Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- bobrap - 2009-10-19

Thanks for the reply about the update. I still wonder...When I add a source drive, do I have to add each show individually through TV show selector?

Actor Thumbs not downloading - Rastan - 2009-10-19

I am using Media Companion gen2 3.128 and I have noticed that for the last few builds the Actor thumbs havent been downloading. Wheras they were before.

My settings in MC in preferences -> General scraper I have ticked "Enable save actor thumbs". I left the two path settings alone, but had noticed before when the actor thumbs were working in previous builds that the actor thumbs were saved in the root of my c partition in folders e.g "00, 01, 02, 03" etc. Am I right in assuming that if you told MC a local path it would put them all in there?

Also does anyone know what I am supposed to put in "XBMC path"? I cannot seem to find where the actors are supposed to be in XBMC installed on my pc. Or do I create my own folder in XBMC?

Other than that Great app and very simple to use and effective! Big Grin

- billyad2000 - 2009-10-19

Rastan Wrote:I am using Media Companion gen2 3.128 and I have noticed that for the last few builds the Actor thumbs havent been downloading. Wheras they were before.

My settings in MC in preferences -> General scraper I have ticked "Enable save actor thumbs". I left the two path settings alone, but had noticed before when the actor thumbs were working in previous builds that the actor thumbs were saved in the root of my c partition in folders e.g "00, 01, 02, 03" etc. Am I right in assuming that if you told MC a local path it would put them all in there?

Also does anyone know what I am supposed to put in "XBMC path"? I cannot seem to find where the actors are supposed to be in XBMC installed on my pc. Or do I create my own folder in XBMC?

Other than that Great app and very simple to use and effective! Big Grin

The save actor thumbs is to be honest a bit of a hack that saves XBMC needing to dl them whenever you import the nfo's

The local path is the path where the nfo's will be stored, eg.
C:\Actors
The XBMC path depends on where XBMC is compared to Media Companion
If XBMC is on the same PC as Media Companion then the XBMC path will be the same as the local path

Where it gets tricky is when XBMC is not located on the same machine, in order for xbmc to access the thumbs it needs to know the path to the thumbs from where it is.

In my case the path is
smb://ADAMSON764393;username:password@home83d89efefaa/actors

Hope this helps

- billyad2000 - 2009-10-19

bobrap Wrote:Thanks for the reply about the update. I still wonder...When I add a source drive, do I have to add each show individually through TV show selector?

Yes, if there is no valid tvshow.nfo file then you will have to scrape the all the shows when you add them.

Once a tvshow.nfo file has been created with the tv show selector then even if you remove the folders you wont need to scrape them again to add them.

- tvieson - 2009-10-20

Just got my first opportunity to tryout the new TV Stuff. Like what you've done Billy. Good work as always, haven't run into any bugs. Waiting on the ability to change season thumbs and show thumbs, but for the most part works great.

As a suggestion for a future update. On the TV Shows folder preferences. I used the root directory option. Problems is if I add a TV Show into the folder, I have to manually add the folder. Can you add an option to rescan the root directory or perhaps an option, that when you reopen Media Companion, if the app detects a new folder with a new series, it prompts to add it to the list.

Which leads me to another suggestion, one thing I like about the old version of media companion was when I added the root folder, it immediately started the scan identification of the TV Shows automatically. Were as now I had to go three each one it detected one by one and select the TV Show. Miss this feature Billy.

At any rate keep up the good work. I have no bugs to report at this time.

- bionic1234 - 2009-10-20

billyad2000 Wrote:The save actor thumbs is to be honest a bit of a hack that saves XBMC needing to dl them whenever you import the nfo's

The local path is the path where the nfo's will be stored, eg.
C:\Actors
The XBMC path depends on where XBMC is compared to Media Companion
If XBMC is on the same PC as Media Companion then the XBMC path will be the same as the local path

Where it gets tricky is when XBMC is not located on the same machine, in order for xbmc to access the thumbs it needs to know the path to the thumbs from where it is.

In my case the path is
smb://ADAMSON764393;username:password@home83d89efefaa/actors

Hope this helps

Definitely something a little strange going on, the actors appear to be saving to the assigned folder, but Media Companion Gen2 is displaying "No Actor Thumb Available".

- Rastan - 2009-10-20

Thanks for the clearing that up Billy. I now understand how the actors work Nod Unfortunately I am experiencing the same issue bionic1234 has. It seems to be scraping the actors but they are not being displayed. Keep up the good work, its more than appreciated!

- azido - 2009-10-20

@billyad2000:

do you still supply the "gen1" version of your app?

i'd like to edit my tv shows outside of MIP and XBMC and your old version was the only one i was able to do that.

- billyad2000 - 2009-10-21

azido Wrote:@billyad2000:

do you still supply the "gen1" version of your app?

i'd like to edit my tv shows outside of MIP and XBMC and your old version was the only one i was able to do that.

gen2 now does tv shows, with the exception of poster selection and that will be added by the end of the week.

- slicemaster - 2009-10-21

Billy, you have done some really good work!

However, I just though I would through out some of the SERIOUS bugs I have found…TV scraping is perfect and I have never had any problems with it as of late. However, TV scraping leaves something to be…well it just doesn’t work quite right…I know the software is fee and I know you work on it in your free time but I would like to contribute so that it can be the best it possibly can be…

So here is some really bunky behavior that I have noticed that simply makes the software unusable for my purposes…

I store all my TV shows in ISO image files with the standard XBMC naming convention…

Example: BLACKADDER_s01e01-e02-e03-e04-e05-e06.ISO

However it appears that your software has a bug in the fact that it will not scrape all the episode data that should be… in all cases it will only scrape the first 2 episodes information…

With regards to the case above it will only scrape season 1 episode 1 and 2 data…I looked at the nfo in notepad and nothing about the other represented episode is there…not even blank fields!

Just though I would mention it and I hope you can fix it soon…like I said this problem affects all my TV show files (multi episode ISO files)

Thanks,
Slice

P.S. Keep up the good work!

- billyad2000 - 2009-10-21

slicemaster Wrote:Billy, you have done some really good work!

However, I just though I would through out some of the SERIOUS bugs I have found…TV scraping is perfect and I have never had any problems with it as of late. However, TV scraping leaves something to be…well it just doesn’t work quite right…I know the software is fee and I know you work on it in your free time but I would like to contribute so that it can be the best it possibly can be…

So here is some really bunky behavior that I have noticed that simply makes the software unusable for my purposes…

I store all my TV shows in ISO image files with the standard XBMC naming convention…

Example: BLACKADDER_s01e01-e02-e03-e04-e05-e06.ISO

However it appears that your software has a bug in the fact that it will not scrape all the episode data that should be… in all cases it will only scrape the first 2 episodes information…

With regards to the case above it will only scrape season 1 episode 1 and 2 data…I looked at the nfo in notepad and nothing about the other represented episode is there…not even blank fields!

Just though I would mention it and I hope you can fix it soon…like I said this problem affects all my TV show files (multi episode ISO files)

Thanks,
Slice

P.S. Keep up the good work!

I've just fixed this, I don't think I'll have time today, but I'll try to get a new build uploaded tomorrow.

- bobrap - 2009-10-23

Just wondering if there was something special i need to do to download tv banners instead of posters. I change settings to banners, but, it doesn't seem to have any effect.:confused2:

Never mind, saw post that it's not working.

- rudeboyx - 2009-10-23

bobrap Wrote:Just wondering if there was something special i need to do to download tv banners instead of posters. I change settings to banners, but, it doesn't seem to have any effect.:confused2:

Never mind, saw post that it's not working.

still scrapes banners, just dosent save it in the main prefrences

on the "Select TV Series" screen, selesct "banner" just before scraping TV series.

- fanclub - 2009-10-24

Hi Billy,

I have used your program to keep my movie collection organised for months but have only recently (today) started using it to scrape tv episodes. I must say that my first time experience is just as hassle-free and straight-forward as movies is - well done!

I am posting with a possible MC/XBMC bug and a small MC feature request, so I'll split it up like that.

XBMC/MC BUG
===========

I'm pretty sure that this is a problem with XBMC and not MC, but I'll post here just in case...

After using MC to successfully detect and scrape TV shows with "special episodes" in them, I cannot get XBMC to display the season thumb for the specials.

The special episodes are properly identified and scraped by MC, and XBMC imports them properly (except the season thumb)

I am storing the show like this:
D:\TV Shows\Show Name\Show.Name.Season.00.DVDRip.x264
D:\TV Shows\Show Name\Show.Name.Season.01.DVDRip.x264
D:\TV Shows\Show Name\Show.Name.Season.02.DVDRip.x264

After updating the XBMC library, the season01.tbn and season02.tbn episode thumbs are working for season 1 and 2 but the "Specials" season isnt liking season00.tbn

Any idea what is going on here?

FEATURE REQUEST
==============

Any chance we could have MC scrape a season-all.tbn season thumb from thetvdb.com posters section of that particular show? XBMC uses this thumb on the "ALL" menu item when you are browsing the seasons for a show (stacking must be disabled to see it).

That's it!

Keep up the great work Billy!

- billyad2000 - 2009-10-24

fanclub Wrote:Hi Billy,

I have used your program to keep my movie collection organised for months but have only recently (today) started using it to scrape tv episodes. I must say that my first time experience is just as hassle-free and straight-forward as movies is - well done!

I am posting with a possible MC/XBMC bug and a small MC feature request, so I'll split it up like that.

XBMC/MC BUG
===========
After updating the XBMC library, the season01.tbn and season02.tbn episode thumbs are working for season 1 and 2 but the "Specials" season isnt liking season00.tbn

Any idea what is going on here?

To be honest I have no idea why it's not working, to my knowledge "season00.tbn" is the correct naming convention.

It may be worth you mentioning this in the xbmc bugs forum.
fanclub Wrote:FEATURE REQUEST
==============

Any chance we could have MC scrape a season-all.tbn season thumb from thetvdb.com posters section of that particular show? XBMC uses this thumb on the "ALL" menu item when you are browsing the seasons for a show (stacking must be disabled to see it).

This would not be an issue, but i'm a little confused as to what should be actually downloaded for this, is it not just the same as folder.jpg, and does xbmc not default to this if season-all.tbn does not exist. If this is the case then it seems a bit of a waste to download the same thumb twice.