Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- azido - 2009-08-04

Weavus Wrote:I would be interested in a local cache of extrathumbs in the userdata area of XBMC as I have lots of external drives and they go to sleep quite often and it can take 5 seconds or so for them to spin up and the image to appear.

Andy, could you clear up for me which images (if available) are loaded at runtime by the skin apart from extrathumbs and not by the XBMC thumbnail cache?

that would require xbmc to make notice of and support those extrathumbs first, which it doesn't yet. the skin itself will only read but never store any graphics anywhere on your system. and yeah, i know the pain of external drives with auto-spindown. i wonder if there is some kind of configuration software out there where you can change that behaviour. my guess anyway is a drive that i.e. runs an hour constantly will not be harmed as much as if it spins down/spins up 10 times in that same hour.

if i may step in for your question i'd say: any additional image that could not be retrieved by a scraper initially today (and hence be referenced to in the databases) will not be cached. so in example for tvshows, it will cache season(n).tbn, but not poster.jpg.

- frater - 2009-08-04

There's no "poster" setting in my settings window. I also can't access many settings. Restarting didn't solve my problem with the non-appearing info-window....

But even if "poster" view is a solution. Isn't it better to (when there has to be cutting) cut only the bottom??

I will revert for a while to a previous version and check it again in the near future.

I'm using latest svn-releases on sshc.com

- azido - 2009-08-04

frater Wrote:There's no "poster" setting in my settings window. I also can't access many settings. Restarting didn't solve my problem with the non-appearing info-window....

But even if "poster" view is a solution. Isn't it better to (when there has to be cutting) cut only the bottom??

I will revert for a while to a previous version and check it again in the near future.

i think your problem might be conflicting settings in guisettings.xml caused by previous installations of the mod. you might want to try to purge your skin settings and have a clean start.

well, you can have poster view or thumb view which has other dimensions in width/height. i guess there is no way to tell xbmc or the skin how it should crop a given poster to fit the thumb view. might be wrong here, though, i dunno. but what i know is that it is not supposed to make a poster look good when displayed as a thumb (or say a portrait look good when cropped to a landscape format).

- >>X<< - 2009-08-04

frater Wrote:There's no "poster" setting in my settings window. I also can't access many settings. Restarting didn't solve my problem with the non-appearing info-window....

Go to Settings > Customise > Purge then restart xbmc after

Purge now purges everything for this very reason

Look here

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=376000

- azido - 2009-08-04

>>X<<' Wrote:Go to Settings > Customise > Purge then restart xbmc after

Purge now purges everything for this very reason

Look here

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=376000

like i said Wink

- andyblac - 2009-08-04

new version now up Big Grin

added CF2009 latest home mod, what a git to get to work, i was up till 3:00am this morning Smile

german xml - Schenk2302 - 2009-08-04

hi azido,

just a few small suggestions for the translation:

31417 Bewertung=FSK-Freigabe
31709 Abgelaufene Zeit=Laufzeit
31903 Localisation=Lokalisation

"und da alles in aeon per du ist, sollte auch Sie hören in Du hörst geändert werden."

Thanks

Schenk

- azido - 2009-08-04

andyblac Wrote:new version now up Big Grin

added CF2009 latest home mod, what a git to get to work, i was up till 3:00am this morning Smile

a big thanks for the improvements from here!

- frater - 2009-08-04

This info-window not popping up was sorted by deleting the user settings and restarting xbmc. It didn't work at first. Although multiplex was "selected" I had to explicitly select it again to get it working properly.

The issues of not being able to change menu settings were sorted this way as well.

The only thing I can't find is the "poster view" for my tv-series. In the main view I will get black borders left and right (not elegant, but still decent). Selecting the series and seeing the seasons will give me chopped off heads again.
I still think it's the most elegant way to cut only the bottom.

I can set Hitcher's mod in poster view. The Series-view and Season-view look good then. The Episode-view however has those heads chopped off again....

- azido - 2009-08-04

Schenk2302 Wrote:hi azido,

just a few small suggestions for the translation:

31417 Bewertung=FSK-Freigabe
31709 Abgelaufene Zeit=Laufzeit
31903 Localisation=Lokalisation

"und da alles in aeon per du ist, sollte auch Sie hören in Du hörst geändert werden."

Thanks

Schenk

i hear you.
31417: this makes me scratch my head. i changed this to be "Bewertung" because of the music info screen, where it just sits left of the stars.
chances are it is also used for another label where it surely would mean "Freigabe". can you point me to the screen where "Bewertung" simply is wrong? funny thing is "rating" can become both meanings here. i have to check that and maybe change the label number for music info screen then. thanks.

31709: for me "Laufzeit" means something like "total time", while we need a word for "time elapsed". any other suggestion? (in case "Abgelaufene Zeit" simply is too long)

31903: That's a new one i haven't touched yet. how about "Lokalisierung" ?

+1 for "Du hörst". simply forgot that one. by the way: how would you tell the (non-german) developers that "YOU" has 2 very different meanings for us? Rolleyes

- azido - 2009-08-04

frater Wrote:The only thing I can't find is the "poster view" for my tv-series. In the main view I will get black borders left and right (not elegant, but still decent).

good to see you got the most things sorted.

the only possibility left that comes into my mind now is to check customize -> advanced -> general -> "unlock all views for tv shows" set to ON.

you should have THIS button for sure when multiplex view is active:

- frater - 2009-08-04

It was not there....
After changing the language to English (was in Dutch) it appeared.

I had to delete my settings again...

Now I have my posters, but when I have a series selected I'm getting all the icons with the different seasons. Only the "all seasons" has a picture.
Going back to Hitcher's gave me the same problem, so I guess this mod has nothing to do with it....

- Schenk2302 - 2009-08-04

[quote=azido]i hear you.
31417: this makes me scratch my head. i changed this to be "Bewertung" because of the music info screen, where it just sits left of the stars.
chances are it is also used for another label where it surely would mean "Freigabe". can you point me to the screen where "Bewertung" simply is wrong? funny thing is "rating" can become both meanings here. i have to check that and maybe change the label number for music info screen then. thanks.

this is in my mutliplex view Bewertung: ab 16 freigegeben

31709: for me "Laufzeit" means something like "total time", while we need a word for "time elapsed". any other suggestion? (in case "Abgelaufene Zeit" simply is too long)

for me this is the runtime of the movie, that's laufzeit in german Smile

31903: That's a new one i haven't touched yet. how about "Lokalisierung" ?

yeah, much better!!!

and found one more that i personally prefer Temp=Temperatur

Einheiten=Einheit but i'm not sure about this one.

Thanks Schenk

- azido - 2009-08-04

frater Wrote:It was not there....
After changing the language to English (was in Dutch) it appeared.

I had to delete my settings again...

Now I have my posters, but when I have a series selected I'm getting all the icons with the different seasons. Only the "all seasons" has a picture.
Going back to Hitcher's gave me the same problem, so I guess this mod has nothing to do with it....

wondering about the change of language will make it appear, but ok. at least it worked out.

for the season thumbs: simply try to rescan your seasons. true that this even appears on pm3 hd from time to time. also you can specifically set your season thumbs for any given season when using the context menu -> set season thumb. a restart afterwards could be suprisingly make them appear.

- azido - 2009-08-04

Schenk2302 Wrote:this is in my mutliplex view Bewertung: ab 16 freigegeben

now it's clear why i never saw that. i always use fullscreen view here Wink that needs a fix then for one of those label numbers, they seem to be the same for this and the music-rating (as the word simply is the same in english)

Quote:for me this is the runtime of the movie, that's laufzeit in german Smile
jesus! you're right for sure. again, it never came to my attention as i use fullscreen. my though was it labels the menu you get while playing a movie so it displays the time of a movie being elapsed. will fix.

Quote:31903: That's a new one i haven't touched yet. how about "Lokalisierung" ?

yeah, much better!!!
and so it shall be.

Quote:and found one more that i personally prefer Temp=Temperatur

Einheiten=Einheit but i'm not sure about this one.
same here. will be fixed.

note that rather posting a fixed one here i'll supply the patched version as a ticket to assembla so andy will more likely get a notice of it. i have a feeling that atm he is really busy in doing what he does, so he might not look in here that often right now..

Quote:Thanks Schenk
you're welcome. thanks for your pointings and suggestions.