Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- billyad2000 - 2009-07-30

Changes for New version 3.079
  • New Feature - Double clicking a movie in the listbox will now play it, playback settings are now enabled.
  • New Feature - Cache is now working and should be more stable than previous versions (gen1), enable it in the preferences, subsequent startups are almost instantaneous (All movies are listed, even if the path is not available, but unable to edit until path is again available.) Use movies/rebuild to fix any issues, should only be required if movies have been moved or deleted
  • New Feature - New Filter has been added for list of Duplicates (Experimental, searches by IMDB ID)

• Bugfix - Changing view from title, foldername and filename would not list according to (a-z) sortorder
  • Bugfix - Paths containing "&" would not be listed
  • Bugfix - Various attempts to address several stability issues encountered by some

• Other - Controls disabled when viewing zoomed fanart & poster on main screen
  • Other - Movie list is now updated when folders are added or removed from the preferences
  • Other - Information passed to spash screen with loading progress
Download Version 3.079

Just overwrite the previous version, ( the config will remain compatable only if you are upgrading from version 3.xxx).

Many thanks to everyone for the bug reports, keep them coming (Not to many though Smile)

- CiXel - 2009-07-31

.79 makes the error go away Laugh... but since unzipping and running, I can't get .72 all the way down to .32 to throw the error. Ugh. I tried. But I guess that's good right?

- Geeba - 2009-07-31

Hmmm... 079 doesnt work in Server 2K3 (WHS) Huh got earlier versions working after installing .NET but 079 is fast! scans all the folders fine but scrapper stops on first new movie added....

- billyad2000 - 2009-07-31

Geeba Wrote:Hmmm... 079 doesnt work in Server 2K3 (WHS) Huh got earlier versions working after installing .NET but 079 is fast! scans all the folders fine but scrapper stops on first new movie added....

Im looking into it now, it appears to be an issue with the IMPA poster scraper

I will hopefully have it fixed by the end of sunday

- billyad2000 - 2009-07-31

billyad2000 Wrote:Im looking into it now, it appears to be an issue with the IMPA poster scraper

I will hopefully have it fixed by the end of sunday

Strike that last post, it seems that I am the victim of a multithreading issue, I have a monitor.enter statement that is not releasing a thread causing the hang. I am not sure of the cause, if neccesary I can double the code up, but I would rather not. Either way, I will have it fixed by sunday night.

- billyad2000 - 2009-08-01

Changes for version 3.080
  • Just a single bugfix for this one, Version 3.079 had an issue which caused the scraper thread to become deadlocked.
Download Version 3.080

Just overwrite the previous version, ( the config will remain compatable only if you are upgrading from version 3.xxx).

Many thanks to everyone for the bug reports, keep them coming (Not to many though Smile)

- crash123 - 2009-08-01

billyad2000 Wrote:This thread has been locked, please use the appropriate forums for discussion, bug reports, advice etc
Ah copy & paste has failed us again Laugh. Thanks man that fixed it.

- billyad2000 - 2009-08-01

crash123 Wrote:Ah copy & paste has failed us again Laugh. Thanks man that fixed it.

What can I say, yesterday was a very long day.Big Grin

- Geeba - 2009-08-01

Awesome!!!! Thanks Billy!!! works like a CHARM!

- woodworker - 2009-08-01

Hi Billy just a quick not to let you know I have over 1000 movies and tv shows on my server. and I have never had a problem. I keep downloading all the new version's and everything works great.Thanks for a great product.

Reguards
Gary

- Livin - 2009-08-02

Billy,
You might want to keep the 1st post updated... might be easier for both new & exisiting users to know what to DL.

- billyad2000 - 2009-08-02

Livin Wrote:Billy,
You might want to keep the 1st post updated... might be easier for both new & exisiting users to know what to DL.

Good idea.

- nightspd - 2009-08-02

billyad2000 Wrote:Changes for New version 3.079
  • Bugfix - Changing view from title, foldername and filename would not list according to (a-z) sortorder
  • Bugfix - Paths containing "&" would not be listed
  • Bugfix - Various attempts to address several stability issues encountered by some

Way better, works like a charm, thanks for fixing the '&' issue billy.

-c

- tungmeister - 2009-08-03

would it be possible to use this just to scrape trailer urls? up to now i've been using media info plus and have scraped all my movies and they are fully set up, just lacking a trailer url as MIP dosn't have the feature implemented. When i load my movies into media companion every movie is shown twice, if i go onto the batch rescraper wizard and check only the trailer box and click start update nothing happens, batch scraping movies is shown at the bottom but the films remaining count never lowers.

- billyad2000 - 2009-08-03

tungmeister Wrote:would it be possible to use this just to scrape trailer urls? up to now i've been using media info plus and have scraped all my movies and they are fully set up, just lacking a trailer url as MIP dosn't have the feature implemented. When i load my movies into media companion every movie is shown twice, if i go onto the batch rescraper wizard and check only the trailer box and click start update nothing happens, batch scraping movies is shown at the bottom but the films remaining count never lowers.

The wizard is supposed to do that.

I fixed an issue that caused duplicates a while ago. What version are you using?