Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- azido - 2009-07-31

SHen350 Wrote:I am still pulling for it being able to pop my popcorn, but I think this is falling on deaf ears with Andy. I mean, I have to press almost 2 buttons on my microwave for popcorn! This really should be added to the skin! I can see it now, on the main menu "POPCORN" with little submenus "PLAIN" "BUTTERED" "SALT" "CARAMEL". mmmmm.... Is it lunch time?

I'm not much into popcorn, so andy, please skip this idea or make it an option.

- Batemann - 2009-07-31

Hi Andy,

I Just tried Hitchers Mod for a few weeks. Went back to yours. ;-) Missed a lot. The main reason why I tried out hiter's, is because I don't like the new list view in yours. I think the original one was better. It;s more in line with the rest of the skin. Is there any possibility that you can re-add this, maybe as an option? So you can switch? Kinda like the "legacy multiplex" we had in the past? I really hope so, that would make this the best mod ever. ;-)

Thanks!

- azido - 2009-07-31

Batemann Wrote:Hi Andy,

I Just tried Hitchers Mod for a few weeks. Went back to yours. ;-) Missed a lot. The main reason why I tried out hiter's, is because I don't like the new list view in yours. I think the original one was better. It;s more in line with the rest of the skin. Is there any possibility that you can re-add this, maybe as an option? So you can switch? Kinda like the "legacy multiplex" we had in the past? I really hope so, that would make this the best mod ever. ;-)

Thanks!

what's wrong with the current list view?

- Batemann - 2009-07-31

azido Wrote:what's wrong with the current list view?

I'm not saying there's something wrong with it, I'm saying I like the old one better. Wink

- Batemann - 2009-07-31

Ow andy, Another question.

As the git repositories are popping up like magic mushrooms I stopped trying to manage all of them. ;-) I love MC2009's Home mod; He is still updating that code. Do you keep adding his addons to your repository? Or did you do it once (I know you've changed a few things)?

- azido - 2009-07-31

Batemann Wrote:I'm not saying there's something wrong with it, I'm saying I like the old one better. Wink

mh.. if it comes down to personal likings, i would surely merge stuff from a lot of mods and skins together.

i guess we should stick with how it is for now, and concentrate on a) eliminate the bugs b) enhance the given features and c) add new groundbreaking possibilities to our beloved xbmc.

i mean, you can be sure, if andy would switch to the old list view, it would not take more than 5 seconds after the update until the first user moans about liking the other view more.

- SHen350 - 2009-07-31

Batemann Wrote:Hi Andy,

Thanks!

I don't mind the new list view. I don't really use it often, so I guess it really wouldn't bother me no matter what it looked like. I do see what you mean with Hitchers. The low list does look rather nice, so I can see that if you use list alot you would try out other ways it was done. Personally I changed to Andy's strictly becuase he added Anoobies trailers (I love me some trailers!). Of course, since then he has added alot more and I have become more familiar with the rest of the options, so I like this MOD for alot more then trailers. Mainly it's becuase he has added in alot of other peoples ideas with his and made it seemless. ( Okay, the recent freezes aren't seemless, but thats XBMC.) There have been a few bugs, but they get worked out quickly. I tried adding some of the little MODs together, and I just suck at it. I can get the trailers to work, but then I screw something else up. So I am glad people like Andy and Hitcher are willing to do the heavy lifting for me.

Besides as I have said before, all the skins on here generally do I good job of making your media center appealing, but Andy's (and Aeon in general) is the one that I show off to impress people. Nod

I wonder if Hitcher is willing to go with the popcorn thing. That could be a deal breaker for me.

- Batemann - 2009-07-31

azido Wrote:i mean, you can be sure, if andy would switch to the old list view, it would not take more than 5 seconds after the update until the first user moans about liking the other view more.

That's why I asked if it is possible if it could be added to, not replaced by, so us humble users can choose. The code for that is there, hence my reference to the legacy multiplex.

- Batemann - 2009-07-31

SHen350 Wrote:I don't mind the new list view. I don't really use it often, so I guess it really wouldn't bother me no matter what it looked like. I do see what you mean with Hitchers. The low list does look rather nice, so I can see that if you use list alot you would try out other ways it was done. Personally I changed to Andy's strictly becuase he added Anoobies trailers (I love me some trailers!).

I wonder if Hitcher is willing to go with the popcorn thing. That could be a deal breaker for me.

I use XBMC for music about 24/7, and albums only look okay in list mode. The old one looks a bit more classy, that's why I asked.

The popcorn thing?? Enlighten me. Please. Laugh

- azido - 2009-07-31

SHen350 Wrote:I wonder if Hitcher is willing to go with the popcorn thing. That could be a deal breaker for me.

mwahaha.. Laugh

ok serious: hitcher has done a great mod, and is doing a lot to improve it every day.

but showmix for me is the tick better in what you can do with it. surely i would like to see cosmetics here and there (like darker textures everywhere, a view for music that is more concentrated on displaying the fanart but still has much info on it, more flags for music, that eye-candy spinning cd mod when playing music and so on.. the list can become endless once you know andy is willing to fulfill everyones wishes) but in general i guess showmix has the most of all that can be done today in xbmc.

- Batemann - 2009-07-31

SHen350 Wrote:I tried adding some of the little MODs together, and I just suck at it. I can get the trailers to work, but then I screw something else up. So I am glad people like Andy and Hitcher are willing to do the heavy lifting for me.

Same here. I've spent a LOT of time modding the old Aeon myself, and I've gotten pretty good at it. But this one, Every bit of code makes me dizzy. And I don't have that much spare time anymore. Rolleyes So I am glad with people like Andy and hitcher too. ;-) I Would still LOVE it if thos to GOT TOGETHER AND CREATED THE UBER-AEON. :-D

- azido - 2009-07-31

Batemann Wrote:That's why I asked I it is possible if it could be added to, not replaced by, so us humble users can choose. The code for that is there, hence my reference to the legacy multiplex.

i wonder if the code still exists after all those recent cleanups, but i understand you now.

- Batemann - 2009-07-31

azido Wrote:mwahaha.. Laugh

ok serious: hitcher has done a great mod, and is doing a lot to improve it every day.

but showmix for me is the tick better in what you can do with it. surely i would like to see cosmetics here and there (like darker textures everywhere, a view for music that is more concentrated on displaying the fanart but still has much info on it, more flags for music, that eye-candy spinning cd mod when playing music and so on.. the list can become endless once you know andy is willing to fulfill everyones wishes) but in general i guess showmix has the most of all that can be done today in xbmc.

You can add the Spinning cd mod yourself. Just paste the folder in your showmix folder, without the fonts.xml (add the nessecary code in that yourself) and you're done. Works fine here.

- azido - 2009-07-31

Batemann Wrote:You can add the Spinning cd mod yourself. Just paste the folder in your showmix folder, without the fonts.xml (add the nessecary code in that yourself) and you're done. Works fine here.

really? no interference with existing code?

thanks for the tip Wink

- Batemann - 2009-07-31

azido Wrote:really? no interference with existing code?

thanks for the tip Wink

no interference. One thing: Sometimes a file interferes with the git update. I just delete the file that causes it, rerun the git pull and copy the cd-art mod over the skin folder again. 2 seconds work.