Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- steve1977 - 2009-08-02

azido Wrote:as you can see on my signature i am a windows noob, sorry Smile but if you are able to use git from a shell on mac, i'd give that a try.

and for the season thing: yeah, i did not use the right words, of course the addition of TSCC meant to be adding a not-yet-existing-show-on-my-library thing, not only another season.

Thanks again. Keep me posted how it goes. When I posted this issue for the first time, there was someone else in this forum replying that he has the same issue. So, it appears that I am not alone...

I am also updating XBMC just now to the latest overnight built to avoid that Aeon is not compatible anymore with the built I was using (6 weeks old or so).

Thanks again for all your help!!!

- soder - 2009-08-02

azido Wrote:it reduces the flow display to show only as much entries as there is media. like i.e. when you have only 5 episodes of a show, it only shows 5 entries instead of repeating them to fill the screen like the normal behavior would.

more of a use in music lib for me, like i.e. typically i don't have that much albums for a single artist to fill the whole flow with unique entries so they get repeated again and again.

Thanks. Yes, this is also something I would like to have in :flat and not just :flow.

/Söder

- >>X<< - 2009-08-02

steve1977 Wrote:Not as easy for the Mac or at least I dont get it to work...

I manage to download using the Github GUI. However, this processs takes ages although I am sitting at a decent line. If I let it run overnight, I am getting the it done though... So, this is "ok", but not great.

Then, the issue comes in place. The GUI doesnt have a "pull" function and I am trying to get it done by typing in code (as somewhere described in another thread). However, this doesnt work smoothly. I am sure that there is some way to do differently and get it work, but I am not really a "command line" person. But I guess that this is what it takes to use this MOD...

If anyone with a Mac found a better/smarter way and/or can help me out with the right things to enter in the command line, much appreciated!!!

Yes it does have a git pull in the gui or at least its equivalent but you don't need to use, it all you have to do is exactly whats shown in the link below

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=49958

Then when the clone is done to updated using GUI you select at start up

Open existing repository then do

Checkout Branch > Tracking Branch > Origin Master

That's the same as git pull because if you look in the bottom of the branch window it has the box checked "Fetch tracking branch"

Just one thing to note don't try git bash git pull on any directories you have used the gui on as it wont work without extra commands

- steve1977 - 2009-08-02

>>X<<' Wrote:Yes it does have a git pull in the gui or at least its equivalent but you don't need to use, it all you have to do is exactly whats shown in the link below

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=49958

Then when the clone is done to updated using GUI you select at start up

Open existing repository then do

Checkout Branch > Tracking Branch > Origin Master

That's the same as git pull because if you look in the bottom of the branch window it has the box checked "Fetch tracking branch"

Just one thing to note don't try git bash git pull on any directories you have used the gui on as it wont work without extra commands

Let me try when the download is done (in around 24 hours...). I tried above before and then ended up going a way descrived further in the thread you posted (something along with "Tools->command line"), but let me give it another try once the initial download is done...

Thanks for your help!!!

- azido - 2009-08-02

soder Wrote:Thanks. Yes, this is also something I would like to have in :flat and not just :flow.

/Söder

already created a ticket for this on assembla, see here. now it's up to andy to decide if he likes to add it or not.

steve1977 Wrote:Thanks again. Keep me posted how it goes. When I posted this issue for the first time, there was someone else in this forum replying that he has the same issue. So, it appears that I am not alone...

I am also updating XBMC just now to the latest overnight built to avoid that Aeon is not compatible anymore with the built I was using (6 weeks old or so).

Thanks again for all your help!!!

as i edited my related post afterwards, the TSCC poster did show flawlessly without doing more than just scraping it from tvdb..
ouch.. 6 weeks.. that's really outdated Wink maybe your issue might just be gone when using an actual xbmc version underlying the skin.

steve1977 Wrote:Let me try when the download is done (in around 24 hours...). I tried above before and then ended up going a way descrived further in the thread you posted (something along with "Tools->command line"), but let me give it another try once the initial download is done...

Thanks for your help!!!

i would really like to engage you to use the command line for git if possible on mac, as it is more transparent in what it does. might be a bit tricky on first, but worth trying because you can see what it does (and doesn't). also, 24 hours is simply inacceptable. of course it might take a while sometimes , but not that long.

- soder - 2009-08-02

azido Wrote:already created a ticket for this on assembla, see here. now it's up to andy to decide if he likes to add it or not.

Great. Can't see why it shouldnt be added. =)

I've alse searched this thread for bug reports and added them to assembla.

/Söder

- andyblac - 2009-08-02

ok guys

sorry i have not been around most of yesterday and to day, but i been very busy doing a major rewrite of how windows & fullscreen work.

i have managed to also ruduces the footprint size by 27MB. All multiplex windows are now made up within XBMC this will make things alot easir to manage.

this fixes the TV poster bug fixed #10,

please, bare with i now need to catch up on this tread, oh my i'm gone 2 days and how many posts to read Big Grin

- azido - 2009-08-02

andyblac Wrote:ok guys

sorry i have not been around most of yesterday and to day, but i been very busy doing a major rewrite of how windows & fullscreen work.

i have managed to also ruduces the footprint size by 27MB. All multiplex windows are now made up within XBMC this will make things alot easir to manage.

please, bare with i now need to catch up on this tread, oh my i'm gone 2 days and how many posts to read Big Grin

haha..
i already tried to get most of the problems solved while you're not here. check the chat screen for an important question regarding assembla.

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2009-08-02

steve1977 Wrote:Let me try when the download is done (in around 24 hours...). I tried above before and then ended up going a way descrived further in the thread you posted (something along with "Tools->command line"), but let me give it another try once the initial download is done...

Thanks for your help!!!

Wonder why it takes so long are you sure port 22 isn't blocked or something ?

Have you tried download from git over http instead that's what I do as had problems also you just need to change the front of the clone URL from git to http as below

Code:
http://github.com/andyblac/aeon.git

- SHen350 - 2009-08-02

>>X<<' Wrote:In window github is easy just install github and do the following

Right click XBMC skins folder and select "Git Bash"

then paste the following in the command window

Code:
git clone git://github.com/andyblac/aeon.git AeonAndy

That will create a folder "AeonAndy" in the skins directory and download everything into that folder

Then in the future you just right click "AeonAndy" folder and select git bash and type "git pull"

If its already up to date it will tell you so if not it will update

"AeonAndy" folder can be any name you like that's just an example

Edit : see your using a MAC so ignore this then Rolleyes

Hey, thanks, I have been using GIT GUI to get updates. This way I won't have to wait till the weekends to update.

- SHen350 - 2009-08-02

andyblac Wrote:ok guys

And here I thought you might have been out enjoying some time away from Showmix. Silly me.

Now get back to work! Stare

- SHen350 - 2009-08-02

steve1977 Wrote:Great, thanks a lot!!! Keep me posted whether the poster of this new TV show shows up!!! Not sure whether a new season would be enough though as the thing that is not showing up is the TV Show thumb...

Separate question: Do you happen to be using guthub on a Mac and does it properly work for you?

Well, I had the same problem. I had things set up to use the wide fanart type ones in Aeon. I decided to have poster instead, so I changed to Tongueoster: on the vert menu and VIOLA!!! yeah, nothing either.

Soooo.... I went into every TV Show folder I had, renamed a poster to folder. Then I went and purged everything in the skin. When I reloaded TV Shows the ones I had changed to poster being named folder showed up. So far I have only completed about 10 of the 100 or so shows and only tried this on one of my comps, but I will work on it a bit more later. Maybe this will work for you.

- azido - 2009-08-02

SHen350 Wrote:Well, I had the same problem. I had things set up to use the wide fanart type ones in Aeon. I decided to have poster instead, so I changed to Tongueoster: on the vert menu and VIOLA!!! yeah, nothing either.

Soooo.... I went into every TV Show folder I had, renamed a poster to folder. Then I went and purged everything in the skin. When I reloaded TV Shows the ones I had changed to poster being named folder showed up. So far I have only completed about 10 of the 100 or so shows and only tried this on one of my comps, but I will work on it a bit more later. Maybe this will work for you.

yeah, folder.jpg will definitely show up. it should also work without any graphic file in the corresponding folder though (means it should appear also when scraping from tvdb).

anyway, update your versions - andy added/changed a lot of stuff recently. maybe such issues are the past now.

edit:
version 1.4(Git005) feels like a real improvement! performance and stability got a major boost as far as i can tell. also some issues fixed. need to update some german strings though.

no menu in movies - micky - 2009-08-02

if i press up from within my movies folder to edit the layout i get a sound but no menu, just took the latest verion in last 10 mins from github.

Also the mediaflags display the studio res etc but also leaves a ? underneath ?

anyone any idea

ok ive cleared setting, gone into appdata. deleted the cache folder, restarted xbmc, working now

however - micky - 2009-08-02

ok, the menu in the layout is fixed

however when u goto advanced aeon setting, and try to change anything the menu disappears.

also set content does not work, again no menu, i have to switch to another skin to set content