Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- Bengualas - 2009-11-30

It would be great to add support for movie sets. Everytime I edit a movie nfo file, I lost the set tag...

Great app!

- greybeard - 2009-12-01

greybeard Wrote:I wanted to post a couple of bugs on darkbb, but I did not have an account. I created one over an hour ago, but still have not been sent the verification message. I checked my site's spam quarantine and it is not there. I also tried to recreate the account, but it showed the username and email already taken. I tried logging in, but it says that the username is not active.

Does it normally take this long?

Some great new features! Couple of scraping errors is all I was going to report, one TV and one Movie.

I also wanted to add a feature request, since you have already added most of the ones I was thinking about, such as html output, extensible genres and a few other things.

Still no account verification message from darkbb. Help!

- gillman99 - 2009-12-01

My scraping seems to be taking a long time. Where is the log file on my system so I can try to see what's going on?

- jarod71 - 2009-12-01

how do I create dummy files of a directory on my xbox so I can use this fine program to create .nfo's for my movies?

- feerlessleadr - 2009-12-01

jarod71 Wrote:how do I create dummy files of a directory on my xbox so I can use this fine program to create .nfo's for my movies?

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but i use this to create dummy files of all of my tv shows so that when I am done with an episode, I just replace it with a dummy file so that I don't run out of space on my small 1tb hdd.

http://skwire.dcmembers.com/wb/pages/software/zero-zipper.php

Point this program to the top most directory that you want the dummy files created for, and it will recreate the directory structure along with dummy files within.

- jarod71 - 2009-12-01

feerlessleadr Wrote:Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but i use this to create dummy files of all of my tv shows so that when I am done with an episode, I just replace it with a dummy file so that I don't run out of space on my small 1tb hdd.

Point this program to the top most directory that you want the dummy files created for, and it will recreate the directory structure along with dummy files within.

thanks for the program link. but my movies are already on internal xbox drive and not sure how to have this program see them. i may just have to copy them all back to a share and try it from there...

- feerlessleadr - 2009-12-01

jarod71 Wrote:thanks for the program link. but my movies are already on internal xbox drive and not sure how to have this program see them. i may just have to copy them all back to a share and try it from there...

I don't know if this would work, but if you can view your movies on your xbox from your PC over the network, you could try mapping the xbox drive to your PC.

But again, I don't know your setup, or if that would even work.

- jarod71 - 2009-12-01

feerlessleadr Wrote:Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but i use this to create dummy files of all of my tv shows so that when I am done with an episode, I just replace it with a dummy file so that I don't run out of space on my small 1tb hdd.

not sure if mapping the xbox drive is able to be done. I use ftp to transfer files.

remove show from database - reise - 2009-12-04

Hi, I renamed a tv show directory and now I can't remove the old one from the tv show tree in Media Companion.

- billyad2000 - 2009-12-04

reise Wrote:Hi, I renamed a tv show directory and now I can't remove the old one from the tv show tree in Media Companion.

Use the drop down TV Menu item to Rebuild the TV shows.

- greybeard - 2009-12-04

greybeard Wrote:Still no account verification message from darkbb. Help!

It has been several days since I registered on the darkbb forums. I have never received verification instructions and if I try to login I get an "inactive account" error.

Can you look into that Billy? Clear the account so I can register again in case I made a typo or something.

- billyad2000 - 2009-12-04

greybeard Wrote:It has been several days since I registered on the darkbb forums. I have never received verification instructions and if I try to login I get an "inactive account" error.

Can you look into that Billy? Clear the account so I can register again in case I made a typo or something.

I've activitated your account manually, you should be able to access the forum now Smile

- reise - 2009-12-04

billyad2000 Wrote:Use the drop down TV Menu item to Rebuild the TV shows.

didnt' work, still no episode or season information for the tv shows below.

- billyad2000 - 2009-12-05

reise Wrote:didnt' work, still no episode or season information for the tv shows below.

You need to remove the old paths from the preferences, re add the new paths. The TVDB will be rebuilt adding the episodes in their new location.

- RockDawg - 2009-12-05

billyad2000 Wrote:There is another build available from the MC forum; Link

It has a number of excellent new features but it still has a few bugs to be worked out of the new stuff.

I also reverted the folder search back to gen1 methods, hopefully this will solve your problems.

Billy.

Still no go. I get the exact same issue as before.