Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- Kimmy - 2010-05-05

Quote:Looks like you are not adding legitimate xml.
Mmhh... i don't think so, but correct me if i did it wrong.
I did it as follows:

After saving with MC the xml looks like this (as mentioned before MC deleted the audio part):
Code:
<streamdetails>
      <video>
        <width>1920</width>
        <height>800</height>
        <aspect>2.400000</aspect>
        <codec>h264</codec>
        <duration>158 min</duration>
      </video>
      <subtitle>
        <language>ger</language>
      </subtitle>
    </streamdetails>

After adding the audio part manually it looks like:
Code:
<streamdetails>
      <video>
        <width>1920</width>
        <height>800</height>
        <aspect>2.400000</aspect>
        <codec>h264</codec>
        <duration>158 min</duration>
      </video>
            <audio>
                <codec>dts</codec>
                <language>ger</language>
                <channels>6</channels>
            </audio>
            <audio>
                <codec>dts</codec>
                <language>eng</language>
                <channels>6</channels>
            </audio>
      <subtitle>
        <language>ger</language>
      </subtitle>
    </streamdetails>

Reloading the nfo in XBMC are without any problems and the logo's for DTS are back.
But MC throws the exceptions.

Quote:The problem has been fixed, the next build will be available on Sunday.

Thank you for the fast respons.

Greets Kimmy

- billyad2000 - 2010-05-05

The xml error is at line 33, just count down the nfo and check that line.

Or rename the nfo, and open with explorer or firefox, these will show more details as to where the problem is.

- Kimmy - 2010-05-05

billyad2000 Wrote:The xml error is at line 33, just count down the nfo and check that line.

Ah, got it, the error was made by my editor (Notepad++).
Notepad++ changed language specific charakters like "ü,ä,ö" to "?".
So that was my fault ^^.

Greets

Kimmy

- CrystalP - 2010-05-06

Hello, I've been having trouble adding TV shows lately. I don't know when this behavior started as I don't add shows often.
Adding the folder is OK, the problem is on the 'TV Show Selector' screen. There is a match for the show name, but when I press the 'Scrape Show with Selected Options' button, the waiting dialog pops up, then I receive an exception:

Code:
Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.

The complete exception details are available here: http://xbmc.pastebin.com/MzhPjLkN

I tried deleting all settings and existing .nfo files, but it didn't help. Going back versions (I tried every one released in 2010) did not help either.

The show I was trying to add is 'Flight of the Conchords', but if I try to re-scrape any other show that previously scraped fine, the same problem happens.
I receive the same exception if I try to change the poster of an already scraped show with 'TVDb Specific' or 'TVDb All'. 'IMDB (All)' works fine.

Scraping new episodes of an already scraped show is OK.

I'm running v3.286 on W7 32. I installed VC++2010 lately, which may have disturbed a component MC depends on? Or something changed with TVDb?

I'm at a loss, please help!

- billyad2000 - 2010-05-06

CrystalP Wrote:Hello, I've been having trouble adding TV shows lately. I don't know when this behavior started as I don't add shows often.
Adding the folder is OK, the problem is on the 'TV Show Selector' screen. There is a match for the show name, but when I press the 'Scrape Show with Selected Options' button, the waiting dialog pops up, then I receive an exception:

Code:
Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.

The complete exception details are available here: http://xbmc.pastebin.com/MzhPjLkN

I'm at a loss, please help!

The exception is caused by TVDB returning an invalid xml, it seems that whatever the problem was that it is fixed not. I've just tested this and everything seems to be working fine.

If you are still experiencing a problem then it may be related to whatever settings you have selected in the 'TV Show Selector' page, just let me know what settings you are using.

- CrystalP - 2010-05-07

Thanks for helping out! It's good to know it's related to TVDb.

The settings on the TV Show Selector screen are:

Language: english
episode.nfo actor source: TVDB
tvshow.nfo actor source: TVDB
Sort Order: Default
Art Style: Poster
season-all.tbn: Poster

Download Poster/Banner: Yes
Download Fanart: Yes
Download Season Posters/Banners: Yes

The rest is turned off.

A ha! I just noticed something: going to Fanart for any show gives the error: "TVDB appears to be down at the moment, please try again later"
I can access the website just fine though. Disabling PeerBlock doesn't make any difference for anything.

Maybe a related issue: searching for '30 Rock' returns an error: "TVDB seems to have an error with the xml for this search", and there are no matches.

I tried deleting the Settings folder, thinking MC would reset to good default values, but it didn't help. Is there another place with settings information?

I'm a .Net dev so feel free to ask technical questions. I could even run MC under debugger if it comes to that.

Dvr-ms - Buff - 2010-05-08

Hi, great looking program but I can't get it to find my movies. Wondered if it was because they are all DVR-MS files?

Cheers

- billyad2000 - 2010-05-08

Buff Wrote:Hi, great looking program but I can't get it to find my movies. Wondered if it was because they are all DVR-MS files?

Cheers

If you let me what extension these files use I will it to the list.

- Buff - 2010-05-08

That'll be great, they're .dvr-ms extensions

Many thanks

- billyad2000 - 2010-05-08

Buff Wrote:That'll be great, they're .dvr-ms extensions

Many thanks

OK - there will be a new build available from tomorrow, support for these files will be added.

- vision_ - 2010-05-09

great program.

is possible to add extra thumbs automatically?

- Kimmy - 2010-05-10

billyad2000 Wrote:Just had a look at this, I was not adding the audio nodes to the parent node after creation, it has been fixed for the next build.

It will be available from http://billyad2000.darkbb.com/announcements-f1/ at some time on Sunday

Donwloaded Version 3.293 on Sunday, the first thing i checked was if the audio nodes was added or not, but got the same problems as before.

MC still remove's:
Code:
<audio>
                <codec>dca</codec>
                <language>ger</language>
                <channels>6</channels>
            </audio>
or
Code:
<audio>
                <codec>ac3</codec>
                <language>ger</language>
                <channels>6</channels>
            </audio>
from the xml after saving changes. XBMC will not show the audio information after a refresh anymore.

And in sort order runtime MC still did not reckognize "ca 92 Min." or "92 Min." with the right runtime. MC still show's 000 min for that movie.

- CrystalP - 2010-05-10

I'm sorry to say that my TVDB error is still there with 3.293. Is there anything I can do?

- gooms9 - 2010-05-19

I've just downloaded 3.293 (my first time using the program) and I've scraped a SMB network folder of movies. It finds the movies alright, and downloads all of the proper artwork etc for each movie as well as generates an nfo file and .tbn file in each movie directory. However, the nothing gets populated properly in the nfo file. For example, the outline of all my movies is set to This nfo file could not be loaded, and the plot is set to the following.

Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.

at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)
at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString, UriKind uriKind)
at System.Xml.XmlResolver.ResolveUri(Uri baseUri, String relativeUri)
at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.ResolveUri(Uri baseUri, String relativeUri)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl..ctor(String url, XmlNameTable nt)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader..ctor(String url, XmlNameTable nt)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
at Media_Companion.workingwithnfofiles.loadfullmovienfo(String path)

The tagline gets set to "Rescrapeing the movie should fix the problem". I've tried rescraping the movie a dozen times and nothing seems to work.

This happens for all 33 movies I have in the folder. I've verified that all of my networked files and directories have the correct permissions, and the artwork all works great. Any ideas on what could be happening?

Edit: I was originally trying this on windows XP, I tried it on windows 7 and get the same results as well. Also, it looks like if I clear out all of the meta info from the folder and do a fresh scan, if I mouse over the movie in the left panel, the plot and stuff seems to be properly populated in the tooltip. However the data is still showing the same error in the right panel.

- billyad2000 - 2010-05-19

gooms9 Wrote:I've just downloaded 3.293 (my first time using the program) and I've scraped a SMB network folder of movies. It finds the movies alright, and downloads all of the proper artwork etc for each movie as well as generates an nfo file and .tbn file in each movie directory. However, the nothing gets populated properly in the nfo file. For example, the outline of all my movies is set to This nfo file could not be loaded, and the plot is set to the following.

Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.

at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)
at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString, UriKind uriKind)
at System.Xml.XmlResolver.ResolveUri(Uri baseUri, String relativeUri)
at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.ResolveUri(Uri baseUri, String relativeUri)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl..ctor(String url, XmlNameTable nt)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader..ctor(String url, XmlNameTable nt)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
at Media_Companion.workingwithnfofiles.loadfullmovienfo(String path)

The tagline gets set to "Rescrapeing the movie should fix the problem". I've tried rescraping the movie a dozen times and nothing seems to work.

This happens for all 33 movies I have in the folder. I've verified that all of my networked files and directories have the correct permissions, and the artwork all works great. Any ideas on what could be happening?

Edit: I was originally trying this on windows XP, I tried it on windows 7 and get the same results as well. Also, it looks like if I clear out all of the meta info from the folder and do a fresh scan, if I mouse over the movie in the left panel, the plot and stuff seems to be properly populated in the tooltip. However the data is still showing the same error in the right panel.

Media Companion cannot open the nfo files due to an xml error, does the nfo file contain the movie data, if it does, then could you rename the nfo extension to '.xml' and open in your web browser - this will show you where the error is occuring.

Does rescrape fix the problem?

If the nfo files are malformed then I can't understand why, the nfo files are written by the .net XML handler, and this cannot write illegal xml.

Could you try using Media Companion to scrape a movie that is not located on your network, if it works then it still could be a permissions problem. Media Companion needs full permissions to read, write, delete and modify.