Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- lonchaney - 2009-08-05

where do i find advancedsettings.xml?

update:

ok i read that you need to make the advacedsettings.xml file in your xbmc\userdata\ folder...so i did this and wrote in what you put up there but nothing changed...maybe i'm doing it wrong

- Dougie085 - 2009-08-05

I'm running XBMC via Ubuntu and I installed this modded skin with git and it just crashes my XBMC. My XBMC is set to run as the window manager session and it just starts to load and then logs me out. This happend from the first time it was installed.

- dbldown768 - 2009-08-05

I just updated to the latest revision in git. In my movie library, I cannot select from any of the options on the left hand side. The side bar is showing with nothing in it?

- SHen350 - 2009-08-05

dbldown768 Wrote:I just updated to the latest revision in git. In my movie library, I cannot select from any of the options on the left hand side. The side bar is showing with nothing in it?

Mine did this too. I just restarted and it was back to being fine. I'm guessing you already tried that since it seems to fix alot of things. If you copied over an older version I have heard that it sometimes glitches a few things. So as a second option, I would erase the skin in the skin folder and pull a whole new one to put in there. If that doesn't work, then someone smarter then me on here probably knows something else to do. Sad

- dbldown768 - 2009-08-05

im re-pulling everything right now. hope that fixes my problem.

- Dougie085 - 2009-08-05

Well I somewhat got this to work. Now my problem is in your little miniguide you mention some settings and I don't see any of those in any of the menus when running your version of Aeon.

- logictester - 2009-08-05

logictester Wrote:i want to ask something that maybe not related to the mod directly - but i can't get an answer anywhere, i've moded my home screen to show 2 rss feeds at once, but i want them to run at different speeds, i tried to use <scrollspeed> tag but it doesn't change anything, here is a small video to show what it is right now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56bcHRZ4AWY

RolleyesbumpRolleyes

- logictester - 2009-08-05

lonchaney Wrote:where do i find advancedsettings.xml?

update:

ok i read that you need to make the advacedsettings.xml file in your xbmc\userdata\ folder...so i did this and wrote in what you put up there but nothing changed...maybe i'm doing it wrong

is your advancedsettings.xml starts with <advancedsettings> and ends with </advancedsettings>? also verify you place it in the right user data folder - if you installed portable version then in program files\xbmc if it's a regular install then in application data\xbmc

- soder - 2009-08-05

azido Wrote:you're right, the 5.1 is too bright on the showcase view. it looks good on mediaplex view though.

mind adding a bug report? i'm too tired right now and willing to go to bed.

Done!

/Söder

- soder - 2009-08-05

What have really happened to the "real" Aeon? Will it be no more?

I mean, this MOD is now much more "finish" then Aeon Stark.

/Söder

- eumel - 2009-08-05

soder Wrote:What have really happened to the "real" Aeon? Will it be no more?

I mean, this MOD is now much more "finish" then Aeon Stark.

/Söder
as far as I know djh works together with another Skinner on a new project
it may be that his time is short for aeon

- Weavus - 2009-08-05

Re #19 in Assembla ([REQUEST] Dynamic Coverflow for FLAT view)

Would the solution not be to add another view (perhaps called wrap) thats the exisitng FLAT view (to keep the list that you need) and then convert the FLAT one to use the same code to do the dynamic bit or have I got it all wrong?

Thanks

- azido - 2009-08-05

logictester Wrote:RolleyesbumpRolleyes

hey brother.

that scrollspeed tag needs to go to Includes_Furniture.xml where you've defined your rss feed controls to display your feeds on home screen.

so go and put under <urlset>1</urlset> a scroll speed definition
<scrollspeed>30</scrollspeed> and under your <urlset>2</urlset> another one <scrollspeed>100</scrollspeed>.

works like a charm here when tested. Wink

mind sending me your modification to display both of them with a correct aligned underlying background'n'shit ?

i guess it's a nice idea to have daily news on the 1st stream going fast and some release news on the 2nd being a bit slower Smile

by the way: in an earlier version of xbmc i got the name of the rss feed displayed right in front of the feed. now there's only the content itself. what happened? Huh

- azido - 2009-08-05

soder Wrote:Done!

/Söder

k.

funny thing is: i saw the same appearance (2.0 being brighter than mp3 on top of it) on tv show epised level. when i started an episode, stopped it, came back on the screen it appeared like it should, 2.0 being dimmed that is.

- azido - 2009-08-05

eumel Wrote:as far as I know djh works together with another Skinner on a new project
it may be that his time is short for aeon

..it's cold up there in alaska Wink

that new concept is really beautiful btw.