Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- billyad2000 - 2010-04-17

Grubsy Wrote:I've just noticed Media Companion isn't picking up a few I my .mkv files. After a little investigation I found that the 7 in question have either DVD5 or DVD9 in the filename. I found an old post mentioning this, but I didn't see how to fix it.

Also is it possible for MC to leave the word 'The' at the start of the movie name rather than moving it to the end after a comma?

Thanks

The issue of MC not finding files with dvd5 or dvd9 in the filename has been fixed for the next build. MC checks for supported multipart movies, and was catching these in that method (assuming dvd9 was part 9 of a single movie)

I'll look at adding an option to have 'The' at the start of the movie name. MC used to list them like this, but I changed it because people were requesting it. This is the first time I have asked to reverse the behaviour.

- bionic1234 - 2010-04-19

Are local actor thumbs supported in MC 3.265?

I've enabled "Enable Save Actor Thumbs" and provided a Local Path and XBMC path, but when I scrape new movies, the NFO file is showing an external HTTP address for the actor thumbs.

- billyad2000 - 2010-04-19

bionic1234 Wrote:Are local actor thumbs supported in MC 3.265?

I've enabled "Enable Save Actor Thumbs" and provided a Local Path and XBMC path, but when I scrape new movies, the NFO file is showing an external HTTP address for the actor thumbs.

The easiest way to do it is in the general preferences enable 'Save actor thumbs to the '.actors' folder'

This creates an folder in your movies directory and saves an actor image that can be scraped by XBMC.

It also works for TV Shows and episodes.

- nmt1978 - 2010-04-25

is it possible to export the movie list into an excel file or to exisiting movie card including the path of each movie

- bionic1234 - 2010-04-25

billyad2000 Wrote:The easiest way to do it is in the general preferences enable 'Save actor thumbs to the '.actors' folder'

This creates an folder in your movies directory and saves an actor image that can be scraped by XBMC.

It also works for TV Shows and episodes.

Will XBMC skip over the HTTP entries in the NFO files and use the local '.actors' folder?

- billyad2000 - 2010-04-25

bionic1234 Wrote:Will XBMC skip over the HTTP entries in the NFO files and use the local '.actors' folder?

Yes

- bionic1234 - 2010-04-25

Thanks billy

- handsomepete - 2010-04-27

Hi Billy

Any chance you could add a recently added filter to the genre filters(AND) section of movies?

It could sort by date and minimize the list to maybe 10 movies?

Thanks

- ekim232 - 2010-05-01

For about the last day when I go to change fanart it always says there is none available. On the moviedb, there is plenty available. I just tested it with Avatar to make sure. Anyone else experiencing this?

- billyad2000 - 2010-05-01

ekim232 Wrote:For about the last day when I go to change fanart it always says there is none available. On the moviedb, there is plenty available. I just tested it with Avatar to make sure. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks for the heads up.

TMdb has tweaked the api for image results, the result is that the poster and fanart browser no longer work.

The main scraper does not use the same API so this still works.

The main benefit is that TMdb now displays image sizes within the API, allowing image sizes to be shown within MC.

I will have a new scraper available by the end of tomorrow.

- billyad2000 - 2010-05-01

Just thought I would mention that the Alternative Fanart and Poster Browsers still works, to access these browsers use the context menu item when right mouse clicking on a movie in a list.

- Kimmy - 2010-05-05

Hi,

when i'm using my xbmc on my htpc in databasemode, there are some file descriptions on the bottom of the screen (depends on the skin), for example logo's for h264, xvid, dts, dolbydigital and so on.

I've exported all information to seperated nfo files in every directory.

After that i read all nfo files with the Media Companion to change or update some information like the runtime of an movie.

After saving the changes/update and reloading the information in xbmc the logo for the sound (DTS, DolbyDigital) disappears.
This happens on every nfo file i changed through Media Companion.

It seems to be that Media Companion deleted the tag for the correct audio logo that have been show'n, bevor i changed the information with Media Companion.

Also some nfo's that xbmc creats contains the runtime information as follows:
"95 Min." or "ca 95 Min."
Media Companion reads that information correctly and show's it in the correct panel space, but when i change the sort order to "Runtime", Media Companion did not read that runtime information correctly and show's "000 min" for that movie in the list.
After changing the runtime from "95 Min." or "ca 95 Min." to "95 min" the sort order runtime show's the correct runtime information.

But changing and saving results in the error/mistake as mentioned before (missing logo e.g. DTS, DolbyDigital).

I'm using XBMC Camelot 9.11 and Media Companion 3.286.

I hope you can fix that or tell me how i can fix that error without losing information in my nfo's.

Thanks for the program and the hard work.

Greets Kimmy

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Media Companion changed the nfo as follows:

Before editing:
Code:
<streamdetails>
            <video>
                <codec>h264</codec>
                <aspect>2.352941</aspect>
                <width>1280</width>
                <height>544</height>
            </video>
            <audio>
                <codec>ac3</codec>
                <language>ger</language>
                <channels>6</channels>
            </audio>
            <audio>
                <codec>ac3</codec>
                <language>eng</language>
                <channels>6</channels>
            </audio>
        </streamdetails>
After editing and saving:
Code:
<streamdetails>
      <video>
        <width>1280</width>
        <height>544</height>
        <aspect>2.352941</aspect>
        <codec>h264</codec>
      </video>
    </streamdetails>

So Media Companion will delete the audio parts after editing.

- billyad2000 - 2010-05-05

Kimmy Wrote:After changing the runtime from "95 Min." or "ca 95 Min." to "95 min" the sort order runtime show's the correct runtime information.

So Media Companion will delete the audio parts after editing.

Just had a look at this, I was not adding the audio nodes to the parent node after creation, it has been fixed for the next build.

It will be available from http://billyad2000.darkbb.com/announcements-f1/ at some time on Sunday

- Kimmy - 2010-05-05

I've tested it with a movie that contains only 1 audio stream and i get the same result.
After saving the changes Media Companion deleted the audio tag in the nfo.

When i'm manually adding the audio tag back into the nfo Media Companion try's to reload the nfo but throw's exeption:
Code:
This nfo file could not be loaded

Ungültiges Zeichen in der angegebenen Codierung. Zeile 33, Position 28.

bei System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   bei System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)

Rescrapeing the movie should fix the problem

"Ungültiges Zeichen in der angegebenen Codierung ... " means "invalid charakter in the coding .... "

And when i'm using the option "Rescrape Movie" and overrite the old information, Media Companion delete's all information in the nfo.

Seems to be a problem with parsing the tagline's from the nfo?

Greets Kimmy

- billyad2000 - 2010-05-05

Looks like you are not adding legitimate xml.

The problem has been fixed, the next build will be available on Sunday.