if it does not pull any new file i would say it's not working

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2009-07-14

lonchaney Wrote:can you guys help me out with the git set up so i can always be up to date with this mod?

Success

thanks in advance

If your using the GUI its even more confusing if you ask me

All I did was right click the skins folder and select "Git Bash"

then paste the following

Code:
git clone git://github.com/andyblac/aeon.git AeonMultiShow

That will create a folder "AeonMultiShow" in the skins directory and download everything into folder

Then in the future you just right click "AeonMultiShow" select git bash and type "git pull"

If its already up to date it will tell you so if not it will update Big Grin

Obviously you needed to have put git bash on right click when you did the install, "AeonMultiShow" folder can be any name you like thats just an example

- azido - 2009-07-14

andyblac Wrote:i have have just done an update so try again, if it does not pull any new file i would say it's not working

andy, you might want to read this, too..

fonts on github

- lonchaney - 2009-07-14

andyblac Wrote:i have have just done an update so try again, if it does not pull any new file i would say it's not working

so is what i am doing correct? should something else be happening though? after hitting fetch origin what should happen or what should i be doing if it's working correctly?

- SHen350 - 2009-07-14

Well, I was going to say nice things about your MOD and all, but really I'm not sure I can express my appreciation more then whats already been said. I really love the way the MOD is shaping up. I have no idea how you get all this done in so short of a time.
I love that I can get most of the MODs I enjoy just by pulling one complete skin and not having to patch anything together. So far that has never worked well for me.

My nephew was wondering if this could be added in...
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48191&highlight=comics

I'm not sure I can add it in myself for him without messing something up. I am sure that I would rather he read his digital comics on the tv in his room rather then at my computer. I have no idea if it would fit together with this MOD, and I'm not in a huge hurry as I am enjoying the music updates right now.

Anyway, thanks again for all the work and cool stuff in your skin.

- patkhoo - 2009-07-14

>>X<<' Wrote:Check your external player config and make sure the following is set to false

<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>

Works fine for me when set to false but does exactly what you wrote above when set to true

Thanks a lot, I will try this when I get home.. I set it to true because some Wiki/threads over on the external player seem to recommend setting it to true for MPC HC to hide the cursor.. I'll give it a shot..

In the mean time, any ideas on the "high-speed rotating background images" for Weather and Settings?

- patkhoo - 2009-07-14

Success

thanks in advance

Well, if like me, you use the GIT GUI, then after you have gotten the first download and you want to do an update, you can try this:
1) open your existing repository - ie. C:\XBMC\Skins\Aeon ShowMultiplex
2) go to "Checkout" and choose "Tracking Branch" for MASTER (not auriga Smile
3) "... working ..."
4) You should now get some message about not being on a local branch anymore... Just click OK..

Give it a try.. Git GUI is not exactly the most friendly piece of software created.. TortoiseSVN is still tops in my book.. I'm going to try http://code.google.com/p/tortoisegit/ when I've some time..

- lonchaney - 2009-07-14

patkhoo Wrote:Well, if like me, you use the GIT GUI, then after you have gotten the first download and you want to do an update, you can try this:
1) open your existing repository - ie. C:\XBMC\Skins\Aeon ShowMultiplex
2) go to "Checkout" and choose "Tracking Branch" for MASTER (not auriga Smile
3) "... working ..."
4) You should now get some message about not being on a local branch anymore... Just click OK..
http://code.google.com/p/tortoisegit/ when I've some time..

thanks for the help but when i do this i get an error:

File level merge required.

error: Entry '720p/Includes_MediaFlags.xml would be overwritten by merge. Cannot merge.

Staying on branch 'master'.

anyone know what's up with that?

- patkhoo - 2009-07-14

lonchaney Wrote:thanks for the help but when i do this i get an error:

File level merge required.

error: Entry '720p/Includes_MediaFlags.xml would be overwritten by merge. Cannot merge.

Staying on branch 'master'.

anyone know what's up with that?

your "720p/Includes_MediaFlags.xml" seems to have been modified, delete it and try again.. it will grab a fresh copy from github...

- lonchaney - 2009-07-14

patkhoo Wrote:your "720p/Includes_MediaFlags.xml" seems to have been modified, delete it and try again.. it will grab a fresh copy from github...

yah i tried that...i moved the includes_mediaflags.xml to the desktop and it still gave me that error

- andyblac - 2009-07-14

azido Wrote:andy, you might want to read this, too..

fonts on github

OK ,thanks, did not know that Blush

- andyblac - 2009-07-14

another nice little update, i wanted to add some time ago but never got around to coding it.

Window popup's in TV Shows can now be set on per level basis.
ie. i have mine set to: TVSHOWS (INFO: TRIGGER), SEASONS (INFO: TRIGGER), EPISODES (INFO: ON).

Now on GIT.

- BDPNA - 2009-07-14

My #1 mod continues to get better and better. Thanks Andy.

I am to the point now where this is my one and only mod to the stock Aeon. Anyone adding anything else on top of Andy's mod that he missed? Anything else that's good and plays well with Showmix?