Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Another Aeon Night Version - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Another Aeon Night Version (/showthread.php?tid=52774)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

- uncertainty - 2009-07-22

`Black Wrote:You can use the new font's from the aeonproject site as the old fonts are still included.

@Swat
Maybe later, don't know.

edit:
I consider to remove showcase (it's kinda useless since flow is available in multiplex?) and use multiwall instead as well as remove the light theme and make the night theme as default (cause I never use the light theme). Should speed up the skin a bit, cleans up the code and I can also make a textures.xpr file for testing if it's faster than without. What do you think about it?

Just my 2 cents, I still like showcase as the posters display abit larger then the multiplex view and thus easier to see. If possible please keep the option but I do understand if you need to remove it.

- zwat - 2009-07-22

`Black Wrote:@Swat
Maybe later, don't know.

guess that one was for me? Big Grin

yea i don't see the use of light skin. last night i was playing around with the media flags. i thought it looked great with the official 1080p logo
Image maybe alter the number on that one to 1080i, 720p and 720i even if it's not a official logo.
the bluray logo was allso looking pretty good with blue instead of white. was kinda rough around the edges, but guess thats because my low photoshop skills Big Grin
i can put up a screenshot on how it looks when i get home if you are interested.

i would like to see the media info (i) during playback a bit smaller. show titlename, time run, time left, % of time run (or left), clock now and clock when finished.

these guestions are maybe more general questions and not based on your skin.
why is some blurays tagged with h.264 logo? where do the skin get the media info from? filename, nfo or meta data.

when browsing for genres there are alot of different genres. would it be posible to have fewer catagories and make a list over different subgenres to be put in that? would also be easier to make coverart for genres.

- thrasherx - 2009-07-22

`Black Wrote:So, the wall view is done so far but I still have the problems with the multiplex flow layout. First I had the flickering because I didn't changed the id's of the groups and it was gone after I changed them but now it's there again and I don't know why. :/

Here's a screen of the final wall mod with fanart, title & dvd cases:

Any chance that this mod will ever surface?

- Montellese - 2009-07-22

thrasherx Wrote:Any chance that this mod will ever surface?

Uhm isn't it already included in the latest version of Black's mod? At least I'm 100% sure that I already tested it on my local XBMC installation.

- `Black - 2009-07-22

Yes, it's included... but it only works in the movie section (for now). For the infos turn info to on or auto in the top menu.

- thrasherx - 2009-07-22

Oh, whoops. Thanks! I'm really liking your mini-info panel, and might try to use it in my wall mod that I'm making (if that's ok with you)? Who knows if I'll every actually release it though... there's not alot of love for the wall anymore Oo

- `Black - 2009-07-22

zwat Wrote:guess that one was for me? Big Grin

yea i don't see the use of light skin. last night i was playing around with the media flags. i thought it looked great with the official 1080p logo
Image maybe alter the number on that one to 1080i, 720p and 720i even if it's not a official logo.
the bluray logo was allso looking pretty good with blue instead of white. was kinda rough around the edges, but guess thats because my low photoshop skills Big Grin
i can put up a screenshot on how it looks when i get home if you are interested.

i would like to see the media info (i) during playback a bit smaller. show titlename, time run, time left, % of time run (or left), clock now and clock when finished.

these guestions are maybe more general questions and not based on your skin.
why is some blurays tagged with h.264 logo? where do the skin get the media info from? filename, nfo or meta data.

when browsing for genres there are alot of different genres. would it be posible to have fewer catagories and make a list over different subgenres to be put in that? would also be easier to make coverart for genres.

If you want to have these mediaflags, just use them... I will not change them, I like them how they are and I think if someone wants to have other images, he can replace them.

For the H.264, that's because XBMC can't read if a file is blu-ray, hddvd, dvd or something else... so you have to add these tags to the filename. And the genre infos are from imdb so if you want to have fewer genres, edit all your nfo files and rescan you library.

- zwat - 2009-07-22

`Black Wrote:For the H.264, that's because XBMC can't read if a file is blu-ray, hddvd, dvd or something else... so you have to add these tags to the filename. And the genre infos are from imdb so if you want to have fewer genres, edit all your nfo files and rescan you library.

k i see, except when you talked about genre. you say they are from imdb and i must make changes in .nfo if i want fewer genres. does that mean that it first check if there is anything in nfo and if not it checks imdb?

- >>X<< - 2009-07-22

zwat Wrote:k i see, except when you talked about genre. you say they are from imdb and i must make changes in .nfo if i want fewer genres. does that mean that it first check if there is anything in nfo and if not it checks imdb?

What he means is when you scrape movies the movie genre is grabbed from the site being used and movies full into more than one genre, if you want a movie to show less genres you have to edit your nfo <genre>

- `Black - 2009-07-22

Screen from the multiwall music section with now playing info. It's maybe half done... the biggest problem is that the most artist and album infos are not showing (e.g. album review & biography). Must be a XBMC bug, in the full info it's showing fine.

- zwat - 2009-07-22

just to show how the bar looks like with custom bluray and hdready logo. (bluray looks pretty bad)

You really should work on these icons. The 1080p one doesn't even have a transparent background.

- zwat - 2009-07-22

ohh hehe didn't even know it was reflection back there. well it was just a test on how it would look. i'm not skilled on photoshop or any graphic work for that matter. i might have a go for it and see if it looks good when making it transparent and even try change the numbers to 1080i, 720p and 720i. but i doubt i'm gonna finish it.

but except the background how do you think it look?

zwat Wrote:ohh hehe didn't even know it was reflection back there. well it was just a test on how it would look. i'm not skilled on photoshop or any graphic work for that matter. i might have a go for it and see if it looks good when making it transparent and even try change the numbers to 1080i, 720p and 720i. but i doubt i'm gonna finish it.

but except the background how do you think it look?

Well I already once tried using colored flags and in my opinion it totally destroyed the look of Aeon. Furthermore I don't see the BluRay icon anyway as I have replaced it to show the language code of the primary audio source of the movie.

Btw try using this BluRay logo as it already is a PNG with a transparent background: http://www.moviezkult.de/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/bluray.png
You just need to resize it to the correct size of the flags (check the size of the original BluRay flag file and resize the one from the link to it).

question regarding media icons/flags - jondr13 - 2009-07-23

'Black

Is this mod supposed to be used with Ember Media Manager?? I have always used Media Info Plus and when I installed your mod, about the only icon that shows is the DVD icon. On my blu-ray files, the blu-ray icon shows up on top of the DVD icon. Everything else is missing. This happens under both Movies and TV Shows.

Not sure what Im doing wrong and if me using MIP has anything to do with it

Please advise, thanks