Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- azido - 2009-08-01

frater Wrote:keksdösle.de is not a valid domain (according to RFC). A domain can only consist of ascii-characters and dashes. It's strange one is able to register it at .de
A lot of programs (though not all) choke on this character...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_name#Allowed_character_set

that is no problem as this is just dns-masking. the underlying hostname is xn--keksdsle-r4a.de

see also http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3490

- JeroenG - 2009-08-01

azido Wrote:haha, damned, you're right, though i mentioned the fonts are inside, i missed to pack them into it. so go get the fonts here and put them inside the Aeon Showmix folder and you should be fine.
sorry for the inconvenience.

Hmpf, also doesn't work? Black bar with black background is everything i get... Am i using a wrong version of xbmc or something? I'm using 9.04.1 SVN-20677M on a Mac

- azido - 2009-08-01

JeroenG Wrote:Hmpf, also doesn't work? Black bar with black background is everything i get... Am i using a wrong version of xbmc or something? I'm using 9.04.1 SVN-20677M on a Mac

ahm.. " Is the XBMC R21923 suitable for this?"

that's what you told me before. now you say you use an outdated version on mac. that one does not work with the current features i guess.

go get a recent build for your mac. it works nice then (just tested on windows).

- JeroenG - 2009-08-01

azido Wrote:ahm.. " Is the XBMC R21923 suitable for this?"

that's what you told me before. now you say you use an outdated version on mac. that one does not work with the current features i guess.

go get a recent build for your mac. it works nice then (just tested on windows).

Sorry, thought i already had that version.. My bad. Again. Sorry!

- azido - 2009-08-01

JeroenG Wrote:Sorry, thought i already had that version.. My bad. Again. Sorry!

no problem, enjoy the mod.

- JeroenG - 2009-08-01

azido Wrote:no problem, enjoy the mod.

Hell, i think my luck is up. After doing what you said. XBMC crashes on the startup tune from the aeon skin... Hell this sucks.. Anybody any ideas how to fix this?Sad

Aeon skin itself runs fine, maybe manualy installing the Multiplex mod? Could anybody tell me how to do that? Overwriting files ain't the way...

- Gryph - 2009-08-01

azido Wrote:i would say i was right with one of my guessings. but i'm wondering that an external python environment does work for you since the devs told me yesterday that xbmc explicitly needs it's very own version of python because they've hacked it to make xbmc do what it does.

Yes, and right you are indeed ... So, therein lies the problem, a skin with weird python errors, on multiple reinstalls (lets count 6) ... or not being able to play movies ... Hmmm big decision there!

But, strangley enough ... I have gotten one step closer(and I have NO idea why it's been so pedantic), I now have a functioning machine, and the skin SEMI works, well, it works, but sub-menus (setting content etc) doesn't appear ... I'm ripping down the skin again to test, before I kick the machine in it's bollocks and start drawing pictures in the sandbox instead!

- logictester - 2009-08-01

Gryph Wrote:Yes, and right you are indeed ... So, therein lies the problem, a skin with weird python errors, on multiple reinstalls (lets count 6) ... or not being able to play movies ... Hmmm big decision there!

But, strangley enough ... I have gotten one step closer(and I have NO idea why it's been so pedantic), I now have a functioning machine, and the skin SEMI works, well, it works, but sub-menus (setting content etc) doesn't appear ... I'm ripping down the skin again to test, before I kick the machine in it's bollocks and start drawing pictures in the sandbox instead!

did you restart XBMC after selecting the skin? also try using a new skin name folder and put the moded skin files in it or user git clone url "Aeon Showmix" when you clone from git, and then reset all settings from the settings menu - reconfigure everything and it should just work

- Gryph - 2009-08-01

logictester Wrote:did you restart XBMC after selecting the skin? also try using a new skin name folder and put the moded skin files in it or user git clone url "Aeon Showmix" when you clone from git, and then reset all settings from the settings menu - reconfigure everything and it should just work

Yeah, I did restart XBMC after the skin as well, I also have been cloning it from the git ... I'm doing it again to another folder, as maybe a koala had been crapping on my DSL line at the time ... Damn koalas, can't leave me alone!

- logictester - 2009-08-01

Gryph Wrote:Yeah, I did restart XBMC after the skin as well, I also have been cloning it from the git ... I'm doing it again to another folder, as maybe a koala had been crapping on my DSL line at the time ... Damn koalas, can't leave me alone!

Laugh

- Gryph - 2009-08-01

logictester Wrote:Laugh

I swear bloody koalas ... Can't leave me well alone! Clone the new one, restart, go to set it ... States 'Incompatible Skin ... Require version 2.10 blah blah'

So, before I get my size 10 and boot the machine another way, I try that previous skin ... Well, it now works!

To think, I thought friday evening I could replace the primary drive, reinstall it and have it all working again nicely, to have a nice quiet weekend relaxing ... To, now it being 1am saturday and it only has come back together.

----
Can you believe I counted my chickens before they hatched? Well, going into set the movies/tv show views up, I can't bring up the vertical menu in either ... But, in the TV shows, the bottom row of the shows, has no icons, yet you can scroll across the and the info panel will change accordingly ...

As for the version I just cloned, well, I'll be, it said it cloned it, into a folder I put there, but would you believe the folder is there ... but the rest of the files aren't ... I think I need a drink!

- >>X<< - 2009-08-01

Gryph Wrote:I swear bloody koalas ... Can't leave me well alone! Clone the new one, restart, go to set it ... States 'Incompatible Skin ... Require version 2.10 blah blah'

You either have the skin folder inside another folder or your missing the skin.xml

- azido - 2009-08-01

JeroenG Wrote:Hell, i think my luck is up. After doing what you said. XBMC crashes on the startup tune from the aeon skin... Hell this sucks.. Anybody any ideas how to fix this?Sad

Aeon skin itself runs fine, maybe manualy installing the Multiplex mod? Could anybody tell me how to do that? Overwriting files ain't the way...

and herein lies the problem (i think)

you don't have to have the original aeon and overwrite it's contents - aeon showmix is a COMPLETE skin of it's own..

- Gryph - 2009-08-01

>>X<<' Wrote:You either have the skin folder inside another folder or your missing the skin.xml

Alas, that wasn't the problem, the problem was I set that process to the background in the shell and well, after tinkering with other settings I looked back and it "appeared" stopped, well, the shell was back to the prompt, so I though hey it's done! So, I restarted ... Yes, it hadn't finished downloading!

So, cloned the skin again, and set it up, restarted ... Hmmm, strange ... No views in movies/tvs ... Thought I'd restart again, and bang there they are, so set them up, and went to customise the options ... Well, bugger me, the options weren't changing! Let's try for another restart! Ahh, there they are!

Well, again ... a happy little camper, so for now it's time to pitch my tent, and sleep off the pain it has caused ... When I awake, onto part 2 of my painful process ... Installing mythbackend ...

..... Okay, another question, or am I having a brainfart? But, do I need to restart my machine, every time before I want to make a change to the settings? ie. I restarted to get the toggle settings in customise working on/off, then I missed a setting in TV shows, so I go in there, and I can't access the vertical menu ... Restart, now it works ... Or, should I just call this a "feature" for now?

- azido - 2009-08-01

Gryph Wrote:Okay, another question, or am I having a brainfart? But, do I need to restart my machine, every time before I want to make a change to the settings? ie. I restarted to get the toggle settings in customise working on/off, then I missed a setting in TV shows, so I go in there, and I can't access the vertical menu ... Restart, now it works ... Or, should I just call this a "feature" for now?

i have the same trouble from time to time, just not as often as you seem to experience it.. especially when changing views and afterwards trying to change a background for a part of the options or tweaking skin relevant stuff.

i don't know if that's fixable or part of the way aeon works (you also cannot use keys for direct access to the library screens without loosing textures/thumbs, so chances are that it is it's design), but once you're ready tweaking the hell out of the skin to get it being displayed like you (and your koalas) like it and really start using it, it should be quite stable.

there are some python related problems regarding twc plus plugin and the recently added feature script which need a fix, so you can experience the one or other freeze, but beside that it should just do what it does.