Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- billyad2000 - 2009-12-11

slicemaster Wrote:Ok…thanks for the info.

As a side note: I don’t know if you have considered different types of work-arounds to remedy the issue with disk images and the library but I was wondering if you have considered adding code to mount the ISO as a virtual disk with-in MC before allowing the library to analyze it for its content…this would hide the fact that the ISO is a disk image as opposed to a video container (which evidently the library has no probles analyzing….I wouldn’t know …my entire media collection is stored in DVD ISO image files) from the library and allow for it to more efficiently analyze the contents without causing MC to hang…or perhaps you could just hard code MC to not allow the library to analyze ISO files…

Keep up the great work,
Slice

I have not really looked into it since I dont actually have any IFO format files.

One suggestion I would make is that you try different builds of mediainfo.dll, there are a great many available, and there is nothing to say that they all have this issue.

There is a possibility that the tags will not be the same with all builds, but if you find one that does not take hours to open IFO files then please let me know, if there are issues then I should be able to fix them.

- rootyb - 2009-12-14

Sorry if this was requested somewhere else already (49 pages is a lot to go through), but...

Can we have a delay on tooltips? Instant tooltips drive me kind of nuts. They make the interface feel reaaaally cluttered.

- crash123 - 2009-12-14

rootyb Wrote:Sorry if this was requested somewhere else already (49 pages is a lot to go through), but...

Can we have a delay on tooltips? Instant tooltips drive me kind of nuts. They make the interface feel reaaaally cluttered.
Yea if it's not too much trouble I +1 this Billy.

- Constructacon - 2009-12-15

billyad2000 Wrote:Media Companion has no issues with DVD folders. Just ensure that the root folder has the episode details, eg, for episodes 1-4 of season 1:
"Red Vs Blue S01E01-E02-E03-E04\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO"
the VIDEO_TS Folder is not really needed,
"Red Vs Blue S01E01-E02-E03-E04\VIDEO_TS.IFO"
would also work.

The only downside of this is that while individual episodes can be scraped and listed by XBMC and Media Companion, only a single screenshot will be used, and playback of any of these episodes will be limited to the whole DVD, although the DVD menu structure will still work and often let you playback specific episodes.
thanks for the tip. It certainly looked like it was trying to to the right thing but looking up TVDB it looks like none of the DVD info is in the db. I think it might be time for me to roll up my sleeves and give a little back to the community.

- billyad2000 - 2009-12-15

Constructacon Wrote:thanks for the tip. It certainly looked like it was trying to to the right thing but looking up TVDB it looks like none of the DVD info is in the db. I think it might be time for me to roll up my sleeves and give a little back to the community.

Thats a great idea, but keep in mind that DVD info is not always needed, in most cases the default (aired) order is the same as the dvd order.

- steelman1991 - 2009-12-15

Billyad2000 - really like where your going with this, the only thing that prevents me from using it is the use of the 'times (derivative) font in the retrieval section - I dislike these fonts with a passion, is there anyway a user can make a quick change to change the font used - or is it embedded in the code.

No problem if it can't be achieved I'll just have to live with the fonts from hell Shocked

- Kilack - 2009-12-16

I've just started trying to use this for tv episodes but it seems not to pick up multipart tv episodes..

for example
heroes.s04e01e02.hdtv.xvid-fqm.av

it doesn't pick up either episode 1 or 2..

Is this a known issue?, something that is being worked on.. or a bug? Smile

looks good though!

- Constructacon - 2009-12-16

Kilack Wrote:I've just started trying to use this for tv episodes but it seems not to pick up multipart tv episodes..

for example

looks good though!
That's odd because it's worked fine on my copy of that exact episode (from a different source). Try inserting a hyphen between E01 and E02 (ie s04e01-e02) to see if that makes a difference. It's how mine is and it seems to be the convention Billy is talking about a couple of posts up.

- Kilack - 2009-12-17

Constructacon Wrote:That's odd because it's worked fine on my copy of that exact episode (from a different source). Try inserting a hyphen between E01 and E02 (ie s04e01-e02) to see if that makes a difference. It's how mine is and it seems to be the convention Billy is talking about a couple of posts up.

Heh nah I don't want to have to go through and rename all my double episodes etc, I have a few.... Tongue
If that naming convention is supported by xbmc it should be supported by any 3rd party application also really.

- billyad2000 - 2009-12-19

Kilack Wrote:I've just started trying to use this for tv episodes but it seems not to pick up multipart tv episodes..

for example

looks good though!

I've just checked this convention and it works fine, have you by any chance got the Sort Order set to DVD, TVDB only has dvd sortorder on some shows, and it is only really needed when the dvd order is different from the sortorder. In any case season 4 of heroes is not out on DVD so cannot be scraped using DVD order.

support question - jondr13 - 2009-12-19

Does this have support for TV Shows?

jondr13 Wrote:Does this have support for TV Shows?

Media Companion supports shows as long as they are listed on TVDB.

It supports fanart, posters, season posters, and screenshots. If tvdb is missing a screenshot then Media Companion also offers the facility to capture your own from the media.

Filters are a little scarce at the moment, but in the next few weeks filters will be added that allow you to list episodes with missing screenshots etc.

To use Media Companion for TV Shows add your folders in the preferences.

If the shows do not have tvshow.nfo files you will need to add these by using the TV Show selector TAB, once this is done Media Companion will be able to search for new episodes and create the nfo for them.

- Kilack - 2009-12-19

billyad2000 Wrote:I've just checked this convention and it works fine, have you by any chance got the Sort Order set to DVD, TVDB only has dvd sortorder on some shows, and it is only really needed when the dvd order is different from the sortorder. In any case season 4 of heroes is not out on DVD so cannot be scraped using DVD order.

Hi Billy,

Thanks, the problem was that it already had a .nfo file that was written by MIP and it seems this program didn't like it I guess. deleting that nfo solved the problem. Is that what you would expect? I thought there was a file standard and one should be able to move between different programs without issue?

Kilack Wrote:Hi Billy,

Thanks, the problem was that it already had a .nfo file that was written by MIP and it seems this program didn't like it I guess. deleting that nfo solved the problem. Is that what you would expect? I thought there was a file standard and one should be able to move between different programs without issue?

Glad you got it sorted.

With movies there can be a problem due to the myriad of naming conventions, but for tv shows there is only one so they should work OK.

Is there any chance of letting me see one of the nfo files created by MIP that fails with MC?

- jmadonald - 2009-12-22

I have a tv show season that the tshowv.nfo is created, the individual episodes are not.

In the scrape log i see a "working on ....nfo" yet one is not created.. ie

Working on episode: S:\Videos\TV Shows\The Vampire Diaries\Season 1 (2009)\The Vampire Diaries.S01E03.nfo