Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- steve1977 - 2010-10-03

twojenkins Wrote:I am having a similar issue with the Dharma branches. I tried a couple of the last few builds with the same problem. It seems to be pulling the information from the web and not from my nfo files. I installed the last stable release 9.11 and tried again with the same folders and it all worked as it should, pulling the info and images from the local folders. This same problem is currently being discussed on the following page. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78298&highlight=nfo

Hope this helps.

Any updates? Dharma and TV shows dont work.

- Hjord - 2010-10-10

I have a movie thats called 'Alice' - when i scrape the movie it scrapes for Alice In Wonderland 2010.
How can this be?
Is it possible MC to ask if there is more than one movie named or almost named the same?

- billyad2000 - 2010-10-11

Mis-scrapes are easily dealt with

Just select the change movie tag and browse to the correct movie.

It may be worth checking out the media companion forums, the version of mc listed here is quite a bit out of date now. I doubt very much that the imdb scraper even works

See my sig for the link

- TheGeebs - 2010-10-11

My MC 3.317 isn't scraping movies anymore. It gets the Title, Fan Art, Runtime, and Poster but its not filling in:

Director
Credits
Genre
Cert
Outline
Plot
Tagline
Studio
Actors
Rating
Votes

This started two days ago with Equilibrium, Predators, Uncle Buck, So I Married An Axe Murderer and Back to the Future I. Get Him to the Greek filled in everything but the Plot. When I choose "Rescrape" or "Change Movie" it still does not fill in any of the information. I can browse Fan Art and Posters properly. Is IMDB blocking this now?

P.S. when I select "Help\Show XBMC Thread" it gets redirected. I think you need to update the URL

Changes to IMDB broke the scraper

Version 3.400 has an updated scraper library, while it is still being tested, initial results are promising.

Download 3.400

- Hjord - 2010-10-11

billyad2000 Wrote:Mis-scrapes are easily dealt with

Just select the change movie tag and browse to the correct movie.

It may be worth checking out the media companion forums, the version of mc listed here is quite a bit out of date now. I doubt very much that the imdb scraper even works

See my sig for the link

I got the newest version.
It would takes ages to run trough my whole collection of movies in that way.

Hjord Wrote:I got the newest version.
It would takes ages to run trough my whole collection of movies in that way.

MC is pretty accurate and will correctly scrape most movies correctly (Assuming that the files are named reasonably). The change movie feature is only for the odd movie that is miss-scraped.

- Nomar1245 - 2010-10-14

HJord,

If you click on the 'Movies' option at the very top, then select 'Batch Rescraper Wizard' it will bring up a menu that will give you the option to pull any data you're missing. That's what I just did.

- zepfan - 2010-10-15

I wish this ran in wine so I could get rid of virtualbox. Anyone get it working?

- Hjord - 2010-10-15

billyad2000 Wrote:MC is pretty accurate and will correctly scrape most movies correctly (Assuming that the files are named reasonably). The change movie feature is only for the odd movie that is miss-scraped.

I've noticed that MC rather take a Popular match than a exact match.
That does not make any sense.

Nomar1245: I don't exactly know what you mean, but i'm gotta try it. Thanks.

- PatK - 2010-10-16

For the most part XBMC works on my whole collection, but I would like a tool to enable more flexibility over the scraping.

I've loaded up MC for the first time.. It scanned about 50% of the files correctly, but any folder that 'only' has folder.jpg as the poster is leaving the poster out.. The 'other 50%', any quick fix to either only scan for the poster or duplicate folder.jpg as movie.tbn?

Update: I've discovered the nice batch re-scrape wizard, I picked the a few items I wanted to re-scrape (posters big on this, and removed the make folder.jpg checkmark in case of an overwrite, some I've had to hand make) and the re-scraping took a few minutes for over 50, but not all got poster images... seems 3 obscure movies missed (no biggy hand do those) but another 11 created a small movie.tbn file that was in reality... a movie.nfo name as the poster thumb. Might be because I chose to update country too?

- billyad2000 - 2010-10-17

PatK Wrote:For the most part XBMC works on my whole collection, but I would like a tool to enable more flexibility over the scraping.

I've loaded up MC for the first time.. It scanned about 50% of the files correctly, but any folder that 'only' has folder.jpg as the poster is leaving the poster out.. The 'other 50%', any quick fix to either only scan for the poster or duplicate folder.jpg as movie.tbn?

Update: I've discovered the nice batch re-scrape wizard, I picked the a few items I wanted to re-scrape (posters big on this, and removed the make folder.jpg checkmark in case of an overwrite, some I've had to hand make) and the re-scraping took a few minutes for over 50, but not all got poster images... seems 3 obscure movies missed (no biggy hand do those) but another 11 created a small movie.tbn file that was in reality... a movie.nfo name as the poster thumb. Might be because I chose to update country too?

I'm not 100% sure what your saying, but i'll try to answer.

I thought that folder.jpg could be scraped by XBMC as a poster, it seems wasteful to need a copy for the file browser and the library. I'll need verification on whether XBMC is supposed to ignore folder.jpg files in the library, or if as I thought, it could use these files.

As for the rest. I get the part about the three obscure movies missed, MC attempts to scrape from a number of sources, but is not always successful.
As for the other 11, could you give me a little bit more detail about what is happening.

- PatK - 2010-10-17

billyad2000 Wrote:I'm not 100% sure what your saying, but i'll try to answer.

I thought that folder.jpg could be scraped by XBMC as a poster, it seems wasteful to need a copy for the file browser and the library. I'll need verification on whether XBMC is supposed to ignore folder.jpg files in the library, or if as I thought, it could use these files.

As for the rest. I get the part about the three obscure movies missed, MC attempts to scrape from a number of sources, but is not always successful.
As for the other 11, could you give me a little bit more detail about what is happening.

Sorry for any misunderstandings... my bad. Ah yes XBMC does scrape and use the folder.jpg and in XBMC it all shows up as planned. I was commenting that MC doesn't show them.. and reports that posters are missing, when in reality... they are in the movie folder, but called folder.jpg

For the files missing posters/covers (actually locally available called folder.jpg) I tried the selective re-scrape wizard to just grab the posters. Unfortunately it looked like it did something, but turns out all the images were .nfo files saved with the .tbn prefix and not longer seen as missing posters.. although a quick peek at the 'wall' indicated blanks.

I'm sure the issues I'm having are just the unfamiliarity of the software, and as soon as I get to understand what is going on... I can do work a around.

- Death-Axe - 2010-10-18

Hi, good shows manager you have here! one problem though, I hit search for new eps on one particular show and it needed to be in DVD order. Trouble is it scraped it half in aired and half in DVD order as i stupidly hit the button to change it to DVD order half way through.

Now my season 1 is wrong and season 2 is only half there, but season 3 is fine. Re scraping wont fix it and hitting rebuild etc doesn't either.

I took it from the folders list and re added but still no go. Please help?

- Death-Axe - 2010-10-18

NM, just deleted all the nfos etc and started again.