Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=52824)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - takoi - 2012-04-30

Thanks for feedback Jan-Erik! Hope this clears things up:

1. Not sure I can answer this. It's handled all by xbmc, but I don't think it's supposed to cache the whole length. Also, youtube and nrk use different protocol.

2/4. Not implemented because of performance issues (need to download a lot of pages), but i know how to solve it and it will be added along with thumbnails for everything. Same reason for 4: it's the only image available the this site.

3. Will fix!

5. What skin are you using? Because the info page shouldn't even be available.

6. I can't reproduce this. Have you waited long enough for the cache to fill up? Maybe a skin issue this also?

7. NRK is working on some alternate solution for subtitles. I think I'll wait and see what it is before spending too much time hackingSmile

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - spiff - 2012-04-30

1) cache is only used for stuff that goes through our vfs. stuff like mms, rtmp, hls won't use it.

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - wiak - 2012-05-01

the new webtv is sweet and this new plugin is l33t Smile
does it detect connection and quality?, is it possible to get info on that? somewhere

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - Jan-Erik - 2012-05-01

(2012-04-30, 20:24)takoi Wrote: Thanks for feedback Jan-Erik! Hope this clears things up:

1. Not sure I can answer this. It's handled all by xbmc, but I don't think it's supposed to cache the whole length. Also, youtube and nrk use different protocol.

2/4. Not implemented because of performance issues (need to download a lot of pages), but i know how to solve it and it will be added along with thumbnails for everything. Same reason for 4: it's the only image available the this site.

3. Will fix!

5. What skin are you using? Because the info page shouldn't even be available.

6. I can't reproduce this. Have you waited long enough for the cache to fill up? Maybe a skin issue this also?

7. NRK is working on some alternate solution for subtitles. I think I'll wait and see what it is before spending too much time hackingSmile

1. Strangely, the little gray I see is gone now? [Edit: It must be me, cause now the little buffering is back] Hope caching can be implemented, it will be a big improvement for stable playback, mostly all video add-on's support this now. (I added some extra ram to be used when caching)
2/5. Strangely Info are now gone? I use default Confluence. Reported all this a few minutes after installing zip, It's now in version 3.1.4
3. Excellent!
6. When I select live channel it display paused video image saying "Buffering... 100%". Waiting 10 minutes doesn't help.
7. Agree

I see now that the addon is missing from page Get more... Hope you can fix this so I can read the change log. Can't disable or remove this add-on, if that was needed Wink

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - dsgh - 2012-05-01

For some reason I am not able to install the new NRK addon to my XBMC (Eden final) on Apple TV1. When trying to install from zip file, I keep getting an error saying "Dependencies not met".

The latest version of the original NRK addon showing up in the official repo is 3.1.1..

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - takoi - 2012-05-01

(2012-05-01, 00:23)wiak Wrote: does it detect connection and quality?, is it possible to get info on that? somewhere
It doesn't. You'll have to pick the bitrate you want from settings menu

(2012-05-01, 00:43)Jan-Erik Wrote: 1. Strangely, the little gray I see is gone now? [Edit: It must be me, cause now the little buffering is back] Hope caching can be implemented, it will be a big improvement for stable playback, mostly all video add-on's support this now. (I added some extra ram to be used when caching)
Is it an issue tho? Maybe it's because im on 100mbit but Im just not able to produce any lag whatsoever. Even when maxing connection with background downloads

Jan-Erik Wrote:I see now that the addon is missing from page Get more... Hope you can fix this so I can read the change log. Can't disable or remove this add-on, if that was needed Wink
Go up a few levels and into 'Enabled addons' or something Smile

(2012-05-01, 12:43)dsgh Wrote: For some reason I am not able to install the new NRK addon to my XBMC (Eden final) on Apple TV1. When trying to install from zip file, I keep getting an error saying "Dependencies not met".

The latest version of the original NRK addon showing up in the official repo is 3.1.1..
Try searching the forums. I dont know the solution but there are some threads about it. Dont think its a problem specific to this addon

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - dlira - 2012-05-10

OK, anybody see what`s wrong here? I`ve installed the new beta-plugin from: https://github.com/downloads/takoi/xbmc-addon-nrk/plugin.video.nrk.beta.zip Added OK, and I`ve now go two NRK-addons (the old one, and the new one - the new one called Beta). The problem is the two looks exactly the same, and does not look anything like the screenshots (both are called version 3.1.4).

Thank you takoi - I`ve used the old plugin a lot!

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - Jan-Erik - 2012-05-10

(2012-05-10, 22:19)dlira Wrote: OK, anybody see what`s wrong here? I`ve installed the new beta-plugin from: https://github.com/downloads/takoi/xbmc-addon-nrk/plugin.video.nrk.beta.zip Added OK, and I`ve now go two NRK-addons (the old one, and the new one - the new one called Beta). The problem is the two looks exactly the same, and does not look anything like the screenshots (both are called version 3.1.4).

Use thumbnail view and you see the difference Smile

Guess both are version 3.1.4 so we know they are in sync with updates on the video website Big Grin

What do you think about the video quality, any better than the other (old) one?

How is the video when you jump forward or back?

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - dlira - 2012-05-10

Thank you, Jan-Erik. I assume I enable thumbnail view by pointing the arrow to the left menu? I`m still nok seeing anything like the screenshots posted here, just small or big icons. I`m running Eden with confluence on ATV2. I will try to comment on the quality when I get time to play with it.

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - olaroth - 2012-05-11

Thanks for this! Works like a charm on 12/5 Mbps on my Apple TV2.
I installed it yesterday. The quality is much better than the old NRK web-tv. The only thing missing is subtitles.

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - takoi - 2012-05-11

(2012-05-10, 22:19)dlira Wrote: OK, anybody see what`s wrong here? I`ve installed the new beta-plugin from: https://github.com/downloads/takoi/xbmc-addon-nrk/plugin.video.nrk.beta.zip Added OK, and I`ve now go two NRK-addons (the old one, and the new one - the new one called Beta). The problem is the two looks exactly the same, and does not look anything like the screenshots (both are called version 3.1.4).

Menu wise they should look almost the same. Take a screenshot and it would be easier for me to answer. If you're confined it isn't correct, then try this:

In the your userdata/addons folder:
- remove plugin.video.nrk
- remove plugin.video.nrk.beta
- remove packages folder
- reinstall both addons

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - Fumo - 2012-05-18

Is it possible to implement the radio part of theire website in the addon? Love the function in iPlayer, that gives me acces to bbc's live streams and the archive. Would be nice to have the same functions in the NRK addon. Does anyone know if they are gonna start streaming the live channels in HD?

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - runel - 2012-05-23

Good work on this plugin. Smile Any way of getting ae, oe and aa displaying correctly? At the moment we get a few characters (probably some decoding issue) where they are.

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - VictorV - 2012-05-25

(2012-05-18, 14:34)Fumo Wrote: Is it possible to implement the radio part of theire website in the addon? Love the function in iPlayer, that gives me acces to bbc's live streams and the archive. Would be nice to have the same functions in the NRK addon. Does anyone know if they are gonna start streaming the live channels in HD?

Guess it would be better to develop this in two independent addons. It's not much work to create such addon. It can also be done by creating .stream files with radio urls on local filesystem. I don't think there are any good source to scrape for radio programs covering all shows like there is on web-tv.
I have covered the live radio streams and podcast in the old nrk addon. Should be easily extracted and modified as a working standalone addon.

RE: [RELEASE] Norwegian NRK Web-TV (Video) Plugin - takoi - 2012-05-27

(2012-05-23, 23:21)runel Wrote: Good work on this plugin. Smile Any way of getting ae, oe and aa displaying correctly? At the moment we get a few characters (probably some decoding issue) where they are.
You using latest version (downloaded using the 'zip' button)? Should have been fixed..