Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- bblauritzen - 2009-11-09

bossanova808 Wrote:Bugger - is there anyway to externally and quickly edit this (some sort of access to XBMC's db?) - cause doing it one by one with the remote is NOT fun...!

!! REMEMBER TO BACKUP YOUR .DB FIRST !!

Download SQLiteAdmin ( http://sqliteadmin.orbmu2k.de/ ) open the MyVideos34.db and find the "files" table where the playcount is stored.

start/restart XBMC..Cool

- bossanova808 - 2009-11-09

Hmmm - ok that looks like the stuff, but what if I need to remote into my linux ASRock box from my windows machine?

- bossanova808 - 2009-11-09

Ok thinking about it, can ftp it I guess...

- Jesper64 - 2009-11-09

billyad2000 Wrote:TV Shows have to be added individually, this is to prevent people adding shows, then scraping perhaps 100s of episodes for what could potentially be the wrong show. I will likely change this in the future so that MC attempts to scrape tvshows by the folder name, but still block the scraping of episodes until a user has confirmed it is the correct show.

As for the blank nfo files, I am not sure what you mean, using the "TV Show Selector" tab does not at any point create nfo's for episodes, the code simply does not exist, only the tvshow.nfo, fanart, poster/banner, and season posters are scraped.

Once the tv show has been added, selecting the "Search for new episodes" tab will cause MC to look for the episodes and then hopefully download the information and screenshot.

There are 3 reasons why the episode may not be downloaded.
1) TVDB is down
2) The episode does not exist on TVDB
3) The user has the sortorder set to DVD and TVDB only has Default sortorder.

All of these are easy to check, No3 is the biggest candidate.

The blank nfo is a bug, it should not be written, just need to add a check for the fail before saving the file.

Thanks for clarifying the first point. It makes sense.

With regards to the blank nfo file. Here's what happens for me:

-I add a new folder to MC.
-The folder shows up in the program and I use "TV Show Selector" to scrape the correct TV show.
-It scrapes said TV show and downloads correctly folder.jpg, season thumbs and the tv.nfo.
-It also adds a .nfo file to each episode contained in the folder/sub folder. (This is before I have clicked search for new episodes).
-The episode .nfo file (seen in my original post) contains all the correct tags but no information stored in it except for season and episode number.
-When I click "Search for New Episodes", MC doesn't find any new episodes as the .nfo file has been created for each episode already. Also the episodes never actually show up in the MC window unless I manually delete each of the episode files and "Search for New Episodes".
-The problem is only when I've added a new TV show and used TV Show selector".

I'm 100% sure an episode.nfo file is being created when using the "TV Show Selector" option. I've tried it a number of times with the same results.

- billyad2000 - 2009-11-09

Jesper64 Wrote:I'm 100% sure an episode.nfo file is being created when using the "TV Show Selector" option. I've tried it a number of times with the same results.

What version of MC are you using.

Just checked this, episode nfo's cannot be added until the show has been selected via the tv show selector. And this does not and cannot add nfo files for the episodes, the code simply is not there.

Just to be sure I have deleted all the tvshow.nfo and episode.nfo files for a couple of shows. When I added the shows using the show selector only the tvshow.nfo was created. The episodes were only added when I used the search for new episodes function.

- HexusOdy - 2009-11-09

Hi Billy,

Could you add the option fro MC gen 1 to rescrape all missing episode thumbs. There used to be a menu option under TV Shows.

I know you have added a rescrape thumb to the latest version but looks like it has to be episode by episode.

- ParadoxSeven - 2009-11-12

Scrapper Broken? imdb? anybody else having issues?

- billyad2000 - 2009-11-12

i'll upload a new imdb scraper later today

- billyad2000 - 2009-11-12

Fixed IMDB scraper library

I've updated the main build linked in the first post and below to include the new library, but for those that already have version 3.154 - just overwrite the imdb.dll file in your mc folder with this file

Download imdb.dll
This build should be ok, I tested it with about 20 movies and it worked fine, but there is always the possibility of a discrepancy in a few movies, if anyone has any issues then let me know, be sure to include the imdb url to the problem movie

I've noticed that downloading fanart and posters from TMDB is iffy at the moment, TMDB is changing over to API 2.1 and are having a few problems at the moment which I am sure they are working hard to fix, these issues only appear to be affecting the old 2.0 API so I will update the code to 2.1 for the next build.

- moonshadow - 2009-11-13

my problem is, can i disable download .tbn file i need only update .nfo files and some fanart, this is not big problem it's annoying, in the movie folder i have only .avi and .srt now i have 6-7 files

thnx in advanced

EDIT: one more question, i have movie "21" but on the 2 cd, folder files is this :

21.nfo
21 cd1.avi
21 cd1.srt
21 cd2.avi
21 cd2.srt

when i have this files Media Companion don't see the movie when i change to this

21.nfo
21 .avi
21 .srt

than program see the movie, can i chagne the settings to saw the movie in the futere with 2 cd

sorry on my bad english i am croatian

- TeknoJnky - 2009-11-13

does this try to pull screen images out of iso dvd files?

edit:
looks like it was the hd tag scanner trying to read 4+ gig iso files across the network :x

- ParadoxSeven - 2009-11-13

billyad2000 Wrote:Fixed IMDB scraper library

I've updated the main build linked in the first post and below to include the new library, but for those that already have version 3.154 - just overwrite the imdb.dll file in your mc folder with this file

Download imdb.dll
This build should be ok, I tested it with about 20 movies and it worked fine, but there is always the possibility of a discrepancy in a few movies, if anyone has any issues then let me know, be sure to include the imdb url to the problem movie

I've noticed that downloading fanart and posters from TMDB is iffy at the moment, TMDB is changing over to API 2.1 and are having a few problems at the moment which I am sure they are working hard to fix, these issues only appear to be affecting the old 2.0 API so I will update the code to 2.1 for the next build.

You are awesome, thanks Smile
Bye the way, any thought about listing missing episodes in tv shows? Would be great to know what tv episodes i'm missing out of the know tv lists. Smile

- moonshadow - 2009-11-13

plz help i have tv shows (G:\tv shows\tvshow name\tvshow SxxExx.avi

but i can't find anything with program

EDIT:

now i have error

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/8467/screenshot00073.jpg

- petsacsty - 2009-11-13

I think this is enough .....
I do agree with you. Those are the most effective way

- billyad2000 - 2009-11-13

ParadoxSeven Wrote:You are awesome, thanks Smile
Bye the way, any thought about listing missing episodes in tv shows? Would be great to know what tv episodes i'm missing out of the know tv lists. Smile

While not impossible this would be a fairly complex operation and I simply do not have the time at present to do it.

It is on my list of things to do.