Kodi Community Forum
MiniMeedia v0.90 Released (17/06/2009) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MiniMeedia (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+----- Thread: MiniMeedia v0.90 Released (17/06/2009) (/showthread.php?tid=53062)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

MiniMeedia v0.90 Released (17/06/2009) - skunkm0nkee - 2009-06-17

Sorry for the delay in getting this release out but I was cycling from London to Paris last week and that (along with work) has taken up most of my time over the last few weeks.

Still I've managed to get quite a few new features coded, the most obvious of which are the updated Showcase view and the inclusion of media flags. Both of these are still work in progress but they are along the lines of what I'm planning to do so you should get a decent idea of what they're about.

I've also added further alternative fonts to try and please those users that think the current fonts aren't serious enough for a media centre.

The main changes are as follows:
  • Added: Flag images for different video formats
  • Added: Flag images for different audio formats
  • Added: Flag images for different video resolutions
  • Added: Initial code for video resolution and audio format flags
  • Added: Small versions of the Dolby Digital flags
  • Added: Smaller versions of MPAA ratings images to be used in views etc
  • Added: Displaying of smaller media flags to all views except Waterfall
  • Added: Another set of alternative fonts to choose from
  • Added: System background image to be shown behind Login screen
  • Added: 4 more movie studio logos
  • Added: 19 more TV network logos
  • Added: Tobis movie studio logo (thanks to H3lium)
  • Added: CW and WB TV studio logos (thanks to ezechiel1917)
  • Added: Swedish translation (thanks to exal)
  • Fixed: Position of Shutdown Timer when profiles and/or locks are active
  • Fixed: Placement of video player controls when using Minimal Video OSD
  • Fixed: Displaying of parent folder icon for focused item in Poster Info view
  • Fixed: Ability to control whether Login screen is active or not
  • Updated: Started work on tidying up the Showcase view
  • Updated: Showcase to use small versions of Dolby Digital flags
  • Updated: Tidied up a few more of the studio logos
  • Updated: Tidied up info shown at bottom of Showcase view
  • Updated: Restart label in Power menu is now Restart XBMC (as it is in Shutdown menu and Login screen)
  • Updated: Tidied up navigation between profiles menu and individual profile settings
  • Updated: Tidied up code for media flags now that it has been properly implemented in XBMC
New Showcase view:

Movie Info dialog (with new media flags):

Use Recent Version of XBMC
In order to get the best out of this release you need to be using a version of XBMC built in the in the last day or so (since the changes to XBMC for media flags has only just been added). As yet the media flagging has not been added to a t3ch release so just use the most recent available.

If you do decide to use it without an up to date version of XBMC then you may find that you can't see any of the media flags and none of the backgrounds appear. You have been warned. Shocked

If you really have to run an old version (or you run PLEX which doesn't support the newer features that XBMC does) then have a look at this thread - Temporary Fixes for Older XBMC Builds

Genre Poster Packs
In this version I've added support for Genre Poster Packs (such as the one in this thread - Movie Genre Posters). To take advantage of this feature please see this thread - MiniMeedia and Genre Poster Packs

Feedback
If you do find any problems or have any suggestions on improvements to the skin please describe them as fully as possible and give screenshots where possible.

Have fun and enjoy!

-------------------

Skin download link - MiniMeedia v0.90

Background Images
The skin itself does not contain any real background images since most users will already have a set of background images that they like (for MediaStream and Aeon skins etc) and I assume most users will be using fanart for the Movies and TV Shows anyway.

I have a nice set of custom background images that I use and aim to provide download links so that users can use these if they want.

Background download links -
Movies - Movies Backgrounds 1 Movies Backgrounds 2
TV Shows - TV Show Backgrounds
Videos - Videos Backgrounds
Music - Music Backgrounds
Pictures - Pictures Backgrounds
System - System Backgrounds
Power - Power Backgrounds
DVD - DVD Backgrounds

The skin is setup to work with Weather Fanart (the weather background should match the current weather conditions) and to get this working properly I recommend downloading timdog's Weather Fanart pack

- xbs08 - 2009-06-17

Nice Big Grin
Thank You!

- Waffa - 2009-06-17

ThanxBig Grin

- Radikaltimes - 2009-06-17

Downloading ... thank you for the updates

- skunkm0nkee - 2009-06-17

You're welcome Big Grin

I've updated the Gallery thread with some of the new screenshots of the Showcase view and flags etc.

ok i need some guidance now...
no flags are showing ..well only 1 movie is showing 480 ..
is that because of my .nfo files?? i used emm to create them

thank you

- Waffa - 2009-06-17

Works for me and didn't mess up my .nfo files.Rofl
But do miss : Flag images for different video formats.
Flag images for different audio formats and flag images for different video resolutions works great and like it.!!Big Grin
Btw nice job on showcase.

Edit:
Don't know for sure but xbmc scrapes the flags directly from the video file.
Don't know if it looks first into your .nfo file. (Think not.)

uhhh if i remove a movie from the database and re-scan .. the flags come up ...
interesting

Edit1:
i re-did the whole database .. and all the video flags come up .. but only 1 audio flag out 128 movies

Edit2:
ok if i remove the nfo file and change the scrape to imdb .. i get studio .. no rating no video or audio flags ..

being that other users are getting the proper information .. there is something wrong with my setup .. i just can figure out what it is

the video flags look nice Smile

- xbs08 - 2009-06-17

Works for me too. I don't care about the codecs anyway Smile

I think .nfo aren't used anymore, xbmc picks that info directly from the files.

Only one thing i've noticed in showcase view, sortletter is overlaping the ratings images (this is not a big problem cause the sortletter hides when not in use).

EDIT: I suggest that studio and rating should be on the left so that resolution and audio format/channels stay together on the right.

suggested revisions? - vajonam - 2009-06-17

hey skunk,

can you recommend a revision after which media flagging was meged into trunk? from what i see its, > 21081

Also, can you tell us if we need to rescan the library for it to work? or will it pickup the media flags automagically?

Thanks

- Waffa - 2009-06-17

Yeah grap a new build > 21076 and everything goes automagically.
No rescan needed.!!Big Grin
Edit: Do enable it in settings / video / general

Edit:
xbs08 Wrote:Works for me too. I don't care about the codecs anyway Smile

EDIT: I suggest that studio and rating should be on the left so that resolution and audio format/channels stay together on the right.

I would like to see them Nod but there seems to be no space for it Confused
Agree with studio and rating should be on the left.Big Grin

- xbs08 - 2009-06-17

You're right, the space available isn't much.

- skunkm0nkee - 2009-06-18

I'm still playing about with positioning and will be rewriting most of it before the next release. Need to think about adding all the new info, in text format as well as the missing images, to the info dialogs. Also need to think if I want to include the video codec and aspect ratio info images in any of the views.

Then I need to think about how it'll all get added to the waterfall view, tidy up the info on the high list view for media other than movies, sort out what labels are displayed in the lists for the various media (especially music and episodes), tidy up the look of the clock in the video OSD, ...yada yada yada...

There's still loads of stuff for me to be getting on with but the pleasing thing (from my perspective) is that most of the comments seem to be about preferences and opinions rather than bugs and/or missing features. Means I must be doing something right! Wink

- xbs08 - 2009-06-18

You are Big Grin

- yadster - 2009-06-18

xbs08 Wrote:You are Big Grin

Ditto Big Grin