Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- Kilack - 2010-01-10

I have mediacomp set to ignore rar files less than 20 megs
but this seems to be ignored for tv episodes so it is always trying to scrape against rar files i have in those directories that contain subs or other miscellaneous things..

Can that be corrected please? Smile
(3.198)

thx

- Kilack - 2010-01-11

Hi Billy,

You asked for a nfo that mip wrote that mediacomp can't read
Here is the heroes one
http://pastebin.com/m1520787c

When you scan in episodes they just dont get read...

Would be great to see mediacomp be able to read these in if its not too much work....

just looking at the differences, one thing i notice is that mip adds all the actors and it seems mediacomp doesnt add any...
would be nice if mediacomp grabbed the actors too...

- Kilack - 2010-01-11

More compatibility stuff here..

Umm writes out episode numbers below 10 with a leading 0
example...
<episode>06</episode>

The leading 0 seems to cause mediacomp a bit of an issue and it ends up displaying the episodes as 001, 002 etc and sorts them in some weird order.

- billyad2000 - 2010-01-11

Kilack Wrote:Hi Billy,

You asked for a nfo that mip wrote that mediacomp can't read
Here is the heroes one
http://pastebin.com/m1520787c

When you scan in episodes they just dont get read...

Would be great to see mediacomp be able to read these in if its not too much work....

just looking at the differences, one thing i notice is that mip adds all the actors and it seems mediacomp doesnt add any...
would be nice if mediacomp grabbed the actors too...

It's because of the <xbmcmultiepisode> tag. Media Companion uses a <multiepisodenfo> tag.

The reason for the differences is that when support came out for multiple episodes within an nfo file, XBMC only needed a list of <episode>'s within the nfo, unfortunately, with xml this is illegal, hence the additional root tag was added by 3rd party programmers to keep support for XML. Since this was only to ensure xbmc compatability, and there was no given standard, they are all likely to be different.

I'll add support for the <xbmcmultiepisode> tag in the next build, in the meantime, you could edit the open and close tag to <multiepisodenfo></multiepisodenfo>

Kilack Wrote:More compatibility stuff here..

Umm writes out episode numbers below 10 with a leading 0
example...
<episode>06</episode>

The leading 0 seems to cause mediacomp a bit of an issue and it ends up displaying the episodes as 001, 002 etc and sorts them in some weird order.

I'll alter MC to fix this.

TBH though, UMM should be saving the episode and season numbers without the trailing "0", it may be worth mentioning this to them.

Kilack Wrote:I have mediacomp set to ignore rar files less than 20 megs
but this seems to be ignored for tv episodes so it is always trying to scrape against rar files i have in those directories that contain subs or other miscellaneous things..

Can that be corrected please? Smile
(3.198)

thx

The setting only applies to Movies at the moment, but I will add the check to TV Shows for the next build.

- Kilack - 2010-01-12

thanks billy, looking forward to the next version Smile

- Kilack - 2010-01-13

Hi Billy,

Seems mediacompanion has problems with 4 digit season codes which some series use..

bbc documentaries and natural world are two that i know of..

BBC.Natures.Great.Events.s2009e18.The.Great.Melt.XviD.AC3.MVGroup.org.avi

that gets an nfo generated as a multiepisode with
<season>20</season>
<episode>9</episode>
and
<season>20</season>
<episode>18</episode>

- fanclub - 2010-01-13

Kilack Wrote:Hi Billy,

Seems mediacompanion has problems with 4 digit season codes which some series use..

bbc documentaries and natural world are two that i know of..

BBC.Natures.Great.Events.s2009e18.The.Great.Melt.XviD.AC3.MVGroup.org.avi

that gets an nfo generated as a multiepisode with
<season>20</season>
<episode>9</episode>
and
<season>20</season>
<episode>18</episode>

i cant help you with this MC issue, but just out of interest how does XBMC handle these? will it actually say "Season 2009" in library mode?

i wanted to start adding my motoGP rips in to my library by creating the nfos manually but didnt want to have to use "Season 1", "Season 2", etc

- Kilack - 2010-01-13

fanclub Wrote:i cant help you with this MC issue, but just out of interest how does XBMC handle these? will it actually say "Season 2009" in library mode?

i wanted to start adding my motoGP rips in to my library by creating the nfos manually but didnt want to have to use "Season 1", "Season 2", etc

Hi,

Yes xbmc says season 2009, xbmc works fine with this type of format SmileJust Billy probably didn't realise there were series around that used the 4 digit season codes so didnt add support for it but its definitely supported by thetvdb.com and xbmc.

- fanclub - 2010-01-14

excellent, thanks for the info Smile

hopefully i can use MC to add these once support is added!

- Kilack - 2010-01-18

Any chance the search could be done a little differently?

Like searching for any match anywhere in the title..

For example

Now if I search for "narnia" it won't bring anything up even though I have this title in my collection
"The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian"

I couldn't remember the full title so it made it difficult to locate.

- billyad2000 - 2010-01-18

Kilack Wrote:Any chance the search could be done a little differently?

Like searching for any match anywhere in the title..

For example

Now if I search for "narnia" it won't bring anything up even though I have this title in my collection
"The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian"

I couldn't remember the full title so it made it difficult to locate.

The textbox below the movie list does just that.

- Kilack - 2010-01-18

billyad2000 Wrote:The textbox below the movie list does just that.

ahh awesome, never even noticed that box! have always used the one on top.
Now it is a lot easier Smile
thx

Dutch scraper - terminalx - 2010-01-19

Is there any possibiliy to add foreign scrapers eg this one:

http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28297&page=10