Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- iEvo - 2009-08-02

hi guys,

im still messing with my flagging problem. cant get it to work.

I setup my movie database again, everything worked fine (flaggs..) then I found some movies that have the wrong IMDB-title, so i rescanned them manually. Now the IMDB-title is the right one, but my meta flagging is gone, no ex. 720p, DTS and source flaggs are displayed . This problem occurs only at movies which have been rescanned because of wrong IMDB title. The other movies work fine, all meta flaggs are displayed.

I dont understand that. The flaggs were already there, I just wanted to rescan to get correct plot, rating... how can I fix that?

thanks SOOO much!!!

- nmt1978 - 2009-08-02

I don't know if i get a bug or not. Please help me to solve:

Using latest XBMC build 21930 and latest version of Andy's Aeon downloaded from 1st page.

1. There is no fanart in background, instead i see only red curtain.
2. The vertical menu on the left is auto hided and the only way to make it appear on the screen is using mouse, press remote up or down only bring info screen. And this vertical menu is totally blank, no thing in it.

Can any body help me

- azido - 2009-08-02

logictester Wrote:you could implement genre filter for that - ie, create your own genre - name it "home movies" for example, by editing the <genre> tag of the nfo, then put this genre in your favorites and create a custom menu item for that genre fav link - and that's it, you can browse your genre in library mode and have showplex and info and everything

true that. but let's expand that further: of course that would work like a charm for any custom movie addition, but it still won't prevent that movie from being shown alongside the complete library when browsing all movies, would it?
also i'm not sure if that works for movies with more than one genre assigned. so in an example that would be useful for me: adding "hd-movies" as a genre, likely i would have <genre>adventure / thriller / drama / hd-movies</genre> - would that still work?

soder Wrote:What does this "dynamic flow" do at all? I see no change having it on or off?

/Söder

it reduces the flow display to show only as much entries as there is media. like i.e. when you have only 5 episodes of a show, it only shows 5 entries instead of repeating them to fill the screen like the normal behavior would.

more of a use in music lib for me, like i.e. typically i don't have that much albums for a single artist to fill the whole flow with unique entries so they get repeated again and again.

steve1977 Wrote:Just pulled the latest from Github and still posters for the episodes dont show up. Fanart works and also posters work when I press "I" to pull up the detailed info for the show.

Any thoughts?

why would you want to have posters in the episode view? typically you want to see episode thumbs in that view, would'nt you?

iEvo Wrote:hi guys,

im still messing with my flagging problem. cant get it to work.

I setup my movie database again, everything worked fine (flaggs..) then I found some movies that have the wrong IMDB-title, so i rescanned them manually. Now the IMDB-title is the right one, but my meta flagging is gone, no ex. 720p, DTS and source flaggs are displayed . This problem occurs only at movies which have been rescanned because of wrong IMDB title. The other movies work fine, all meta flaggs are displayed.

I dont understand that. The flaggs were already there, I just wanted to rescan to get correct plot, rating... how can I fix that?

thanks SOOO much!!!

how do you typically add movies to the library? do you use any external program for scraping movie nfo and stuff?
what kind of movie files are those in question? (avi, mkv?)
the only idea why this could happen for me is you did not turn on "extract media metadata information" on video -> general or the file in question is a dummy with nothing useful to extract from - if not, you should get at least audio and video size flags.
note that you can manually add the following to an nfo to get the flags displayed:

Code:
<fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <video>
        <width>720</width>
        <height>576</height>
        <aspect>2.35</aspect>
        <codec>mpeg2video</codec>
      </video>
    <audio>
    <codec>AC3</codec>
    <channels>6</channels>
    </audio>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
(of course that's only an example, you need to fill your own file specs here)

when you added this right before </movie> at the bottom of your nfo, the flags should appear. else there must be something missing on your installation.

nmt1978 Wrote:I don't know if i get a bug or not. Please help me to solve:

Using latest XBMC build 21930 and latest version of Andy's Aeon downloaded from 1st page.

1. There is no fanart in background, instead i see only red curtain.
2. The vertical menu on the left is auto hided and the only way to make it appear on the screen is using mouse, press remote up or down only bring info screen. And this vertical menu is totally blank, no thing in it.

Can any body help me

1. you have to tick FANART AND BACKDROPS on the vertical menu to show fanart.
2. did you try to restart xbmc with this mod enabled and see if that brings up vertical menu again? also chances are you had an earlier copy of this skin named the same and it's settings in guisettings.xml conflict with your new copy. go to customize -> purge and kill all mod-related settings. after that, restart xbmc and set up your skin again. maybe that helps.

- azido - 2009-08-02

- azido - 2009-08-02

- steve1977 - 2009-08-02

azido Wrote:why would you want to have posters in the episode view? typically you want to see episode thumbs in that view, would'nt you?

Dont want to see the posters in the episodes view. I am refering to the first menu that displays when I press "TV Shows" from main. The one that lists all my TV shows. Of course, I would love to have the posters here (and they always used to be there),but now they dont show up anymore...

Any thoughts?

- steve1977 - 2009-08-02

I have a feature request.

I would love to see an option to have AMT show up in the menu menu (and NOT as sub-menu of Extras). I believe that i could edit this directly, but then run into risks with the github updates?!

Thanks a lot for all the great and hard work!!!

- iEvo - 2009-08-02

@azido

I dont use any scraping tools (havent found a good one for mac osx).
I let XBMC search for the videos on HDD and external HDDs.
Like I said, it worked perfect except the rescanned movies, then the flags are gone.

yes I have checked the meta information option in video settings.
99.9% i watch mkv files, the other files are avi`s.

- azido - 2009-08-02

steve1977 Wrote:Dont want to see the posters in the episodes view. I am refering to the first menu that displays when I press "TV Shows" from main. The one that lists all my TV shows. Of course, I would love to have the posters here (and they always used to be there),but now they dont show up anymore...

Any thoughts?

ok, so you want to have a season poster there like this:

for me that one gets displayed when i enable THUMBTongueOSTER on vertical menu (like you surely also have) and have a folder.jpg in the corresponding tv show folder, like i.e.

TVSHOWS\
----------EUREKA - SEASON 2\
------------------------------s02e01.avi
------------------------------s02e01.nfo
------------------------------fanart.jpg
------------------------------folder.jpg

- steve1977 - 2009-08-02

azido Wrote:ok, so you want to have a season poster there like this:

for me that one gets displayed when i enable THUMBTongueOSTER on vertical menu (like you surely also have) and have a folder.jpg in the corresponding tv show folder, like i.e.

TVSHOWS\
----------EUREKA - SEASON 2\
------------------------------s02e01.avi
------------------------------s02e01.nfo
------------------------------fanart.jpg
------------------------------folder.jpg

You are right that I have enabled "THUMBTongueOSTER". I dont have the folder.jpg in my folder, but the poster got scraped directly off thetvdb through XBMC. I am sure that the poster is there as I can see it when hitting "I", which brings additional info and also the poster. For whatever reason, the poster doesnt show up.

It does show up when I change the skin to an old "AEON built".

I believe that Github is my issue, which somehow is not properly set up yet...

Are you using github? This MOD is soooo aweful, but Github is really a HUGE barrier to using it. And yes, I like the MOD enough to deal with it...

- azido - 2009-08-02

steve1977 Wrote:You are right that I have enabled "THUMBTongueOSTER". I dont have the folder.jpg in my folder, but the poster got scraped directly off thetvdb through XBMC. I am sure that the poster is there as I can see it when hitting "I", which brings additional info and also the poster. For whatever reason, the poster doesnt show up.

i believe it does no longer read from the thumbcache anymore in that view in our mod, and instead uses that folder.jpg. not sure though, but luckily enough i have a new season that needs to be scanned so i try to do like you do, only scraping from within xbmc and see if the poster shows up then. give me some minutes.

edit: hmm.. i have to say i have no clue what's the problem on your side. it displays fine here from scratch after scraping from tvdb:

maybe the same conflicting stuff regarding to different installations of this mod with same directory name? dunno.
if i were you, i'd clone another copy from git and save it under a different name like "Showmix" instead of "Aeon Showmix" and set that one up again. else i don't know. and yes, of course i use git, also. i don't think git is the problem, as either it works or it doesn't, but not halfway (missing some data that is). to verify you have a good copy, you should use git bash and not the gui, it isn't very transparent on what it does. then, after a successful clone of a new copy, do a git pull. if it says "already up-to-date" you should have a good copy.

- steve1977 - 2009-08-02

azido Wrote:i believe it does no longer read from the thumbcache anymore in that view in our mod, and instead uses that folder.jpg. not sure though, but luckily enough i have a new season that needs to be scanned so i try to do like you do, only scraping from within xbmc and see if the poster shows up then. give me some minutes.

Great, thanks a lot!!! Keep me posted whether the poster of this new TV show shows up!!! Not sure whether a new season would be enough though as the thing that is not showing up is the TV Show thumb...

Separate question: Do you happen to be using guthub on a Mac and does it properly work for you?

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2009-08-02

steve1977 Wrote:You are right that I have enabled "THUMBTongueOSTER". I dont have the folder.jpg in my folder, but the poster got scraped directly off thetvdb through XBMC. I am sure that the poster is there as I can see it when hitting "I", which brings additional info and also the poster. For whatever reason, the poster doesnt show up.

I believe that Github is my issue, which somehow is not properly set up yet...

Are you using github? This MOD is soooo aweful, but Github is really a HUGE barrier to using it. And yes, I like the MOD enough to deal with it...

In window github is easy just install github and do the following

Right click XBMC skins folder and select "Git Bash"

then paste the following in the command window

Code:
git clone git://github.com/andyblac/aeon.git AeonAndy

That will create a folder "AeonAndy" in the skins directory and download everything into that folder

Then in the future you just right click "AeonAndy" folder and select git bash and type "git pull"

If its already up to date it will tell you so if not it will update

"AeonAndy" folder can be any name you like that's just an example

Edit : see your using a MAC so ignore this then Rolleyes

- azido - 2009-08-02

steve1977 Wrote:Separate question: Do you happen to be using guthub on a Mac and does it properly work for you?

as you can see on my signature i am a windows noob, sorry Smile but if you are able to use git from a shell on mac, i'd give that a try.

and for the season thing: yeah, i did not use the right words, of course the addition of TSCC meant to be adding a not-yet-existing-show-on-my-library thing, not only another season.

- steve1977 - 2009-08-02

>>X<<' Wrote:In window github is easy just install github and do the following

Right click XBMC skins folder and select "Git Bash"

then paste the following in the command window

Code:
git clone git://github.com/andyblac/aeon.git AeonAndy

That will create a folder "AeonAndy" in the skins directory and download everything into that folder

Then in the future you just right click "AeonAndy" folder and select git bash and type "git pull"

If its already up to date it will tell you so if not it will update

"AeonAndy" folder can be any name you like that's just an example

Edit : see your using a MAC so ignore this then Rolleyes

Not as easy for the Mac or at least I dont get it to work...

I manage to download using the Github GUI. However, this processs takes ages although I am sitting at a decent line. If I let it run overnight, I am getting the it done though... So, this is "ok", but not great.

Then, the issue comes in place. The GUI doesnt have a "pull" function and I am trying to get it done by typing in code (as somewhere described in another thread). However, this doesnt work smoothly. I am sure that there is some way to do differently and get it work, but I am not really a "command line" person. But I guess that this is what it takes to use this MOD...

If anyone with a Mac found a better/smarter way and/or can help me out with the right things to enter in the command line, much appreciated!!!