Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- SliceMessiah - 2010-06-19

Hi, I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, I've just been looking forever and unable to find the answer. I installed Media Companion on a flash drive with the goal of just having a nice media library kind of listing on the drive. I was wondering if there was a way to tell it to download and save the media info, screen caps, posters, and all that to an external folder. That way I could just have a nice in depth library so when friends of mine want to take my movie collection and "borrow" movies as it were, I don't have to lug out the external for them to browse, I can just show them the flash drive library, and my flash drive is high capacity enough to still have room left over for one or two movies to port over if they ask for them. Lol this is my brilliant idea at least, and I'm hoping I can use this program to do that... any suggestions, or is it just not going to be able to work for that?

- billyad2000 - 2010-06-20

SliceMessiah Wrote:Hi, I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, I've just been looking forever and unable to find the answer. I installed Media Companion on a flash drive with the goal of just having a nice media library kind of listing on the drive. I was wondering if there was a way to tell it to download and save the media info, screen caps, posters, and all that to an external folder. That way I could just have a nice in depth library so when friends of mine want to take my movie collection and "borrow" movies as it were, I don't have to lug out the external for them to browse, I can just show them the flash drive library, and my flash drive is high capacity enough to still have room left over for one or two movies to port over if they ask for them. Lol this is my brilliant idea at least, and I'm hoping I can use this program to do that... any suggestions, or is it just not going to be able to work for that?

Not as such - Although you can create a HTML library using the HTML output feature.

Although what you suggest cannot be accomplished directly from within Media Companion, all you would need to do would be to copy all the nfo's, tbn's and fanart files into a folder on your usb stick. Add that directory to the portable MC folders list, and all the movies will be listed since Media Companion works from the nfo files and not the media files (After the initial scrape). It could be achieved fairly simply with a batch file.

- ivanrlynn - 2010-07-11

Thanks for making this app, finding it quite enjoyable to use.

Just want to request a little fix that I have noticed for an upcoming build:

When the program is creating the .nfo file for videos\movies with a DTS audio component it places the info <codec>DTS</codec>

After doing a bit of digging around I found out (Here) that it has to be like this <codec>dca</codec> for it to be displayed in XBMC.

Keep up the great work!

- reekme - 2010-07-20

Hello First I wanted to say thanks for making such a great app and giving your free time to it.
I just started using Media Companion and I am running in to a bit of a problem. I have a lot of movies and every time I do a scan media Companion is adding duplicate enters and adding 2 or more movies for one movie.

My setup is like this I have my main drive called Movies and then I have individually folders for each movie and then a sub folder a sample folder and sometimes cd1 and cd2. So the movies that I am having problems with are like this Movies/Movie1/Movie1/cd1 and Movies/Movie1/Movie1/cd2. Media Companion will scan both CD1 and CD2 and add a movie title to the database for both. And most of the time both movie titles are wrong that are added.
I am using Media Companion V 3.317

Thank you

Code:
7/20/2010 2:24:33 AM

Starting Folder Scan

0 New movies found in directory:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5

0 New movies found in directory:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Chamber.Of.Secrets.PROPER.DVDRip.XViD-DVL

1 New movies found in directory:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Chamber.Of.Secrets.PROPER.DVDRip.XViD-DVL\CD1

1 New movies found in directory:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Chamber.Of.Secrets.PROPER.DVDRip.XViD-DVL\CD2

0 New movies found in directory:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Goblet.Of.Fire.DVDRip.XviD-NeDiVx

1 New movies found in directory:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Goblet.Of.Fire.DVDRip.XviD-NeDiVx\CD1

0 New movies found in directory:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Goblet.Of.Fire.DVDRip.XviD-NeDiVx\CD2

0 New movies found in directory:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Order.Of.The.Phoenix.2007.DVDRip.XviD-FLAiTE

1 New movies found in directory:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Order.Of.The.Phoenix.2007.DVDRip.XviD-FLAiTE\CD1

0 New movies found in directory:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Order.Of.The.Phoenix.2007.DVDRip.XviD-FLAiTE\CD2

0 New movies found in directory:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Prisoner.of.Azkaban.REPACK.WS.DVDRiP.XviD-MoF

1 New movies found in directory:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Prisoner.of.Azkaban.REPACK.WS.DVDRiP.XviD-MoF\CD1

0 New movies found in directory:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Prisoner.of.Azkaban.REPACK.WS.DVDRiP.XviD-MoF\CD2

0 New movies found in directory:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Sorcerers.Stone.DVDRip.REPACK.DivX-DVL

1 New movies found in directory:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Sorcerers.Stone.DVDRip.REPACK.DivX-DVL\CD1

1 New movies found in directory:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Sorcerers.Stone.DVDRip.REPACK.DivX-DVL\CD2

7 Movies found in all folders
Obtaining Title for each movie found, from path and filename

Filename is: H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Chamber.Of.Secrets.PROPER.DVDRip.XViD-DVL\CD1\dvl-hpcsa.rar
Title according to settings is: "CD1"

Filename is: H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Chamber.Of.Secrets.PROPER.DVDRip.XViD-DVL\CD2\dvl-hpcsb.rar
Title according to settings is: "CD2"

Filename is: H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Goblet.Of.Fire.DVDRip.XviD-NeDiVx\CD1\nedivx-hpgof-cd1.rar

Filename is: H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Order.Of.The.Phoenix.2007.DVDRip.XviD-FLAiTE\CD1\fl-hp-tooftp-cd1.rar

Filename is: H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Prisoner.of.Azkaban.REPACK.WS.DVDRiP.XviD-MoF\CD1\mof-hp3-repack-cd1.part01.rar

Filename is: H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Sorcerers.Stone.DVDRip.REPACK.DivX-DVL\CD1\dvl-hpra.rar

Filename is: H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Sorcerers.Stone.DVDRip.REPACK.DivX-DVL\CD2\dvl-hprb.rar
Title according to settings is: "CD2"

Starting Main Scraper Process

Scraping Title:- CD1
Output filename:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Chamber.Of.Secrets.PROPER.DVDRip.XViD-DVL\CD1\dvl-hpcsa.nfo
Poster Path:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Chamber.Of.Secrets.PROPER.DVDRip.XViD-DVL\CD1\dvl-hpcsa.tbn
Fanart Path:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Chamber.Of.Secrets.PROPER.DVDRip.XViD-DVL\CD1\dvl-hpcsa-fanart.jpg
NFO does not exist
Checking filename for IMDB ID
No IMDB ID found
Checking for Movie year in filename
No year found in filename
Cleaned Title for search :- CD1
Movie Body Scraped OKActors scraped OKMovie added to list

Scraping Title:- CD2
Output filename:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Chamber.Of.Secrets.PROPER.DVDRip.XViD-DVL\CD2\dvl-hpcsb.nfo
Poster Path:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Chamber.Of.Secrets.PROPER.DVDRip.XViD-DVL\CD2\dvl-hpcsb.tbn
Fanart Path:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Chamber.Of.Secrets.PROPER.DVDRip.XViD-DVL\CD2\dvl-hpcsb-fanart.jpg
NFO does not exist
No IMDB ID found
Cleaned Title for search :- CD2

Output filename:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Goblet.Of.Fire.DVDRip.XviD-NeDiVx\CD1\nedivx-hpgof-cd1.nfo
Poster Path:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Goblet.Of.Fire.DVDRip.XviD-NeDiVx\CD1\nedivx-hpgof.tbn
Fanart Path:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Goblet.Of.Fire.DVDRip.XviD-NeDiVx\CD1\nedivx-hpgof-fanart.jpg
NFO does not exist
No IMDB ID found
Output filename:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Order.Of.The.Phoenix.2007.DVDRip.XviD-FLAiTE\CD1\fl-hp-tooftp-cd1.nfo
Poster Path:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Order.Of.The.Phoenix.2007.DVDRip.XviD-FLAiTE\CD1\fl-hp-tooftp.tbn
Fanart Path:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Order.Of.The.Phoenix.2007.DVDRip.XviD-FLAiTE\CD1\fl-hp-tooftp-fanart.jpg
NFO does not exist
No IMDB ID found
Output filename:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Prisoner.of.Azkaban.REPACK.WS.DVDRiP.XviD-MoF\CD1\mof-hp3-repack-cd1.nfo
Poster Path:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Prisoner.of.Azkaban.REPACK.WS.DVDRiP.XviD-MoF\CD1\mof-hp3-repack.tbn
Fanart Path:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Prisoner.of.Azkaban.REPACK.WS.DVDRiP.XviD-MoF\CD1\mof-hp3-repack-fanart.jpg
NFO does not exist
No IMDB ID found

Output filename:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Sorcerers.Stone.DVDRip.REPACK.DivX-DVL\CD1\dvl-hpra.nfo
Poster Path:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Sorcerers.Stone.DVDRip.REPACK.DivX-DVL\CD1\dvl-hpra.tbn
Fanart Path:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Sorcerers.Stone.DVDRip.REPACK.DivX-DVL\CD1\dvl-hpra-fanart.jpg
NFO does not exist
No IMDB ID found

Scraping Title:- CD2
Output filename:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Sorcerers.Stone.DVDRip.REPACK.DivX-DVL\CD2\dvl-hprb.nfo
Poster Path:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Sorcerers.Stone.DVDRip.REPACK.DivX-DVL\CD2\dvl-hprb.tbn
Fanart Path:- H:\Complete.Harry.Potter.Pack.1-5\Harry.Potter.And.The.Sorcerers.Stone.DVDRip.REPACK.DivX-DVL\CD2\dvl-hprb-fanart.jpg
NFO does not exist
No IMDB ID found
Cleaned Title for search :- CD2

- charlieboy - 2010-07-23

Well I want to say "Thank You!" for this. I played with it for a bit and finally have my entire TV Show library complete (all 500+ episodes and counting). I always had a rough time with the tv shows for some reason. This was very useful!! SmileImage

- reekme - 2010-07-23

Does any one have an idea on the problem that I have been having. Any type of insight would be helpful. Thank you

- jokster - 2010-07-26

my only suggestions would be to clean up the movie names before scraping and make sure cd1 and cd2 are both in the same folder.
you could also look at setting MC to use folder names for look up and set it not to scan rar files smaller than 50mb (that way it wont scan in sub packs).

- ingeon - 2010-07-29

k1282 Wrote:however, i have 1 question regarding the scraping:
do i always have to remove and add my movie folder in xbmc, so that my xbmc library is updated correctly after updating via media companion? or does automatic scanning of libraries suffice?

I assume it`s an XBMC thing.
Now the following is not (I think) a MC issue, but I still want to ask...
I have 3 folders for TV shows (tv series/anime&manga/animation)
and a movies folder (with a few sub branches for genre`s etc.)
I scraped everything in MC including pretty much everything (actors/fanart/etc.)

I then installed XBMC 9.11 and it does not pick up some new shows scraped with MC v3.317
So installed Nigtly xbmc-r32178-Dharma.exe and added everything again.

Firstly it takes ages to scrape and then it pops up "Could not download information : Unable to connect to remote server Would you like to continue scanning?" and does nothing till U tell it to, then it still does not pick up everything even if i exit XBMC and go in again (update at startup on)
thus I have to manually scan each folder into library Sad

Any advice

- twojenkins - 2010-08-04

ingeon Wrote:I assume it`s an XBMC thing.
Now the following is not (I think) a MC issue, but I still want to ask...
I have 3 folders for TV shows (tv series/anime&manga/animation)
and a movies folder (with a few sub branches for genre`s etc.)
I scraped everything in MC including pretty much everything (actors/fanart/etc.)

I then installed XBMC 9.11 and it does not pick up some new shows scraped with MC v3.317
So installed Nigtly xbmc-r32178-Dharma.exe and added everything again.

Firstly it takes ages to scrape and then it pops up "Could not download information : Unable to connect to remote server Would you like to continue scanning?" and does nothing till U tell it to, then it still does not pick up everything even if i exit XBMC and go in again (update at startup on)
thus I have to manually scan each folder into library Sad

Any advice

I am having a similar issue with the Dharma branches. I tried a couple of the last few builds with the same problem. It seems to be pulling the information from the web and not from my nfo files. I installed the last stable release 9.11 and tried again with the same folders and it all worked as it should, pulling the info and images from the local folders. This same problem is currently being discussed on the following page. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78298&highlight=nfo

Hope this helps.

- athloni - 2010-08-18

When you import a XBMC nfo file into Media Companion, only the first of all genres is showed.
The XBMC nfo in this example is generated by exporting separate nfo files from the XBMC library.

Quote:<mpaa>G</mpaa>
<playcount>0</playcount>
<lastplayed></lastplayed>
<id></id>
<genre>Adventure</genre>
<genre>Animation</genre>
<country>United States of America</country>
<director>Clyde Geronimi</director>
<director>Hamilton Luske</director>
<director>Wolfgang Reitherman</director>
<premiered></premiered>
<status></status>
<code></code>
<aired></aired>
<trailer></trailer>

When imported into Media Companion, only one genre is showd (Adventure in this example).
Also the ID Tag in the XBMC file is always empty so Media Companion cannot update the nfo file by Batch Rescrapping.

- MindTooth - 2010-08-26

When I try to add a folder. Only receive an error:
Quote:See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Media_Companion.Form1.SetMovieAsWatchedToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4952 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Media Companion
Assembly Version: 3.3.1.7
Win32 Version: 3.3.1.7
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/MindTooth/Desktop/Media%20Companion/Media%20Companion.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
imdb
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/MindTooth/Desktop/Media%20Companion/imdb.DLL
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

- jeromem75 - 2010-09-16

great software :-)

- rudeboyx - 2010-09-16

jeromem75 Wrote:great software :-)

Here here, don't know how I'd get by without it.

- CrashnBrn - 2010-09-18

Posted this on their forum but there are many more people viewing on here Smile

Let's say I have 300 movies and want to remove all of the files that MC built/created during scraping. Is there an easy way of doing that without having to go through each folder 1x1 deleting the files?

Also

Top Gear Specials seems to be classified as season 20, and I can't find where to change the season in MC.

Thanks.

Oh and I'm assuming you can't un-rename TV shows as well.....

- craigd - 2010-09-18

Don't use mc for movies so can't help you there but if tv shows have wrong info in seasons it's nothing to do with mc as it just pulls data from tvdb. You'd need to update the show on their site.