Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- HexusOdy - 2009-10-29

Bug Report

In the poster scraper when you scrape posters for a show the first one works fine, but when you go to the next show the options it gives you are tied to the first show you scraped.

For example. I scraped Bones and redid the Show and Season posters. I have Season 3,4 and 5 of Bones.

When I then go to the next show, Burn Notice, it still says Bones in the show name, the poster options in the drop down related to Bones (S3,S4,S5) yet if I scrape the show poster it does scrape Burn Notice posters.

This happens even if I rebuild TV shows. The only way to get it to do another show correctly is to close MC and restart between each show.

- HexusOdy - 2009-10-29

Also one feature I'd love to see back is "Scrape missing episode thumbs" as often I've downloaded and scraped a new episode before there's been time for a thumb to get on TVDB.

- billyad2000 - 2009-10-29

HexusOdy Wrote:Bug Report

In the poster scraper when you scrape posters for a show the first one works fine, but when you go to the next show the options it gives you are tied to the first show you scraped.

For example. I scraped Bones and redid the Show and Season posters. I have Season 3,4 and 5 of Bones.

When I then go to the next show, Burn Notice, it still says Bones in the show name, the poster options in the drop down related to Bones (S3,S4,S5) yet if I scrape the show poster it does scrape Burn Notice posters.

This happens even if I rebuild TV shows. The only way to get it to do another show correctly is to close MC and restart between each show.

Fixed for the next build

HexusOdy Wrote:Also one feature I'd love to see back is "Scrape missing episode thumbs" as often I've downloaded and scraped a new episode before there's been time for a thumb to get on TVDB.

This will come, I just want to spend a bit of time working the bugs out of the current program.

New Release Build 3.135

A number of bugfixes have been reported since Sunday, this build addresses most of them.

Changes since version 3.135
  • Missing TV Art would raise exception
  • Changed TV Folder Parser
  • <aspect> tag added to streamdetails
  • After browsing posters, changing the show in the main browser would keep previous show details
  • Searching for TV Posters on IMDB would result with an exception if no IMDB ID is available
  • Season-all default preference can now be added to preferences
  • If closed when minimised would result in MC opening off screen
  • Various other issues raising exceptions have been addressed

I intend to spend the next few weeks just fixing bugs, Keep the reports coming, if a bug you have encountered has been fixed then please say so.

Download Version 3.139

Just overwrite the previous version, ( the config will remain compatible only if you are upgrading from version 3.xxx).[b]

- RockDawg - 2009-10-30

billyad2000 Wrote:Use the drop-down TV Menu and rebuild the db,

I Can't say why the cache is not saving, is MC in a location with write permissions.

I say this because people sometimes put MC in their programs folder which in Vista has no write permissions for MC. In the near future I will be allowing the option for MC to be installed there though.

I have tried that. In fact, I just deleted all the old versions of MC I had and downloaded 3.139. I extracted it to C:\Users\Kevin\Downloads\Media Companion gen2 3.139\ and ran it. It rebuilt the TV db and again the episodes are missing. By the way, I'm running Windows 7.

- billyad2000 - 2009-10-30

RockDawg Wrote:I have tried that. In fact, I just deleted all the old versions of MC I had and downloaded 3.139. I extracted it to C:\Users\Kevin\Downloads\Media Companion gen2 3.139\ and ran it. It rebuilt the TV db and again the episodes are missing. By the way, I'm running Windows 7.

I'm looking very hard at this issue, you are the 2nd person that has encountered it and it has me puzzled.

Out of curiosity.

Is the file "tvcache.xml" being created, it should be located in "C:\Users\Kevin\Downloads\Media Companion gen2 3.139\settings"

Windows 7 is not the cause, MC, as of Sunday is being developed on W7.

Could you check that the episode nfo's that you scraped are valid. And have you tried recreating a tvshow.nfo with MC gen2.

I have files on my local PC and on a NAS and cannot duplicate this issue, I am going to increase the logging within this problem area for the next build, hopefully I can find out what is happening.

Out of curiosity, could you give me the full path and filename of one of the nfo files that is not found.

- RockDawg - 2009-10-30

Yes, the tvcache.xml does exist and, as expected, it doesn't contain any of the missing episodes. I tried deleting the tvshow.nfo for one of shows with missing episodes and it didn't help. MC rescrapes the show but still shows no episodes.

Here is the contents on an nfo file for a missing episode:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<episodedetails>
  <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <video>
        <width>720</width>
        <height>480</height>
        <codec>
        </codec>
        <format>
        </format>
        <duration>
        </duration>
        <bitrate>8 802 Kbps</bitrate>
        <bitratemode>Constant</bitratemode>
        <bitratemax>
        </bitratemax>
        <container>.iso</container>
        <codecid>
        </codecid>
        <codecidinfo>
        </codecidinfo>
        <scantype>TFF</scantype>
      </video>
      <audio>
        <language>
        </language>
        <codec>AC-3</codec>
        <channels>2</channels>
        <bitrate>192 Kbps</bitrate>
      </audio>
      <subtitle />
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
  <title>Brains and Eggs</title>
  <season>1</season>
  <episode>1</episode>
  <aired>1996-01-09</aired>
  <plot>Solomon discovers that human bodies can produce feelings, and he's feeling attracted to a college professor with whom he shares an office.</plot>
  <playcount>0</playcount>
  <director>James Burrows</director>
  <credits>Bonnie Turner / Terry Turner</credits>
  <rating>8</rating>
  <runtime>
  </runtime>
  <actor>
    <name>Jennifer Rhodes</name>
    <role>
    </role>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Marnette Patterson</name>
    <role>
    </role>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Susan Leslie</name>
    <role>
    </role>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Dan Gilvezan</name>
    <role>
    </role>
  </actor>
</episodedetails>

- steve1977 - 2009-10-31

HexusOdy Wrote:Also one feature I'd love to see back is "Scrape missing episode thumbs" as often I've downloaded and scraped a new episode before there's been time for a thumb to get on TVDB.

This would indeed be terrific. True for episode thumbs and also the corresponding episode description.

Also, have one more feature request: would it be possible to have MC2 create a list of the seasons/episodes that I am missing in my collection?

Again, thanks for the fantastic work!!!

- steve1977 - 2009-10-31

Was trying to change the season thumb, but somehow I dont succeed to do so. Anyone has an idea how to do so? Thanks in advance!!!

- billyad2000 - 2009-10-31

RockDawg Wrote:Yes, the tvcache.xml does exist and, as expected, it doesn't contain any of the missing episodes. I tried deleting the tvshow.nfo for one of shows with missing episodes and it didn't help. MC rescrapes the show but still shows no episodes.

The nfo file is valid and works for me,

I will upload a build today with logging, hopefully it will show exactly what is happening.

- steve1977 - 2009-10-31

Was hoping for support of "dual-episodes" (e.g., S01E0102) as supported by XBMC. Any chance to see this anytime soon?

- vbat99 - 2009-11-01

steve1977 Wrote:Was hoping for support of "dual-episodes" (e.g., S01E0102) as supported by XBMC. Any chance to see this anytime soon?

This is supported, just set the filename to S01E01E01 (Extra E), otherwise it would look for episode 102.

- steve1977 - 2009-11-01

vbat99 Wrote:This is supported, just set the filename to S01E01E01 (Extra E), otherwise it would look for episode 102.

Great to hear. I just had to change from S01E0102 to add the "extra E" and now it is working.

One more question: are special episodes (as seen on TVDB) already supported?

- crash123 - 2009-11-01

steve1977 Wrote:One more question: are special episodes (as seen on TVDB) already supported?
Yes I believe they are season 0.