Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- RockDawg - 2009-11-20

billyad2000 Wrote:I'm not sure about DVD Folder structures, if you select the file details tab for one of the movies have a look at what details are listed. This only works for movies when mediainfo returns a duration value. If it does not then the IMDB runtime is used.

No duration is displayed. Also, there's no sound codec listed and AR is wrong on the couple movies I tried. I remember back when I was using Ember I was having similar problems and I think he traced it down to needing to run VIDEO_TS.BUP through Mediainfo rather than VIDEO_TS.IFO

- billyad2000 - 2009-11-20

RockDawg Wrote:No duration is displayed. Also, there's no sound codec listed and AR is wrong on the couple movies I tried. I remember back when I was using Ember I was having similar problems and I think he traced it down to needing to run VIDEO_TS.BUP through Mediainfo rather than VIDEO_TS.IFO

That is helpful information, i'll have a look at it for the next build.

- woodworker - 2009-11-20

Hey Billy just done a clean install win xp pro . Installed MC 3.154 and everytime I click on search for new movies I get this log file that I don't under stand. Here is the log.

Error, exiting movie scraper
Error:-
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'imdb, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'imdb, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at Media_Companion.Form1.startnewmovies()
at Media_Companion.Form1.BckWrkScnMovies_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

- billyad2000 - 2009-11-21

woodworker Wrote:Hey Billy just done a clean install win xp pro . Installed MC 3.154 and everytime I click on search for new movies I get this log file that I don't under stand. Here is the log.

It seems like the file imdb.dll is missing from the root xbmc folder, or you are using the wrong version of the dll file.

I gave a link to the most up-to-date imdb.dll a few days ago, try downloading that one. (http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=440787&postcount=433)

Or you could wait until Sunday when I upload the next build.

- billyad2000 - 2009-11-22

RockDawg Wrote:No duration is displayed. Also, there's no sound codec listed and AR is wrong on the couple movies I tried. I remember back when I was using Ember I was having similar problems and I think he traced it down to needing to run VIDEO_TS.BUP through Mediainfo rather than VIDEO_TS.IFO

The problem with missing audio data is fixed from the next build. According to mediainfo documentation it seems that the file to use for DVD Folders is "VTS_01_0.IFO"

Not sure about the aspect ratio, on the disk I checked the aspect was correct, and the same for both, although it could be that the aspect returned from the VIDEO_TS.IFO is actually that of the menu where VTS_01_0.IFO is actually the feature.

- tvieson - 2009-11-24

Not sure if this will help you nail it down Billy, but if you select change movie. It will pull all the information. It just wont download the info on the initial scraping.

- RockDawg - 2009-11-27

billyad2000 Wrote:Thats just wierd.

Media Companion is now being developed on Windows 7 professional (x64), although it is compiled for x86 cpu's, so I can assure you that the retail version has no such issue.

Maybe you could try installing the latest .net, it is compiled with .net 3.5
The exact build I am using comes with Windows 7 and is 3.5.7283

I just purchased retail Win 7 Home Premium and did a clean install of x86 and the problem still remains. One oddity I noticed is that MC will still scrape new episodes for shows it doesn't see any episodes for. Something is really amiss here.

- billyad2000 - 2009-11-27

RockDawg Wrote:I just purchased retail Win 7 Home Premium and did a clean install of x86 and the problem still remains. One oddity I noticed is that MC will still scrape new episodes for shows it doesn't see any episodes for. Something is really amiss here.

There is another build available from the MC forum; Link

It has a number of excellent new features but it still has a few bugs to be worked out of the new stuff.

I also reverted the folder search back to gen1 methods, hopefully this will solve your problems.

Billy.

- Constructacon - 2009-11-28

Awesome tool billy. The frequency of updates and rapidity of feature implementation is awesome. keep up the great work.

- Questionario - 2009-11-28

where do i load the xbmc movie database?
i cant find anywhere to select the location for this (I have it on the D-Drive)

- Queen1980 - 2009-11-29

Hi to everyone,
I'm new with this great software and I use it for TV shows and it works very well. I've only a big doubt with some special episodes as pilot or similar (for examples N.C.I.S. pilot or Battlestar Galactica Miniseries). How I have to rename them for the scrapers?
Thank you

- rudeboyx - 2009-11-30

Queen1980 Wrote:Hi to everyone,
I'm new with this great software and I use it for TV shows and it works very well. I've only a big doubt with some special episodes as pilot or similar (for examples N.C.I.S. pilot or Battlestar Galactica Miniseries). How I have to rename them for the scrapers?
Thank you

visit www.thetvdb.com and compare your episode numbers with the ones there. sometimes pilots will be classed as a "Secial" so you would name it under season 0

eg

Battlestar Galactica (2003) - 0x1 - Miniseries Part 1
Battlestar Galactica (2003) - 0x2 - Miniseries Part 2

or

Battlestar Galactica (2003) - S00E01 - Miniseries Part 1
Battlestar Galactica (2003) - S00E02 - Miniseries Part 2

- billyad2000 - 2009-11-30

New version 3.175

Changes since build 3.154
  • The Actor search for movies has been readded, a cache will be created when first running this build.
  • The Movie context menu has been brought up to date to be similar to the tvlist context menu.
  • The Movie list now has tooltips to show basic movie information before selection.
  • Runtime and Date Added sortorder buttons have been added. (Not 100% sure the date added tag is working properly, it needs more testing.
  • The imdb scraper has been fixed.
  • Individual TV Shows Can be locked, when searching for new episodes these shows are ignored.
  • A search this show for new episodes has been added to the Treeview context menu.
  • A New wall of movies view that allows people to view their collections graphically, when using this for the first time it takes time to load, each movieposter is loaded then resized and saved into a cache folder, movies added after this build create the lo-res cache images when the poster is initially downloaded, once cached the list loads fairly quickly. The list represents whatever movies are listed including sorted and filtered lists. This also contains a number of useful context menu items.
  • Other cosmetic changes such as remembering the size of the splitcontainers, containing the posters and fanart etc.
  • Custom genre lists are now available, to enable this feature just create a text file called "genre_filterlist.txt" in your MC settings folder, and just add the filters you desire, eg.
    Code:
    <85>
    Action
    Adventure
    Animation
    Biography
    Comedy
    Crime
    Documentary
    Drama
    Family
    Fantasy
    Film-Noir
    History
    Horror
    Music
    Musical
    Mystery
    Romance
    Sci-Fi
    Short
    Sport
    Thriller
    War
    Western
    The filters are not case sensitive, but they must contain the text that the search looks for, eg "fa" would list both "family" & "fantasy"
    The "<85>" refers to the control column width, tooltips are shown when the mouse is over an item so they can be cropped without issue, while there is room to fit 30 filters comfortably with a column width of 85, more can be added, but a scroll bar will be added to the control.
    the following are special tags and are not directly related to the genre, if you want to add these filters then they must be as follows:
    Code:
    Top250
    Watched
    Unwatched
    Problem
    Duplicates
    Missing Posters
    Missing Fanart
    Yes, missing posters and fanart has been fully intergrated into the filters.

• HTML templates can now be used, the templates should be saved in the "html_templates" folder, 3 basic templates are included with the build, for the moment only the header and body are supported, I will add support for a footer soon.
    Supported tags are:
    Code:
    <<moviecount>> - this is the total movies
    <<title>>
    <<movietitleandyear>>
    <<movieyear>>
    <<runtime>>
    <<rating>>
    <<outline>>
    <<imdb_url>>
    <<fullpathandfilename>>
    <<count>> - incremental counter
    <<plot>> - This works, but needs to be loaded from each nfo so will be considerably slower than creating a html without it.
    Each template should start with the line "<title>template title</title>", this is how the template will be listed in the html menu list. You can view the supplied templates to get the idea of how it works.
    The features of the templates will become more advanced as time goes by, if anyone wants to contribute then I will add them to the archive.
I think I got most the bugs reported in the bug forum, I would request that people encountering bugs do post them there. At the moment there are bug reports spread over the entire forum and it does make it difficult to keep track.

If you have reported a bug in the bug forum that has not been addressed then please bump it.

I fully expect there to be new bugs introduced into this build. I have made too many changes for their not to be, it is my hope that there are not too many, and it is my intention to spend the next couple of weeks addressing these.

NOTE: The "moviecache.xml" file needs to be rebuild for this version, it is strongly sugested that you delete this file from your preferences before running the new build.
Download Version 3.175

Can't get account verification on darkbb - greybeard - 2009-11-30

I wanted to post a couple of bugs on darkbb, but I did not have an account. I created one over an hour ago, but still have not been sent the verification message. I checked my site's spam quarantine and it is not there. I also tried to recreate the account, but it showed the username and email already taken. I tried logging in, but it says that the username is not active.

Does it normally take this long?

Some great new features! Couple of scraping errors is all I was going to report, one TV and one Movie.

I also wanted to add a feature request, since you have already added most of the ones I was thinking about, such as html output, extensible genres and a few other things.

- vbat99 - 2009-11-30

Hey Billy,m Thanks for another release, thought you were going to take it easy, get over your bug.

Anyway, small thing really. I see a padlock, locked, on all my tv shows, one that are locked and also the majority that are open.