Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- steve1977 - 2009-08-03

>>X<<' Wrote:Yes it does have a git pull in the gui or at least its equivalent but you don't need to use, it all you have to do is exactly whats shown in the link below

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=49958

Then when the clone is done to updated using GUI you select at start up

Open existing repository then do

Checkout Branch > Tracking Branch > Origin Master

That's the same as git pull because if you look in the bottom of the branch window it has the box checked "Fetch tracking branch"

Just one thing to note don't try git bash git pull on any directories you have used the gui on as it wont work without extra commands

Thanks for your help. Getting closer to the "World of Github"...

Two question regarding above:

1) Should I indicate "Origin Master" or "Origin Auriga"? You mention "Master" above, but I thought that this MOD is built based on the Auriga version?

2) Following exactly what you describe above, it appears to be working. However, unfortunately, it ends with the message "You are no longer on a local branch. If you wamted to be on a branch, create one now starting from "this detached checkout"".

Any thoughts?

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2009-08-03

steve1977 Wrote:Thanks for your help. Getting closer to the "World of Github"...

Two question regarding above:

1) Should I indicate "Origin Master" or "Origin Auriga"? You mention "Master" above, but I thought that this MOD is built based on the Auriga version?

2) Following exactly what you describe above, it appears to be working. However, unfortunately, it ends with the message "You are no longer on a local branch. If you wamted to be on a branch, create one now starting from "this detached checkout"".

Any thoughts?

1) You are on Andys fork and his mod is the Master if you choose Auriga your get Auriga not his mod, if you was cloning from djh's url then master would be Aeon stark

You only have to look on github to see what the master is

2) "You are no longer on a local branch" yes you should get that message its not an error

- steve1977 - 2009-08-03

>>X<<' Wrote:1) You are on Andys fork and his mod is the Master if you choose Auriga your get Auriga not his mod, if you was cloning from djh's url then master would be Aeon stark

You only have to look on github to see what the master is

2) "You are no longer on a local branch" yes you should get that message its not an error

Then, it may be working now. It took around 12 hours (not 24) to pull the first download yesterday, but the update just now (assuming that it worked) only took a few seconds. It looked it was doing something. Lets keep the fingers crossed that I cracked github now...

- SHen350 - 2009-08-03

>>X<<' Wrote:Windows has a search so search AeonAndy, did you start by selecting the skins folder and choosing "Git bash here" from right click

Did you put AeonAndy or Aeon Andy, if you put Aeon Andy then you must include quotes "Aeon Andy"

That's only true if you just run Git Bash, if you select a folder and choose Git bash here from right click it starts in that folder so no need to cd to any directory that's why its quick and easy Big Grin

Alternatively you can run Git bash type cd drag and drop the skins folder onto the command window hit entre then git clone

Well, it didn't find it at all, so I did something wrong. I tried to drag the skins folder into git bash, but it doesn't allow that, or pasteing either. Oh well, this would have been easier to update everything then download a whole version, then taking it around and copying it off.

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2009-08-03

SHen350 Wrote:Well, it didn't find it at all, so I did something wrong. I tried to drag the skins folder into git bash, but it doesn't allow that, or pasting either. Oh well, this would have been easier to update everything then download a whole version, then taking it around and copying it off.

To paste into the command window you have to right click on it on the taskbar, select Edit > Paste

- henrike_ - 2009-08-03

Hi,

I have my shares of tvrips mounted with ReadOnly, and every time i access a folder in "videos", it asks for username/password.

The log says it cant load "folder.jpg", wich of course is not in any of my folders.
Turning "Thumb: poster" on/off does not seem to help (wich i think it did in aeon without mods)

it does not do this when using aeon without this mod.

Any pointers to make it go away? Smile

- Weavus - 2009-08-03

azido Wrote:do you get missing season thumbs like in this screenshots?
Does not seem to be happening for me with the latest build.

- azido - 2009-08-03

Weavus Wrote:Does not seem to be happening for me with the latest build.

thanks for testing. i got it fixed after i updated xbmc to svn 21958. don't know what was the cause, but it was quite funny, as every time i hit reload for one of those seasons, the thumb appeared, but the thumb for the previous season (which already had a thumb shown) dissapeared then, so i never had all thumbs at once Laugh

- azido - 2009-08-03

henrike_ Wrote:Hi,

I have my shares of tvrips mounted with ReadOnly, and every time i access a folder in "videos", it asks for username/password.

Any pointers to make it go away? Smile

any need of read-only mounting? you can set xbmc to not being allowed to rename/delete files in options -> appearance -> view options -> by disabling "allow file renaming and deletion" there which should give you the same behaviour as if you would use a read-only share (ok, you can still add files then, though)

- henrike_ - 2009-08-04

azido Wrote:any need of read-only mounting? you can set xbmc to not being allowed to rename/delete files in options -> appearance -> view options -> by disabling "allow file renaming and deletion" there which should give you the same behaviour as if you would use a read-only share (ok, you can still add files then, though)

I do this because I dont want something to mess with my files, and dont want xbmc to create a "folder.jpg" if thats the case with this "problem".

The best thing would be if I can get aeon to look for "folder.jpg" in a local "copy" of the structure of the share (which it would get when scanning a share into the library).

I think I will start looking in to that option myself to se if I can rewrite some of the code to make it do that, which would also be great for the "extrathumbs" thing.

- Weavus - 2009-08-04

henrike_ Wrote:The best thing would be if I can get aeon to look for "folder.jpg" in a local "copy" of the structure of the share (which it would get when scanning a share into the library).

I think I will start looking in to that option myself to se if I can rewrite some of the code to make it do that, which would also be great for the "extrathumbs" thing.
I would be interested in a local cache of extrathumbs in the userdata area of XBMC as I have lots of external drives and they go to sleep quite often and it can take 5 seconds or so for them to spin up and the image to appear.

Andy, could you clear up for me which images (if available) are loaded at runtime by the skin apart from extrathumbs and not by the XBMC thumbnail cache?

- azido - 2009-08-04

henrike_ Wrote:I do this because I dont want something to mess with my files, and dont want xbmc to create a "folder.jpg" if thats the case with this "problem".

The best thing would be if I can get aeon to look for "folder.jpg" in a local "copy" of the structure of the share (which it would get when scanning a share into the library).

that's not specifically aeon looking for that file, but xbmc. if i'm wrong and it is aeon, this is still no real error preventing you from using xbmc, it's just an info it can't find a graphic it would display otherwise.. nothing to be scared of.

it won't be created by xbmc anyway unless you tell it to do so while exporting the database to seperate files and create the graphics alongside the nfos. so i repeat: it will only create files in your shares if you export one of the databases, and only if you tell it to use seperate files instead of one.

the files xbmc (and any portion of this mod could/would) create will go into your userdata directory, which should reside locally by default.

aeon will make usage of a folder.jpg if it's present, but will never create one.

a final note: "extrathumbs" are at given time not supported by xbmc itself, but a gimmic introduced by a skilled skinner named djh and expanded further by others. there is an ongoing discussion to include them to become part of xbmc and treated the way we do for fanart and thumbs, but it's not implemented yet.

so finally i'd say you don't need to use read-only shares set to that by the system (and experience trouble anyway from this) as the only one who will write to them is you or anyone else exporting your database.just untick the option to allow xbmc to delete or rename files (that being options also a user will initiate, not xbmc), and if you're a real paranoid (laughs) you can create another profile with read-only config and sources for other ppl that might use your copy of xbmc (like your girlfriend, your wife, your next neighbours daughter or your dog).

- frater - 2009-08-04

The TV-show view shows all my posters cropped in a way that all heads are chopped off. In case of "The Tudors" this may be appropriate although Henry VIII himself died in a bed, it doesn't look good.
Instead of cutting top and bottom you could choose to just cut the bottom. Most of these posters contain people and their most recognizable part is their heads, right?

- frater - 2009-08-04

BTW... I downloaded it today again and my tv-shows don't popup the info-window anymore. Probably it was bad timing with my checkout, but wanted to let you know. The movies work fine.

- azido - 2009-08-04

frater Wrote:BTW... I downloaded it today again and my tv-shows don't popup the info-window anymore. Probably it was bad timing with my checkout, but wanted to let you know. The movies work fine.

a shutdown/restart should help to bring it back here. and for your other problem you might want to enable THUMBTongueOSTER from the vertical menu.