"cdArt" concept - current cdImage with artist fanart support in music visualizations - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skin Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Artwork packs (/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+---- Thread: "cdArt" concept - current cdImage with artist fanart support in music visualizations (/showthread.php?tid=53242)
- efty.edge - 2009-07-11 21:34
i think you are right, but under Setting/Music/Files XBMC scan Network Shares for thumbs like folder.jpg. Why isnt it possible to do so for the cdart.png on an network Share and copy it locally!?
- ronie - 2009-07-11 22:07
@reaven: i just found out if you use the largeimage control you can load an image from a smb drive. so i could work for the cdart.png images.
however, it's not possible for fanart slideshows...you can't load multiple images using the multiimage control from a network drive (seems to be some kinda speed issue, so it's not supported by xbmc).
loading a single fanart image on the other hand would be no problem.
- efty.edge - 2009-07-12 00:02
Wow, does it mean that is it possible to use a cdart.png in an album folder on an smb share!? Nice to hear ...
If you are right - i'll be your biggest fan.
- reaven - 2009-07-12 01:25
ronie Wrote:@reaven: i just found out if you use the largeimage control you can load an image from a smb drive. so i could work for the cdart.png images.
I will test it then, you said change the control form image to largeimage then.
- struisje - 2009-07-12 22:02
thanks a lot.
I changed a few things for my htpc
- Removed the top bar with the codec information
- Made sure the backdrops fill the screen completely
- Removed the curve from artist, album, title information, removed remaining time.
- Lowered track title and number to the botttom of the album cover
- changed font sizes to make it more readable on my screen.
If anyone is interested in the modified xml file, just send me a pm and i will send it to you
- reaven - 2009-07-13 01:02
Quote:Awesome mod,lol, am glad you at least use it.
- panzaeron - 2009-07-13 10:18
Nice mod, I like it
to support this mod, i have made some cdart for the gallery to all AC/DC and Metallica fans:
Metallica and AC/DC CDArt
- reaven - 2009-07-13 10:38
- struisje - 2009-07-13 19:41
panzaeron Wrote:Nice mod, I like it
How do you get the AC/DC fanart to show up?
I can't use a slash in the foldername (windows) so I can only name it AC-DC or ACDC...
- joebrady - 2009-07-13 19:46
The ID3 tag of your music needs to be in the same format as your foldername I believe. (i.e. - whatever XBMC shows as the artist name needs to be the same as the folder name)
I ran into that same problem w/ AC/DC