Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

scripts error - Gryph - 2009-08-01

I seem to be getting this error when loading the Home screen
Scripts
Error
Python script failed
special://skin/extras/extras.py

from the xmbc.log

12:18:58 T:2913991568 M:1952567296 NOTICE: File "/usr/share/xbmc/skin/Aeon Mod/extras/extras.py", line 3, in ?
12:18:58 T:2913991568 M:1952567296 NOTICE: from urllib import quote_plus, unquote_plus
12:18:58 T:2913991568 M:1952567296 NOTICE: ImportError
12:18:58 T:2913991568 M:1952567296 NOTICE: :
12:18:58 T:2913991568 M:1952567296 NOTICE: No module named urllib
12:18:58 T:2913991568 M:1952567296 ERROR: Scriptresult: Error

--- Now, PRIOR to this, I installed xbmc using the PPA method (of course the backgrounds aren't there), but I don't get that error.

I seem to get this error, when I compile from the latest SVN(being 21925)

I've tried 2 separate reinstalls of jaunty, previously had jaunty installed, using a previous version of your mod(without all these extras), but the main HDD failed and had to reinstall ...

Any ideas?

- azido - 2009-08-01

Gryph Wrote:Any ideas?

runs fine here on 21923 (windows)

maybe something with the build or your compiler?

hd-failures suck badly.. Sad

- logictester - 2009-08-01

azido Wrote:just to let you know:

if you send bug reports or feature requests to [EMAIL="//showmix@tickets.assembla.com"]showmix@tickets.assembla.com[/EMAIL] by email, you can also add screenshots, logs etc.

to do this, simply add those as attachments to your email - they will be automatically added to your created ticket as well.

please remember to add [REQUEST] or [BUG] in front of your subject so andy can keep an eye on it's "importance".

thanks.

ps: remember you need to sign up at www.assembla.com in order to be able to send ticket emails. it's free and done in about 30 seconds, though.

andy - i think you should post those details on the first page

- Gryph - 2009-08-01

Gryph Wrote:I seem to be getting this error when loading the Home screen
Scripts
Error
Python script failed
special://skin/extras/extras.py

from the XBMC.log

12:18:58 T:2913991568 M:1952567296 NOTICE: File "/usr/share/xbmc/skin/Aeon Mod/extras/extras.py", line 3, in ?
12:18:58 T:2913991568 M:1952567296 NOTICE: from urllib import quote_plus, unquote_plus
12:18:58 T:2913991568 M:1952567296 NOTICE: ImportError
12:18:58 T:2913991568 M:1952567296 NOTICE: :
12:18:58 T:2913991568 M:1952567296 NOTICE: No module named urllib
12:18:58 T:2913991568 M:1952567296 ERROR: Scriptresult: Error

--- Now, PRIOR to this, I installed xbmc using the PPA method (of course the backgrounds aren't there), but I don't get that error.

I seem to get this error, when I compile from the latest SVN(being 21925)

I've tried 2 separate reinstalls of jaunty, previously had jaunty installed, using a previous version of your mod(without all these extras), but the main HDD failed and had to reinstall ...

Any ideas?

Would you believe it was fixed with compiling again and this time using the prefix "--enable-external-python" when doing ./configure

- andyblac - 2009-08-01

what do you guys think of this ?.

demo

- azido - 2009-08-01

andyblac Wrote:what do you guys think of this ?.

demo

honestly?

the only new i saw on this video is the music visualisation on top of the background picture, which imo doesn't look nice (at least with the standard background picture). also it might put an xbox ore a htpc with lower specs down to it's knees in combination with that recently added and now playing display.

on the other hand it could become nice if turning off music visualisation would enable the cdart implementation directly on home screen, meaning getting that "spinning cd" thing directly on home screen instead of switching to full screen visualisation first. dunno how much that would affect xbox/lowspec pc users regarding to the memory usage though.

- azido - 2009-08-01

Gryph Wrote:Would you believe it was fixed with compiling again and this time using the prefix "--enable-external-python" when doing ./configure

i would say i was right with one of my guessings. but i'm wondering that an external python environment does work for you since the devs told me yesterday that xbmc explicitly needs it's very own version of python because they've hacked it to make xbmc do what it does.

- soder - 2009-08-01

andyblac Wrote:what do you guys think of this ?.

demo

Pretty cool, but is it really good for anything? =)

/Söder

- soder - 2009-08-01

2 Bugs. They have been there a long time, just never reported them.

What is this "UPPERCASE" in the Title? Or is this in XBMC?

This is my custom .nfo I just for just this movie.

"<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<movie>
<title>Army of Shadows (L'armée des ombres)</title>
</movie>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064040"

This is my recent added menu in Music. Why is the Artist to the right and not centered or to the left?

/Söder

- azido - 2009-08-01

soder Wrote:2 Bugs. They have been there a long time, just never reported them.

What is this "UPPERCASE" in the Title? Or is this in XBMC?

This is my custom .nfo I just for just this movie.

"<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<movie>
<title>Army of Shadows (L'armée des ombres)</title>
</movie>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064040"

This is my recent added menu in Music. Why is the Artist to the right and not centered or to the left?

/Söder

seems to be valid bug reports, mind creating an account at www.assembla.com and afterwards sending both of them by email to [EMAIL="showmix@ticket.assembla.com"]showmix@tickets.assembla.com[/EMAIL] with [BUG] in topic ? that way you ensure andy isn't overreading it and you get an email response too when your bug was inspected/fixed by andy.

- soder - 2009-08-01

azido Wrote:seems to be valid bug reports, mind creating an account at www.assembla.com and afterwards sending both of them by email to [EMAIL="showmix@ticket.assembla.com"]showmix@tickets.assembla.com[/EMAIL] with [BUG] in topic ? that way you ensure andy isn't overreading it and you get an email response too when your bug was inspected/fixed by andy.

OK, I've now created the account. Shall I sent trough the site, or just email like normal with the pictures as attachments?

/Söder

- azido - 2009-08-01

soder Wrote:OK, I've now created the account. Shall I sent trough the site, or just email like normal with the pictures as attachments?

/Söder

i see you already made your conclusion Nod

- JeroenG - 2009-08-01

azido Wrote:ok,

as it seems github reaches it's limits right now, i think it's a good idea to provide an alternate downloadlink for this excellent mod.

so here is Aeon Showmix as of 30.07.2009 - complete with fonts.

be aware of the fact that you might not be able to update this version with future additions via github (i don't know if that works if you didn't initally start a clone), and also don't expect me to update this download link at all (i might do it if i like to, though), but for some it might be the only way to get his/her hands on a copy at this time, so.. enjoy as it is or try to download from github.

andy: you can - if you like - put this into your first post. i'll keep an eye on the bandwith usage, but i don't think it will exceed the limits of my hoster that fast Tongue

Thanx for the upload. I've had a lot of issues getting Multiplex to werk. Except, when i copy the extracted data from your Rar archive to my skin's folder. It doesn't work. My menu is lost etc. Wich version of XBMC do i need to run this skin? Is the XBMC R21923 suitable for this? Or am i just installing it in a wrong way? If you could help me a bit, would be very much apreciated! Thanx a lot!

- frater - 2009-08-01

keksdösle.de is not a valid domain (according to RFC). A domain can only consist of ascii-characters and dashes. It's strange one is able to register it at .de
A lot of programs (though not all) choke on this character...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_name#Allowed_character_set

- azido - 2009-08-01

JeroenG Wrote:Thanx for the upload. I've had a lot of issues getting Multiplex to werk. Except, when i copy the extracted data from your Rar archive to my skin's folder. It doesn't work. My menu is lost etc. Wich version of XBMC do i need to run this skin? Is the XBMC R21923 suitable for this? Or am i just installing it in a wrong way? If you could help me a bit, would be very much apreciated! Thanx a lot!

haha, damned, you're right, though i mentioned the fonts are inside, i missed to pack them into it. so go get the fonts here and put them inside the Aeon Showmix folder and you should be fine.
sorry for the inconvenience.