Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- Methanoid - 2011-02-11

Thanks mate. All sorted now.. just 900 odd files to fix Wink

- Warren17c - 2011-02-11

Methanoid Wrote:Thanks mate. All sorted now.. just 900 odd files to fix Wink

No probs. Pretty new at this myself. there are auto file re-namers / folder updater's out there. I used folder monkey to do mine then uninstalled it.

- Death-Axe - 2011-02-17

I think the tvdb scraper needs updating, it's not scraping fanart and I can't browse covers from there any more. Fan art is defiantly available, had to manually download it from the site.

- mwkurt - 2011-02-17

If you are currently trying to scrape thetvdb, it is down and not accessible.

Mark

- timmi1000 - 2011-02-17

To have german scrapers whould be very nice. Only IMDB is not really much...

- mwkurt - 2011-02-17

Billy or anyone,

Is there a setting to not allow overwriting of nfo files? If so, could someone tell me how to keep Media Companion from overwriting?

Thanks,
Mark

- rudeboyx - 2011-02-18

by default media companion doesn't overwrite .nfo's.

you need to delete them manually or force a re-scrape by choosing "change movie" (or something similar) from the GUI

- mwkurt - 2011-02-18

I tested it on one show and the nfo file was overwritten. Maybe you can tell me. I don't want any nfo files made by 3rd party scrapers. All I want is for a 3rd party scraper to get my artwork for me.
What is the setting that will allow me to do this?

Thanks,
Mark

- rudeboyx - 2011-02-18

If media companion overwrote .nfo files, every time you scanned for new content it would take ages scanning your entire collection again, overwriting every .nfo as it goes. THIS SIMPLY DOESN'T HAPPEN.

Maybe media companion sees your "Pre-made" .nfo's and deems them incompatible, hence it corrects the .nfo.

Media companion is probably not the best tool for what you want as it relies on the .nfo files being correct and compatible in order to pull the correct artwork.

- mwkurt - 2011-02-19

rudeboyx,

I hate to disagree with you, but it does overwrite the nfo files. I am pretty sure that the files were XBMC compatible, as I used XBMC export to make them. Maybe MC doesn't overwrite nfo files it makes, but it surely does overwrite them if XBMC makes them.

Mark

Trailers? - preproman - 2011-02-19

Are you able to do a "batch" trailer download?

- rudeboyx - 2011-02-22

mwkurt Wrote:rudeboyx,

I hate to disagree with you, but it does overwrite the nfo files. I am pretty sure that the files were XBMC compatible, as I used XBMC export to make them. Maybe MC doesn't overwrite nfo files it makes, but it surely does overwrite them if XBMC makes them.

Mark

Thats what I meant, Media companion must deem the .nfo's as incompatible ("with its self").

Ultimately I would do a full scan anyway as media companion also reads the data from the videos, which adds media flags to the .nfo so that video size/audio etc are shown in xbmc.

I know xbmc will show you these anyway but you have to launch the video at least once for xbmc to make a record where as media companions .nfo's enable these flags to be displayed once scanned to library.

- Rodimus - 2011-02-27

This is stumping me totally.

I've recently got an unraid server up and running and now that my media is all on it, media companion jsut dies when I change the path to //tower/tv for example. It simply refuses to load it.

Is this a known issue that I've not been able to find with searching google et al?

Or have I got other issues I need to figure out?

Ok I finally got it to add, now it can scrape the ones that are already there but a bunch have banners instead of posters, And whenever I try to dl a replacement it gives me a generic error.

- thunderbunny - 2011-04-04

Don't know if anyone is still reading this thread but... lately movies aren't completely scraping for me. Gives me fanart and poster and thats about it. Anybody else having this issue?

- morikaweb - 2011-04-09

Is this still an active project? I know they moved to codeplex.com a while ago but there has not been any releases since December last year.