Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- Iris - 2009-12-05

Shouldn't XBMC update library command refresh the library to reflect the .nfo's, etc. saved by MC? Manually selecting a movie title and refreshing it works. I guess I'm missing something and my absence from the scene for awhile doesn't help me either. Can someone give me some guidance?

- billyad2000 - 2009-12-05

RockDawg Wrote:Still no go. I get the exact same issue as before.

Now that is wierd, I thought the issue did not exist in gen1 MC

There is a thread over at the MC forum that is related to a similar issue, maybe this will help.

http://billyad2000.darkbb.com/bug-discussion-f3/mc-3175-constant-problems-reading-folders-files-t855.htm

- billyad2000 - 2009-12-05

Iris Wrote:Shouldn't XBMC update library command refresh the library to reflect the .nfo's, etc. saved by MC? Manually selecting a movie title and refreshing it works. I guess I'm missing something and my absence from the scene for awhile doesn't help me either. Can someone give me some guidance?

You can update the movie info using the refresh command when viewing movie details within XBMC

- Iris - 2009-12-06

billyad2000 Wrote:You can update the movie info using the refresh command when viewing movie details within XBMC

Yeah, I've done that as noted. I was thinking something more along the lines of the whole library rather than one title at a time.

Iris

- billyad2000 - 2009-12-06

Iris Wrote:Yeah, I've done that as noted. I was thinking something more along the lines of the whole library rather than one title at a time.

Iris

AFAIK, the only way to refresh the whole library is to delete it. This forces XBMC to rebuild it (From nfo files if they exist)

- billyad2000 - 2009-12-07

New build 3.182

Changes since build 3.175
  • Rebuild Actor DB has been added
  • Padlock Icon for Locked TV Shows now works correctly
  • Duplicates filter has been fixed
  • TVDB scraper ammended a little to stop MC hanging when TVDB delivers bad xml
  • TV Episode Media Tags have been cleaned up, no more empty tags
  • Issue fixed when performing certain operations on TV Shows with a title length of 4 characters
I think I got most the bugs reported in the bug forum, I would request that people encountering bugs do post them there. At the moment there are bug reports spread over the entire forum and it does make it difficult to keep track.

If you have reported a bug in the bug forum that has not been addressed then please bump it.

Download Version 3.182

- yzeyze - 2009-12-07

Thanks again Billy.
is there anyway to not display the output log at the end?

edit - ignore - had to open my eyes
(in the settings)

- slicemaster - 2009-12-08

Hey, I don’t know if this is an issue with just me but I can only link the issue with the newer versions of Media Companion. Anyways, I have all my content stored on a FreeNAS server and I have been unable to scrape new data for new content. I don’t know why exactly but when it search for new content it detects the correct number of new things to be scrapped but it just halts and hovers on 1 of 10 in my case and it doesn’t do anything. Any tips or recommendations would be helpful.

Keep up the good work,
Slice

- unkle_wah - 2009-12-08

FreeNAS works fine with Media Companion. Check your directory permissions with file manager (quixplorer).

- billyad2000 - 2009-12-08

slicemaster Wrote:Hey, I don’t know if this is an issue with just me but I can only link the issue with the newer versions of Media Companion. Anyways, I have all my content stored on a FreeNAS server and I have been unable to scrape new data for new content. I don’t know why exactly but when it search for new content it detects the correct number of new things to be scrapped but it just halts and hovers on 1 of 10 in my case and it doesn’t do anything. Any tips or recommendations would be helpful.

Keep up the good work,
Slice

I am not 100% sure what the problem is, but there was a similar issue that has been partially resolved. There is an issue with mediainfo.dll, this is the library that gets the info for the media tags. When scanning dvd image files (.ifo files) Media Info can take hours to get the details. Unfortunatley mediainfo.dll is a 3rd party library and thus beyond my control.

The way to check this is to uncheck "Create HD Media Tags when scraping" located in the movie scraper preferences. If this is the issue then when disabled the movies should scrape normally.

Hope this helps,

Billy

- Constructacon - 2009-12-08

Awesome tool. The latest version is the best so far (as one would hopeLaugh)

You just a mentioned dvd files. I have a couple of folders that are actual dvd rips with file structure intact. Is there any way for MC to scrape the information off them. For the record I'm trying to scrape a Red Vs Blue Season 1 dvd (and 2 + 3).

- billyad2000 - 2009-12-08

Constructacon Wrote:Awesome tool. The latest version is the best so far (as one would hopeLaugh)

You just a mentioned dvd files. I have a couple of folders that are actual dvd rips with file structure intact. Is there any way for MC to scrape the information off them. For the record I'm trying to scrape a Red Vs Blue Season 1 dvd (and 2 + 3).

Media Companion has no issues with DVD folders. Just ensure that the root folder has the episode details, eg, for episodes 1-4 of season 1:
"Red Vs Blue S01E01-E02-E03-E04\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO"
the VIDEO_TS Folder is not really needed,
"Red Vs Blue S01E01-E02-E03-E04\VIDEO_TS.IFO"
would also work.

The only downside of this is that while individual episodes can be scraped and listed by XBMC and Media Companion, only a single screenshot will be used, and playback of any of these episodes will be limited to the whole DVD, although the DVD menu structure will still work and often let you playback specific episodes.

- slicemaster - 2009-12-10

billyad2000 Wrote:I am not 100% sure what the problem is, but there was a similar issue that has been partially resolved. There is an issue with mediainfo.dll, this is the library that gets the info for the media tags. When scanning dvd image files (.ifo files) Media Info can take hours to get the details. Unfortunatley mediainfo.dll is a 3rd party library and thus beyond my control.

The way to check this is to uncheck "Create HD Media Tags when scraping" located in the movie scraper preferences. If this is the issue then when disabled the movies should scrape normally.

Hope this helps,

Billy
thanks for the tip! i went ahead and made that switch and bam...everything is back to normal! thanks for the help....btw what does that lib and setting do?

- billyad2000 - 2009-12-10

slicemaster Wrote:thanks for the tip! i went ahead and made that switch and bam...everything is back to normal! thanks for the help....btw what does that lib and setting do?

mediainfo.dll is the library that returns media information about a file, this includes things such as codecs, resolution, aspect, scantype etc.

MC stores this information within the nfo files and some XBMC skins use these tags to display the above information about media.

You will find that it works without issue for normal media files (avi, mpg etc) but an IFO file is not a media container as such, it is a disk container that needs to be opened to read the media within. I suspect that mediainfo.dll actually extracts the whole file to obtain the information, this can take a very long time, especially if the file is located accross a network.

- slicemaster - 2009-12-11

billyad2000 Wrote:mediainfo.dll is the library that returns media information about a file, this includes things such as codecs, resolution, aspect, scantype etc.

MC stores this information within the nfo files and some XBMC skins use these tags to display the above information about media.

You will find that it works without issue for normal media files (avi, mpg etc) but an IFO file is not a media container as such, it is a disk container that needs to be opened to read the media within. I suspect that mediainfo.dll actually extracts the whole file to obtain the information, this can take a very long time, especially if the file is located accross a network.

Ok…thanks for the info.

As a side note: I don’t know if you have considered different types of work-arounds to remedy the issue with disk images and the library but I was wondering if you have considered adding code to mount the ISO as a virtual disk with-in MC before allowing the library to analyze it for its content…this would hide the fact that the ISO is a disk image as opposed to a video container (which evidently the library has no probles analyzing….I wouldn’t know …my entire media collection is stored in DVD ISO image files) from the library and allow for it to more efficiently analyze the contents without causing MC to hang…or perhaps you could just hard code MC to not allow the library to analyze ISO files…

Keep up the great work,
Slice