Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- twojenkins - 2009-11-16

Great program. Thank you for all of your hard work and timely responses.

I notice that on the main page when it loads the data for the movie, apostrophes in the text are replaced with ' and quotes are replaced with ". I don't know if this started with this version, or if I just never noticed it before. They display this way in XBMC as well.

- billyad2000 - 2009-11-16

twojenkins Wrote:Great program. Thank you for all of your hard work and timely responses.

I notice that on the main page when it loads the data for the movie, apostrophes in the text are replaced with ' and quotes are replaced with ". I don't know if this started with this version, or if I just never noticed it before. They display this way in XBMC as well.

It's a bug with the new scraper library, there will be a fix available soon.

- RockDawg - 2009-11-18

billyad2000 Wrote:If mediatags are enabled it does get the runtime from the media file.

It should be noted that at the moment this only grabs the runtime of a single media file so it is no good for people with multi part movie files. Although if it is only a few then the runtime can be edited manually.

I have HD media tags enabled and I just scraped a couple movies and the run times aren't the avtual duration of the files, but rather what is listed on IMDB. One even listed different languages so there's no doubt the info came from IMDB. Is this feature broken or do I need to do something else to get it to work?

Also, should it get the correct duration for DVD folder structured movies (ifo & vob)?

- sliver - 2009-11-18

Hi,

Firstly, thanks for making a pretty comprehensive piece of software! I'm new to Media Companion, so this may be a stupid question. At the moment I'm trying to scrape some of my TV shows, but I'm having problems with the TV Show Selector tab.

It always finds the show that I want on the left hand side, but when I click "Scrape Show With Selected Options" for some of my shows an error pops up saying "Error Scraping Show" (though the window that says "The Selected TV Show is being Scraped. Please Wait" doesn't close.

It seems to me that it works for shows that haven't stopped airing (Mad Med, Weeds, Entourage, Curb Your Enthusiasm, South Park...)

But it fails on shows which have finished (Arrested Development, The Office (UK), ...)

The options I'm using are as follows:

episode.nfo actor source: TVDB
Sort Order: Default
season-all.tbn: Poster
tvshow.nfo actor source: TVDB
Art style: Poster
Download Poster/Banner: checked
Download Fanart: checked
Check this if you want to overwrite existing image files: not checked
Attempt to dl posters in selected language: not checked

Has anyone else experienced this? And has anyone found a way to stop this error?

- billyad2000 - 2009-11-18

RockDawg Wrote:I have HD media tags enabled and I just scraped a couple movies and the run times aren't the avtual duration of the files, but rather what is listed on IMDB. One even listed different languages so there's no doubt the info came from IMDB. Is this feature broken or do I need to do something else to get it to work?

Also, should it get the correct duration for DVD folder structured movies (ifo & vob)?

I'm not sure about DVD Folder structures, if you select the file details tab for one of the movies have a look at what details are listed. This only works for movies when mediainfo returns a duration value. If it does not then the IMDB runtime is used.

sliver Wrote:Hi,

Firstly, thanks for making a pretty comprehensive piece of software! I'm new to Media Companion, so this may be a stupid question. At the moment I'm trying to scrape some of my TV shows, but I'm having problems with the TV Show Selector tab.

It always finds the show that I want on the left hand side, but when I click "Scrape Show With Selected Options" for some of my shows an error pops up saying "Error Scraping Show" (though the window that says "The Selected TV Show is being Scraped. Please Wait" doesn't close.

It seems to me that it works for shows that haven't stopped airing (Mad Med, Weeds, Entourage, Curb Your Enthusiasm, South Park...)

But it fails on shows which have finished (Arrested Development, The Office (UK), ...)

The options I'm using are as follows:

episode.nfo actor source: TVDB
Sort Order: Default
season-all.tbn: Poster
tvshow.nfo actor source: TVDB
Download Poster/Banner: checked
Download Fanart: checked
Check this if you want to overwrite existing image files: not checked
Attempt to dl posters in selected language: not checked

Has anyone else experienced this? And has anyone found a way to stop this error?

I have just tested The Office (UK) and its working fine now.

TVDB are still rebuilding the API DB, and is a bit hit and miss at the moment. Many episodes are also missing from the API.

Just be patient, I dare say they will be back to normal in a day or two.

Hummm - AnalogKid - 2009-11-18

If is use the following TV show structure...

TVShows\
TVShows\House\
TVShows\House\Season 01\
TVShows\House\Season 01\S01E01 - Pilot.avi
TVShows\Friends\
TVShows\Friends\Season 01\
TVShows\Friends\Season 01\S01E01 - New Start.avi

Then MCG2 believes the show name is 'Season 01' and has two episodes. It appears that it assumes the show name is the name of the parent folder and not the highest folder below the root.
If the logic was changed to the highest folder name below the root, then it would work for folks with all seasons in one flat show folder AND for folks like me with a season subfolder.

Is this by design or a bug? or is it me missing something? It seems the regex is designed for Season and Episode detection, but not for TV Show name.

Any help would be most appreciated!

AnalogKid Wrote:If is use the following TV show structure...

TVShows\
TVShows\House\
TVShows\House\Season 01\
TVShows\Friends\

That folder structure works fine, I know because it is the same as mine.

When adding the folders to the preferences use add root to add "TV Shows\"
or to add individual shows use "TV Shows\House" etc

Basically every show needs to have its own line in the folder preferences. After that it does not matter what the structure is, episodes can all be located in the TV Root folder, eg "TV Shows\House\S01E01.avi" or because MC is recursive, in any subfolder within eg "TV Shows\House\subfolder1\subfolder2\subfolder3\subfolder4\S01E20.avi" etc

- AnalogKid - 2009-11-18

billyad2000 Wrote:That folder structure works fine, I know because it is the same as mine.

When adding the folders to the preferences use add root to add "TV Shows\"
or to add individual shows use "TV Shows\House" etc

Basically every show needs to have its own line in the folder preferences. After that it does not matter what the structure is, episodes can all be located in the TV Root folder, eg "TV Shows\House\S01E01.avi" or because MC is recursive, in any subfolder within eg "TV Shows\House\subfolder1\subfolder2\subfolder3\subfolder4\S01E20.avi" etc

Many thanks for the response! Really appreciated. And seems to be good news.... but.

I have tried both 'TV Series' as a single root folder, and the multiple folder option, both with the same results... like this:

Season 01
---- Pilot
---- New Start

I've not modded any RegEx, since the presets seems perfect already.
I'm curious though... if the episodes can be nested at any level, how are you deducing the Show Name? Are you parsing the highest folder?

p.s. I'm using the build that was available in the OP today so assume it's pretty recent build (3.154). BTW, thanks for adding the TV show functionality back in, it was enough to make me switch back to this app!

- woodworker - 2009-11-19

Hi Billy
I just finished a clean install Win XP Pro with all the Updates . M.C. 3.154 here is my log fileError, exiting movie scraper
Error:-
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'imdb, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'imdb, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at Media_Companion.Form1.startnewmovies()
at Media_Companion.Form1.BckWrkScnMovies_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

- yzeyze - 2009-11-19

AnalogKid Wrote:If is use the following TV show structure...

TVShows\
TVShows\House\
TVShows\House\Season 01\
TVShows\Friends\

This is how I have mine also, and have never had an issue with it.
No idea what is going on at your end though, sorry....

- billyad2000 - 2009-11-19

AnalogKid Wrote:Many thanks for the response! Really appreciated. And seems to be good news.... but.

I have tried both 'TV Series' as a single root folder, and the multiple folder option, both with the same results... like this:

Season 01
---- Pilot
---- New Start

I've not modded any RegEx, since the presets seems perfect already.
I'm curious though... if the episodes can be nested at any level, how are you deducing the Show Name? Are you parsing the highest folder?

p.s. I'm using the build that was available in the OP today so assume it's pretty recent build (3.154). BTW, thanks for adding the TV show functionality back in, it was enough to make me switch back to this app!

As I said, each tv show needs to have its own line in the preferences/folder list.

It is assumed that the root folder of each line is the tvshow name.
eg your folder list in the preferences should look something like this;
D:\TV Shows\Lost
D:\TV Shows\24
D:\TV Shows\Bones
E:\Other Shows\The Office

MC just looks for the last folder as the title.

There have been several people who have reported issue with MC not finding some paths some of the time, this can not be duplicated and seems to be related to issues external to Media Companion. The next build for later on this week will be using an alternative method for parsing media files that will hopefully solve the problem.

- billyad2000 - 2009-11-19

IMDB scraper has broken again, a fix is available from here

- ekim232 - 2009-11-20

I am using the latest version and added the new imdb file, but I noticed that I get "scrapper error" for all my runtimes and the it is not filling in the mpaa with Rated R, Rated Pg, ect. It is using "15"

Anyone else experiencing this.

- billyad2000 - 2009-11-20

ekim232 Wrote:I am using the latest version and added the new imdb file, but I noticed that I get "scrapper error" for all my runtimes and the it is not filling in the mpaa with Rated R, Rated Pg, ect. It is using "15"

Anyone else experiencing this.

IMDB is messing around with the HTML at the moment, the result is that the fixed scraper needs fixing again.

It's a bit pointless me spending time fixing the scraper every day, I just don't have the time, I'll give them another day or so to complete whatever work they are doing then i'll take a look at it.

There will be a new build of MC this weekend, it will be fixed by then at the latest.