Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- azido - 2009-08-01

soder Wrote:I will also try that fix for the scroll of long titles. But you said it should be that way by default also? Isn't that after all?

/Söder

the autoscrolling is implemented in multiplex view, but not in showcase view yet.

- soder - 2009-08-01

azido Wrote:the autoscrolling is implemented in multiplex view, but not in showcase view yet.

Ok. Thanks.

/Söder

- soder - 2009-08-01

azido Wrote:should work out of the box then. i remember you're using linux, right? if so, is your system set up to handle non-ascii characters at all? chances are it's not as linux is very strict on that.

for the scroll:

unless andy fixes that, you can do it for yourself:

1.open Viewtype_Showcase.xml
2. go to line 217 (it reads <font>Font_ShowcaseMainLabel</font>)
3. insert afterwards: <scroll>true</scroll>
4. save.
5. restart xbmc. long titles should scroll now.

BTW, how do I check if my system can handle non-ascii characters? I can open the .nfo in Ubuntu and read all the characters?

/Söder

- azido - 2009-08-01

soder Wrote:BTW, how do I check if my system can handle non-ascii characters? I can open the .nfo in Ubuntu and read all the characters?

/Söder

you could i.e. try to save a file with such a character in it's filename.

on the other hand, even if that's possible, reading/parsing on shell level might still be restricted to ascii only, which would be the cause of your issue i guess.

long time that i've used any linux/unix os, though.

- Weavus - 2009-08-02

[BUG] When in multiplex fullscreen and info is set to off pressing down brings up the info screen instead of the scrollbar.

[REQUEST] Please make showmix dynamic coverflow work for flat mode

[QUESTION] Is it possible to remove items from the submenu? Where in the code are they defined?

[QUESTION] What does the setting 'Use single thumbnail for movie/music list' do?

[QUESTION] Is it possible to switch back to the old style recently added lists on the homepage (i.e. multiple posters across the screen)?

Thanks!

- azido - 2009-08-02

Weavus Wrote:[BUG] When in multiplex fullscreen and info is set to off pressing down brings up the info screen instead of the scrollbar.

i think the scrollbar has been removed as the trailer modification has stepped in (where down arrow starts/stops the trailer). you could get the same behavior of "scrolling" by using/adding the pgup/pgdown commands on your keyboard/remote (of course without the visibility the scrollbar had)

Quote:[REQUEST] Please make showmix dynamic coverflow work for flat mode

+1 for that. would be nice. i'm setting up a ticket for this.

Quote:[QUESTION] Is it possible to remove items from the submenu? Where in the code are they defined?

if you want to "hack" it for your own: Includes_MainMenu.xml. the corresponding text for the label numbers can be found in your language's strings.xml (so you know which ones you remove)

Quote:[QUESTION] What does the setting 'Use single thumbnail for movie/music list' do?

good question. i tend to say "nothing" at this time in this skin. at least nothing that i am aware of.

- Tuckerdude - 2009-08-02

Hey Azido....first and foremost, I want to say a quick thanks for being such a huge resource to this thread and to Andy's killer mod! I have a couple of questions for you:

1. Ever since I heard about being able to add new menu items I was very excited because I've been looking for an easy way to add a special link to my collection of Home Movies (I've got a bunch of them). What I didn't realize was that it still meant that these home movies would also show up in my main movies library (right next to regular hollywood hits in my collection). What I really wanted was to have my home movies only show up from the new main menu link and not be part of my other movie collection. Am I doing something wrong, or is there just no way to make that workHuh

2. Assuming I can get the first issue solved, I was also curious as to why the info view that comes up from my custom link does not display all the same info as it does from the regular movies view? For example, I have a home movie from one of my dogs at a dog show. I created an nfo for it that had a description, date, and other info. But when I go to it via my custom home menu link, all of that info is missing. But if I go to it from the regular movies link, the info is present and everything looks correct.

Any ideas of help on this would be hugely appreciated. If you need some screens to help illustrate the issue, please let me know.

Thanks again!

- azido - 2009-08-02

Tuckerdude Wrote:1. Ever since I heard about being able to add new menu items I was very excited because I've been looking for an easy way to add a special link to my collection of Home Movies (I've got a bunch of them). What I didn't realize was that it still meant that these home movies would also show up in my main movies library (right next to regular hollywood hits in my collection). What I really wanted was to have my home movies only show up from the new main menu link and not be part of my other movie collection. Am I doing something wrong, or is there just no way to make that workHuh

the only way to seperate them from the rest of your collection imho was and will be to create another profile in xbmc with it's own settings and (more important) sources. then you can easily switch between your hollywood collection and your home movie stuff by just logging in to the appropriate profile.
i tend to say in this phase the addition of own stuff to the submenus is more of a gimmick than of a real improvement. that might change in future, though.

Quote:2. Assuming I can get the first issue solved, I was also curious as to why the info view that comes up from my custom link does not display all the same info as it does from the regular movies view? For example, I have a home movie from one of my dogs at a dog show. I created an nfo for it that had a description, date, and other info. But when I go to it via my custom home menu link, all of that info is missing. But if I go to it from the regular movies link, the info is present and everything looks correct.

that's because any custom links to movies or music (created from favorites) from there are only "file mode" based. for the typical movie display you like to get you need the library based view. of course you can use the multiplex view in file mode, too, but it won't be of any use.

Thanks for the quick reply Azido! I was afraid of that. Your user profile solution in an interesting idea however. I may try that as an interim workaround.

Thanks....

Tuckerdude

Edit: I also noticed that there is no flag/tag for home movies in any of the nfo programs...probably another blocker I would imagine!

- azido - 2009-08-02

Tuckerdude Wrote:Thanks for the quick reply Azido! I was afraid of that. Your user profile solution in an interesting idea however. I may try that as an interim workaround.

Thanks....

Tuckerdude

Edit: I also noticed that there is no flag/tag for home movies in any of the nfo programs...probably another blocker I would imagine!

the profiles are my solution to keep away my dirty 18+ stuff from the rest of the family Tongue

and: as you will become more and more familiar with the program and the skin, you will notice it's quite easy to create and use your very own flag for home movies (i.e. as a studio flag). all you need to have is a funky png graphic dropped into your flags/studios/ dir and a studio tag inside your nfo named the same. ln example

dogs in the shell.png -> <studio>dogs in the shell</studio>

you can even add that to EMM as a known studio flag.

Oh Snap....you are a treasure trove of useful knowledge!

Going to try the studio Flag tomorrow! Thanks again Azido!

Edit: Couldn't wait to try it....got the Home Movies Icon and Studio Flag working. Thanks again!

- logictester - 2009-08-02

Weavus Wrote:[BUG] When in multiplex fullscreen and info is set to off pressing down brings up the info screen instead of the scrollbar.

[REQUEST] Please make showmix dynamic coverflow work for flat mode

[QUESTION] Is it possible to remove items from the submenu? Where in the code are they defined?

[QUESTION] What does the setting 'Use single thumbnail for movie/music list' do?

[QUESTION] Is it possible to switch back to the old style recently added lists on the homepage (i.e. multiple posters across the screen)?

Thanks!

i think you should join assembla - and put the requests and bug reports there - so they could be tracked...

- logictester - 2009-08-02

azido Wrote:that's because any custom links to movies or music (created from favorites) from there are only "file mode" based. for the typical movie display you like to get you need the library based view. of course you can use the multiplex view in file mode, too, but it won't be of any use.

you could implement genre filter for that - ie, create your own genre - name it "home movies" for example, by editing the <genre> tag of the nfo, then put this genre in your favorites and create a custom menu item for that genre fav link - and that's it, you can browse your genre in library mode and have showplex and info and everything

- steve1977 - 2009-08-02

steve1977 Wrote:Searched the thread, but didnt find help, so will need to drop a message for help.

I finally managed to set up github. Still not a huge fan of it, but your MOD is worth dealing with it. Anyhow, since I pulled the latest version from github, my TV show posters dont show anymore. When I hit "I", the poster is there (as it was before), but it doesnt show anymore in "list view". Posters show in the other views, but for some reasons not in "list view", which is my prefered one.

Anyone has any thoughts?

Just pulled the latest from Github and still posters for the episodes dont show up. Fanart works and also posters work when I press "I" to pull up the detailed info for the show.

Any thoughts?

- soder - 2009-08-02

azido Wrote:+1 for that. would be nice. i'm setting up a ticket for this.

What does this "dynamic flow" do at all? I see no change having it on or off?

/Söder