Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- guybrusht - 2009-08-20

Billy,

Great work and speed. Love your work. A couple of points (some bug related/some organization/some feature requests):

1. I have MC installed on my HTPC. As such, I use large fonts (a DPI of 130%) so that I can read text on the TV. Some programs do not play nice with this and MC is one of them. See red circles below. Is it possible for this to be fixed? The settings pages have the same problem where I have to move the window around the screen to get to what I want. It would be great if (i) you could fix how text is re-sized in the main window (especially Votes and Rating); and (ii) if we could re-size the the settings window and have the text get closer together.

2. I think a revisit to the home screen layout is in order. There is just too much wasted space. The poster and fan art are tiny. I suggest the following layout. As you see, I have moved things around quite a bit. As it is always easier to read text vertically, you will see that i have minimized the number of lines that go on forever horizontally. The filter reset is moved as a tiny button between the search field and genre filter.

Feature requests:

1. Profiles. Coming soon I hope?

2. Possible to scrape related movies field?

3. Possible to scrape languages field?

4. Ditch the title search field and stay with the text filter.

5. Display rating next to title and year.

- billyad2000 - 2009-08-23

Changes for version 3.093

Not a great deal happening at the moment, As i've said the last few weeks i've been too busy to get a great deal done.

For those that are interested I will try to get TV Show support completed in the next couple of weeks, aswell as one or two other things such as profiles.

This release is primarily an update of the GUI (many thanks to emagin over at XBMC for the suggestions), it's not quite finished, my goal is to elimenate the menu bar and replace it completely with tabs, most functions with the exception of the preferences all happen on the main form now so it should be much more fluid to use.
  • New Feature - GUI Update
  • New Feature - Runtime can now be taken from medianfo as long as the HD Tags option is enabled.

• Bugfix - "dvd5" not included in the filename filter
Download Version 3.093

Just overwrite the previous version, ( the config will remain compatable only if you are upgrading from version 3.xxx).

Many thanks to everyone for the bug reports, keep them coming (Not to many though Smile)

- gabbott - 2009-08-24

Just updated to the newest build, 3.093, but I'm not finding a button or option anywhere to search for new titles.

- billyad2000 - 2009-08-24

Changes to new version 3.094

Single fix this time

I accidentally removed the scan for new media button Blush

Download Version 3.094

Just overwrite the previous version, ( the config will remain compatable only if you are upgrading from version 3.xxx).

Many thanks to everyone for the bug reports, keep them coming (Not to many though Smile)

- tvieson - 2009-08-24

As always, good work Billy and I am sure I speak for a lot of users when I say were excited about the upcoming TV Support.

10x for this wonderful app - Shakty - 2009-08-25

the add root folder and single folder in tv shows preferences does not open the browse controller...

- billyad2000 - 2009-08-26

Support for tv shows is coming soon

- billyad2000 - 2009-08-27

New version 3.098
  • Added - option to prefix runtimes less than 100 with 0 (or 00 if less than 10 minutes) This is enabled from the General scraper preferences and will only work for files that have the basic runtime information, eg "5 min" or "94 mins" or "80 minutes" (The space is not needed). Runtime fields such as "132 min | 144 min (extended version)" will be untouched unless they are edited. It is suggested that HD tags are used since this allows the runtime field to be populated from the length of the media file irrelevant of the version.
  • Added - Log for the batch movie scraper, enabled or disabled from the preferences

• Bugfix - Movies that had an accompanying rar file (eg subs) that was named the same as the media file would not scrape if the rar file was smaller than that set for rar files in the preferences, this may well account for some of these missing movies.
  • Bugfix - rebuild didn't work when folders were removed until after restart

Download Version 3.098

- Kilack - 2009-09-02

Getting an error when it tries to scan one particular movie..

"Error encountered at stage 24

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an isntance of an object at Media_Companion.workingwithnfofiles.savemovieinfo(String filenameandpath fullmoviedetails movietosave, Boolean overwrite)

It then adds it but no info about it, when i go to change movie on it, it says it cant find the path..

in 3.098

- Kilack - 2009-09-02

New error Smile

When I try and edit an existing movie, and click change once I find the new one, it asks if i want to overwrite the data, I click yes..
then... boom!

http://pastebin.com/m7bcfb9c8

Feature request - Kilack - 2009-09-02

The xbox might never get native media flagging.
The problem I have is that I use both the xbox and a htpc for xbmc.
My collection of HD material is increasing.. Sometimes when I try and watch a movie I click on the HD one which can sometimes almost lock up xbmc on the xbox.
What would be good is an option for MIP to append to the movie name the HD flags etc so we can at least see in the name if its HD or not and know to avoid playing it..

so you might have listed in the title
Last of the Mohicans [720P] [AC3]
or something like that..

- Geeba - 2009-09-03

Sit your HD material behind PS3Mediaserver - Xbox can play transcoded on the fly scene rips just fine...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50515&page=2

- sparkyjay23 - 2009-09-08

billyad2000 Wrote:As for TV Show capability, they are almost here, the main browser is now completed and its just a case of adding scraping functionality. Check it out at the link below.

http://billyad2000.darkbb.com/announcements-f1/progress-report-6th-september-2009-t653.htm

YAY nearly there - good job fella

- billyad2000 - 2009-09-08

sparkyjay23 Wrote:YAY nearly there - good job fella

Yep, almost there,

Started on the TVDB scraper library today,

The TV Show selection tab is now functioning, although some of the features are not yet enabled.

Just a matter of downloading the information for individual episodes and tv shows from the TVDB API, should be a piece of cake, the only thing slowing me down is the fiddly bits, working with multipart nfo's etc.

I'm going away on holiday in a couple of weeks, and want to get the main functionality up and running, and that includes browsing and scraping new Shows/Episodes (Browsing is now working great). I would also like have posters and fanart selection tabs done by then, but I make no promises since i've also got a nasty end of course assignment that I want to complete before I go away.

- flipped cracker - 2009-09-10

any way to scrape from xbmcstuff.com too? clearart and stuff.