Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- RockDawg - 2009-11-02

billyad2000 Wrote:My basic test config has 17 Different TV Shows from my NAS, but one of my config files has 29 Shows and it has not presented the issue you are having.

Could you give me the exact filename of one of the nfo's that are not seen.

I'll give you an exact filename when I get home this evening.

Quote:Am I right in thinking that the first 11 shows within the xml work correctly, and if you change the order then the shows that work change.

While I haven't compared to the xml, but when compared to the folders list in the settings, then yes that is what happens except that when the order is changed on the list it also changes HOW MANY shows work correctly. If you look at my now corrected screen shots above, you can see that one has 11 shows working fine while the other has 13 shows that work.

Quote:If so then I have no Idea.

MC uses "Dim tvshowlist As New List(Of tvshownfo)"
and as such has no limits other than RAM, in my test setup I have 1300movies 17 TV shows and 1321 episodes. The RAM useage is about 38MB, i'm not sure what the effect would be if there was not enough system RAM, I assume that the page file would have to be used, or errors would be encountered. Either way, I doubt there are many people who have less than 1GB nowadays.

I have 2GB of RAM on that machine.

- tvieson - 2009-11-02

Hey Billy, got a bug to report, but it will probably be a simple fix for you.

When using the fanart browser for TV Shows. The fanart listed is blurry. Now when you select the image and hit "save selected" the main image in the center of the screen appears like it should. Now the fanart under movies and everything else works fine.

Other than that, everything is working great for me. Keep up the good work man.

- billyad2000 - 2009-11-03

tvieson Wrote:Hey Billy, got a bug to report, but it will probably be a simple fix for you.

When using the fanart browser for TV Shows. The fanart listed is blurry. Now when you select the image and hit "save selected" the main image in the center of the screen appears like it should. Now the fanart under movies and everything else works fine.

Other than that, everything is working great for me. Keep up the good work man.

That is deliberate and unfortunatley neccessary. The list of fanarts are low quality preview images, TVDB is not the fastest website in the world, and to download multiple full resolution images would simply take too long.

Double clicking one of the preview images will download the full resolution image for you to view.

RockDawg Wrote:I'll give you an exact filename when I get home this evening.

While I haven't compared to the xml, but when compared to the folders list in the settings, then yes that is what happens except that when the order is changed on the list it also changes HOW MANY shows work correctly. If you look at my now corrected screen shots above, you can see that one has 11 shows working fine while the other has 13 shows that work.

I have 2GB of RAM on that machine.

I am wondering if there is a single show that is causing a problem, could you try adding the folders one at a time and seeing if they list ok. When you add one that doesn't load then remove it and try adding another. It may be that there is an issue with one or two shows that is effecting the whole process.

fanclub Wrote:Billy I haven't done much Win32 application development but I'm thinking that the problem may be to do with the ampersand symbol (&)

RockDawg what happens if you remove Law & Order as a source? If my prediction is correct it should now work until it hits Brothers & Sisters.

When creating menus in programs, the keyboard shortcut key for that particular entry is preceded with an ampersand. ie: ALT + F, ALT + E and ALT + V are the keyboard shortcuts to bring up the File, Edit and View menus. Those names are set in the application by adding an ampersand before the shortcut key's letter: &File, &Edit and &View. I'm using Opera web browser and that has a Widgets menu - it would be set as Wid&gets

Anyway to the point: MC may be seeing the ampersand in directories like "Law & Order" as described above and in turn looking for a directory called "Law__Order" (replace __ with double space, cant do double space in html without &nbsp). This, in turn, might be throwing out the whole process somehow

If this is not the case, sorry for the distraction (but it got you all thinking!) Smile

Sorry about the delay in replying to this, I somehow missed it until it ended up in my inbox Rolleyes

I don't think that the & is an issue in paths, I myself have a show with such a path ("Lois & Clark") and it causes no problems.

- afail - 2009-11-03

Just wanted to thank you for your efforts. The TVDB changes have killed XMM and with Ember being out of the game, we all owe you a huge thank you.

I just checked out Gen2 for the first time, looks great! Should I be able to download episode TV Fanart yet? Couldn't figure it out.

Keep up the great work.

afail Wrote:Just wanted to thank you for your efforts. The TVDB changes have killed XMM and with Ember being out of the game, we all owe you a huge thank you.

I just checked out Gen2 for the first time, looks great! Should I be able to download episode TV Fanart yet? Couldn't figure it out.

Keep up the great work.

Are you referring to the episode screenshot?

If so, then it will be a few more days before it is enabled, the weekend at the latest, as with gen1 users will have the option to download the image from TVDB or create their own using ffmpeg.

- RockDawg - 2009-11-04

I tried MC on my wife's Vista laptop and it works fine. I set up everything the exact same way as my Win 7 desktop and it works. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I'm running the beta release candidate 7100 (I think). I don't know, but I wish I could figure it out because I do all my stuff from my desktop so while my wife's laptop works in a pinch, it's far from convenient.

- afail - 2009-11-04

billyad2000 Wrote:Are you referring to the episode screenshot?

If so, then it will be a few more days before it is enabled, the weekend at the latest, as with gen1 users will have the option to download the image from TVDB or create their own using ffmpeg.

Thanks! Great work

- billyad2000 - 2009-11-04

RockDawg Wrote:I tried MC on my wife's Vista laptop and it works fine. I set up everything the exact same way as my Win 7 desktop and it works. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I'm running the beta release candidate 7100 (I think). I don't know, but I wish I could figure it out because I do all my stuff from my desktop so while my wife's laptop works in a pinch, it's far from convenient.

Thats just wierd.

Media Companion is now being developed on Windows 7 professional (x64), although it is compiled for x86 cpu's, so I can assure you that the retail version has no such issue.

Maybe you could try installing the latest .net, it is compiled with .net 3.5
The exact build I am using comes with Windows 7 and is 3.5.7283

- RockDawg - 2009-11-04

Ok, I'll give it a try.

- Ayala - 2009-11-04

these are the times I miss windows!

- BlackFlag79 - 2009-11-05

Hi, great program Smile

Not sure if this has been reported (tried doing a couple searches, and couldn't find anything about it).

When I try to change a movie through the IMDB tab, it crashes every time.

I'm using Windows 7, 64-bit.

This is the error message from the "changemovie.log" file.

Code:
Parsing xml actorlist

working with actor thumbnails

Getting media tags

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Media_Companion.Form1.Button21_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

End of log

Sorry if this has been reported already. Everything else works great Smile

- foodbag - 2009-11-05

I am having the same problem as RockDawg where only certain shows have a plus symbol next to them in the main browser. I too am running the RC of Windows 7 x64. However, I found that when I mount the samba shares from my NAS on an ubuntu box I have, then create samba shares from the ubuntu box, the tv shows in the main browser all are expandable as they should be if I add the shares generated from my ubuntu box's samba server to the shares list in MC. Perhaps it has something to do with the samba server on the nas itself. My nas is running unraid 4.4.2.

Hope this helps

- billyad2000 - 2009-11-05

BlackFlag79 Wrote:Hi, great program Smile

Not sure if this has been reported (tried doing a couple searches, and couldn't find anything about it).

When I try to change a movie through the IMDB tab, it crashes every time.

I'm using Windows 7, 64-bit.

This is the error message from the "changemovie.log" file.

Code:
Parsing xml actorlist

working with actor thumbnails

Getting media tags

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Media_Companion.Form1.Button21_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

End of log

Sorry if this has been reported already. Everything else works great Smile

This error has been reported, but not since I added the log to track it down, one of the few remaining bugs I had yet to identify.

Will have it fixed for the next build Smile