Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- billyad2000 - 2009-11-05

foodbag Wrote:I am having the same problem as RockDawg where only certain shows have a plus symbol next to them in the main browser. I too am running the RC of Windows 7 x64. However, I found that when I mount the samba shares from my NAS on an ubuntu box I have, then create samba shares from the ubuntu box, the tv shows in the main browser all are expandable as they should be if I add the shares generated from my ubuntu box's samba server to the shares list in MC. Perhaps it has something to do with the samba server on the nas itself. My nas is running unraid 4.4.2.

Hope this helps

To be honest I have given up on this problem pending further information.

I myself have a NAS and it works as expected using Windows 7 Pro (Retail)

RockDawg also found that MC worked as expected when using the exact same setup on Windows XP.

I have ripped the code to bits searching for the issue, and while I did encounter and fix one error it seemed unrelated to this, at this moment this is an error that I think is outside of MC itself, perhaps related to a problem with the RC of W7 since both of you are using that.

- afail - 2009-11-05

is there a way to write <sorttitle> into the nfo file?

Regarding: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=60889

afail Wrote:is there a way to write <sorttitle> into the nfo file?

Regarding: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=60889

I'll change the tag from the next build.

- afail - 2009-11-05

billyad2000 Wrote:I'll change the tag from the next build.

Awesome thanks!

Will the "rebuild nfo" thing fix it then?

I guess i could do a find replace too Smile

afail Wrote:Awesome thanks!

Will the "rebuild nfo" thing fix it then?

I guess i could do a find replace too Smile

The rebuild nfo only updates the internal DB if it becomes out of date or broken, caused by changes external to Media Companion, such as deleted or renamed files.

I am adding a function that will deal with the issue fairly quickly.

The new menu item is called "Rebuild Movie nfo files", simply put, it loads each movie in the DB and then saves it.
If something like the tags have changed then they will be all be fixed. It is a fairly quick process (I've just done 1300 movies on my NAS in about 50seconds) At the moment it does hog the program as it works and nothing else can be done, but since it is a function that will rarely be used I think that will be fine.

- afail - 2009-11-05

Thanks so much

can't wait till the new release!

- yzeyze - 2009-11-07

Hi Billy,
This is just an idea that I am throwing out there for you, you may think it's crazy, but anyway.....

A friend bought one of those Western Digital TV boxes (WDTV).
When it is in 'thumbnail' mode, it can display thumbnails for TV episodes and DVDs etc, as long as the filenames are in the same format as xbmc uses them.
'show s01e01.avi' with 'show s01e01.jpg'
Also recognizes the folder.jpg file.

The only difference here is that xbmc expects the thumbnails to end in *.tbn, while the wdtv wants them as *.jpg.
(And of course it doesn't use *.nfo files).

Anyway, at the moment I run a batch file when I load up her hard disk that recursively renames all .tbn files to .jpg on her hard disk drive, and everything works really well.
(This process only takes a few minutes on a fully loaded 1TB drive, so it is not a problem for me to run)

Which brought me to my idea to 'market' your fantastic program beyond xbmc and to also another audience - those with the WDTVs.

With just a couple of tick boxes placed in the settings, a user could choose to have the thumbnails output as .jpg or as .tbn (or maybe even as both if people had both) and then without any other user interaction, the program would also be able to provide all the thumbnails for both devices.

The only other difference (in the thumbnail division) is that the 'wide' thumbnails for show names that look so great on the xbmc are really small on the wdtv (as the wdtv does not have a wide thumbnail option), so using 'poster' view for the TV show folder.jpg files is a good idea. (I know you already have this option, so no work needed there).

Anyway, just thought I would throw the idea out there, as your program is the best I have seen, and it seems that you could grab another segment of the media watching world in what seems (to me at least) a trivial addition to your program.

(thanks for listening)

- billyad2000 - 2009-11-07

New version 3.154
  • Bugfix - <sortorder> tag changed to <sorttitle> xbmc does not recognise sortorder
  • Bugfix - Wrong medianfo.dll was included in distribution resulting in incorrect tags
  • Bugfix - Unhandled exception when using the "Change Movie" option
  • Bugfix - When searching for new movies Google was used to find the IMDB ID, this is very accurate, but it seems that google blocks a user after a certain number of searches (In my case it was about 350), this also resulted in no nfo being returned for a movie. This new build limits the ammount of google searches to 50, any more than that will use IMDB's own search engine.
  • Bugfix - Renaming a movie would list movie as starting "The title" instead of "title, The"
  • Bugfix - Filters are disabled when searching for movies missing fanart or posters, the filters were not re-enabled
  • Bugfix - Batch wizard had several issues that have been fixed.
  • Change - min resolution without scrollbars changed to 998x580
  • Change - Scrollbars limited to info tab so that navigation remains
  • Change - blank media nfo tags are no longer added to the nfo file
  • Change - Button added to copy title to sorttitle tag
  • Added - Episode screenshots can now be rescraped or created using ffmpeg, the tab appears when browsing episodes
  • Added - facility to rebuild all nfo files, this is useful in such instances where there there is a problem with the tags, for example, the <sortorder> tag, or blank media nfo tags. Using this option will load each nfo and save it to current parameters. The option is located in the drop down movie menu\Rebuild Movie nfo files.

Updated build on 12th November 09 to include the fixed imdb library, imdb.dll can be downloaded seperately from here

Download Version 3.154

FFmpeg is included in the archive, be sure to also replace the other files, a couple of the other libraries have also been updated.

Just overwrite the previous version, ( the config will remain compatible only if you are upgrading from version 3.xxx).[b]

- yzeyze - 2009-11-08

billyad2000 Wrote:New version 3.154
[*]Change - min resolution without scrollbars changed to 998x580
woooohoo - thankyou so much

edit - just tried - looks excellent - thanks again

- Jesper64 - 2009-11-08

I've been mucking around with Media Companion today. Great program but I'm not sure if I'm doing something incorrectly or whether there's a bug.

Movies are scraping fine but am having some issues with TV shows.

I've added the root folder that my TV Shows are in and MC will pickup all the folder names but won't automatically scrape by folder name. I'm not sure if this is the default behaviour. To add a show I need to individually click on each entry and hit the "TV Show Selector" button.

The second problem I'm having is that after using the "TV Show Selector" and scraping the file it will download fanart, folder.jpg, season thumbnails and tvshow.nfo properly. However, for some reason it generates a .nfo file for each episode with no information. An example of the .nfo file it generates is below.

Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<episodedetails>
<fileinfo>
<streamdetails>
<video>
<width>
</width>
<height>
</height>
<aspect>
</aspect>
<codec>
</codec>
<format>
</format>
<duration>
</duration>
<bitrate>
</bitrate>
<bitratemode>
</bitratemode>
<bitratemax>
</bitratemax>
<container>
</container>
<codecid>
</codecid>
<codecidinfo>
</codecidinfo>
<scantype>
</scantype>
</video>
<subtitle />
</streamdetails>
</fileinfo>
<title>
</title>
<season>2</season>
<episode>6</episode>
<aired>
</aired>
<plot>
</plot>
<playcount>
</playcount>
<director>
</director>
<credits>
</credits>
<rating>
</rating>
<runtime>
</runtime>
</episodedetails>

Even if I click "Search for new episodes" it doesn't write the .nfo file properly. To get it to work I have to manually delete all the episode .nfo and then click "Search for new episodes" and it will then properly download the .nfo and episode thumbs. Oddly, enough if I then add a new episode it will download the .nfo and thumb properly when I click "Search for new Episodes".

Cheers for any pointers to getting this to work.

- billyad2000 - 2009-11-09

Jesper64 Wrote:I've been mucking around with Media Companion today. Great program but I'm not sure if I'm doing something incorrectly or whether there's a bug.

Movies are scraping fine but am having some issues with TV shows.

I've added the root folder that my TV Shows are in and MC will pickup all the folder names but won't automatically scrape by folder name. I'm not sure if this is the default behaviour. To add a show I need to individually click on each entry and hit the "TV Show Selector" button.

The second problem I'm having is that after using the "TV Show Selector" and scraping the file it will download fanart, folder.jpg, season thumbnails and tvshow.nfo properly. However, for some reason it generates a .nfo file for each episode with no information. An example of the .nfo file it generates is below.

Even if I click "Search for new episodes" it doesn't write the .nfo file properly. To get it to work I have to manually delete all the episode .nfo and then click "Search for new episodes" and it will then properly download the .nfo and episode thumbs. Oddly, enough if I then add a new episode it will download the .nfo and thumb properly when I click "Search for new Episodes".

Cheers for any pointers to getting this to work.

TV Shows have to be added individually, this is to prevent people adding shows, then scraping perhaps 100s of episodes for what could potentially be the wrong show. I will likely change this in the future so that MC attempts to scrape tvshows by the folder name, but still block the scraping of episodes until a user has confirmed it is the correct show.

As for the blank nfo files, I am not sure what you mean, using the "TV Show Selector" tab does not at any point create nfo's for episodes, the code simply does not exist, only the tvshow.nfo, fanart, poster/banner, and season posters are scraped.

Once the tv show has been added, selecting the "Search for new episodes" tab will cause MC to look for the episodes and then hopefully download the information and screenshot.

There are 3 reasons why the episode may not be downloaded.
1) TVDB is down
2) The episode does not exist on TVDB
3) The user has the sortorder set to DVD and TVDB only has Default sortorder.

All of these are easy to check, No3 is the biggest candidate.

The blank nfo is a bug, it should not be written, just need to add a check for the fail before saving the file.

- bossanova808 - 2009-11-09

Is the watched/unwatched feature supposed to be working at the moment? I set all this in MC (3.1.48) and removed the source in XBMC and re-added it - but all the movies have come up as unwatched. When I watch one or manually mark it, it works, but the <playcount> tag (checked present in the nfos) does not seem to be having any affect?

- RockDawg - 2009-11-09

bossanova808 Wrote:Is the watched/unwatched feature supposed to be working at the moment? I set all this in MC (3.1.48) and removed the source in XBMC and re-added it - but all the movies have come up as unwatched. When I watch one or manually mark it, it works, but the <playcount> tag (checked present in the nfos) does not seem to be having any affect?

Unfortunately, team XBMC removed the ability to derive watched status from nfo files a while back. So MC's watched status is useless for XBMC.

List Missing Episodes - ParadoxSeven - 2009-11-09

Since media companion scraps and can get list of episodes, would it be hard to have it show us what episodes we are missing that are listed on tvdb. Or do you know of any other toos, just to scan and let me know what I'm missing. I don't see if this would be hard to add, since you got everything you need, tvdb list of episodes, and you know what is on the computer, output a list of whats missing. Thanks Smile

- bossanova808 - 2009-11-09

RockDawg Wrote:Unfortunately, team XBMC removed the ability to derive watched status from nfo files a while back. So MC's watched status is useless for XBMC.

Bugger - is there anyway to externally and quickly edit this (some sort of access to XBMC's db?) - cause doing it one by one with the remote is NOT fun...!