Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Another Aeon Night Version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Another Aeon Night Version (/showthread.php?tid=52774)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

- `Black - 2009-07-20

I'm getting along with the new multiwall view, so here are 2 screens and a little video of the tv show section... there's still some work to do but it's maybe already coming tomorrow. It will have no light setting, so only night is available and music section is also coming later (if I ever get it done how I want it to).

There are (for now) 2 layouts in the tv show section, one is with fanart and one is with poster. For the poster layout you'll need poster.jpg in the tv show & season folders. So you have on general tv show poster and one for each season. Sadly in the season container it's still not possible to get the poster shown from the season folder... instead it shows the tv show poster.

Youtube Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31zpGuao8Vc&fmt=22

Fanart Layout:

Poster Layout:

- Jamdez - 2009-07-20

Wow very impressive. Keep up the good work!

- paul - 2009-07-20

Impressive work `Black can't wait to try it!
Will you be adding the file manager mod to this as i can only get that mod working with the dam light panels and does not match the rest of the skin. either way keep up the great work.
One other thing have you seen what dumbgum has done for his mod i asked him if he would create some default icons for his mod and he obliged and they look super cool compared to the stock icons and some of his other panels look great added to you mod. have a look and see what you think?

- azido - 2009-07-20

never mind.. azido stinks.

ah.. btw: are you planning to add mediaflags to the multiwall view?

- Montellese - 2009-07-20

azido Wrote:ah.. btw: are you planning to add mediaflags to the multiwall view?

Check the video, they are already there at episode level.

- GrinRoth - 2009-07-20

What version of the fonts should i copy in your github version?
Since djh changed the fonts last week? Do you use the old ones or the new?

Thanks.

- zwat - 2009-07-20

I would love to see the blue bluray banner and red hd-dvd banner on movie covers for bluray\hd-dvd movies. Could you make an option for that?

zwat Wrote:I would love to see the blue bluray banner and red hd-dvd banner on movie covers for bluray\hd-dvd movies. Could you make an option for that?

Why don't you just replace the corresponding PNG files in the "media/flags" folder with whatever you want?

- mindweaver - 2009-07-20

Looks really nice! I hope it will end up in Hitchers mod Smile

mindweaver Wrote:Looks really nice! I hope it will end up in Hitchers mod Smile

Well I think to be able to include this into Hitcher's mod there needs to be a light version of this view as well.

- `Black - 2009-07-20

GrinRoth Wrote:What version of the fonts should i copy in your github version?
Since djh changed the fonts last week? Do you use the old ones or the new?

Thanks.

You can use the new font's from the aeonproject site as the old fonts are still included.

@Swat
Maybe later, don't know.

edit:
I consider to remove showcase (it's kinda useless since flow is available in multiplex?) and use multiwall instead as well as remove the light theme and make the night theme as default (cause I never use the light theme). Should speed up the skin a bit, cleans up the code and I can also make a textures.xpr file for testing if it's faster than without. What do you think about it?

- medicineuk - 2009-07-20

`Black Wrote:You can use the new font's from the aeonproject site as the old fonts are still included.

@Swat
Maybe later, don't know.

edit:
I consider to remove showcase (it's kinda useless since flow is available in multiplex?) and use multiwall instead as well as remove the light theme and make the night theme as default (cause I never use the light theme). Should speed up the skin a bit, cleans up the code and I can also make a textures.xpr file for testing if it's faster than without. What do you think about it?

Sounds like a good idea to me I have never used light so why have it taking up resources. As you said Showcase is no longer need when Multiplex can preform the same functionality.

- paul - 2009-07-20

`Black Wrote:You can use the new font's from the aeonproject site as the old fonts are still included.

@Swat
Maybe later, don't know.

edit:
I agree totally as i never use showcase or the light theme, hitcher himself is using a textures.xpr for his black theme using your textures and it works very well so you should be able to make the code simpler and hopefully run even better, but thats only my oppinionSmile

- GrinRoth - 2009-07-20

But what about the music section?
I hope you don't remove the showcaseview before a multiplex alike thing for the music section is available?

For me, and i think for a lot of other people the music section of xbmc is at least as important as tvshows and movies....

- Leeuw - 2009-07-22

`Black Wrote:I'm getting along with the new multiwall view, so here are 2 screens and a little video of the tv show section... there's still some work to do but it's maybe already coming tomorrow. It will have no light setting, so only night is available and music section is also coming later (if I ever get it done how I want it to).

There are (for now) 2 layouts in the tv show section, one is with fanart and one is with poster. For the poster layout you'll need poster.jpg in the tv show & season folders. So you have on general tv show poster and one for each season. Sadly in the season container it's still not possible to get the poster shown from the season folder... instead it shows the tv show poster.

Youtube Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31zpGuao8Vc&fmt=22

Wow, this is really impressive. The rotation animation is especially cool. I may be re-designing my low list mod to have a look & feel commensurate with this view (have never been happy with how different it feels from the rest of Aeon, but didn't want to include a "floor"). Anyway, great work, can't wait for the release!