Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- StormyKnight - 2011-05-16

@bobrap, I believe the cancel movie search waits until the current movie is finished before it stops, so it can appears to be slow to react, perhaps better user feedback could be handy here...
Movie search's do take a long time, there is a lot of information that is downloaded from multiple web pages. In addition, from memory only the first 50 search's use google to find the IMDB number, the remainder use the IMDB search which is much slower. The reason for the google limit is that they block you temporarily if you hit them too often.
We are looking into the scraper issues, & I think I found the issue with the IMDB window. I didn't add these features, so I'm doing a crash course on how they have been implemented - no pun intended!

@john_austin, you can try a few things to see if they can help diagnose the issue.
For example, add an X to the plot of a movie & save the nfo in MC. Get XBMC to refresh to movie & see if the MC plot appears rather than the XBMC scraped version.

If the MC plot appears, then the fanart should also, if it doesn't then we need to look into why XBMC is ignoring the nfo files....

Are you using the latest XBMC? There was an issue some time back where XBMC didn't see a folder as changed so it never reimported the nfo from it on a refresh....

Cheers

- john_austin - 2011-05-16

Stomy - thanks for the reply.

I am using the latest stable build, 10.4. I edited the NFO as you suggested and the plot was not updated. However, if I go to the 'details' screen for any individual movie and hit 'refresh', I get a prompt that states 'Local information is available - download anyway?'. So, if I select 'No', then it does refresh the DB with the local data - both the artwork and the NFO (plot, etc.).

I realize this is a now a XBMC question not a MC question, but is there a way to do this for all of the movies? Thanks..

- bobrap - 2011-05-16

Thanks, looking forward to the next build. Big Grin

- StormyKnight - 2011-05-17

no worries @bobrap, you'll be happy to know that we have added a feature upon your request...

When you hit the Cancel Movie Search button, the text will change to ...Cancelling..., to give the end user feedback that MC is now cancelling the thread related to the new movie search. If you have a lot of movies &/or a slow connection to your files (NAS), then at the moment MC finishes the full folder search before it sees if the user has hit the cancel button....
After the folder search, MC checks after each individual movie has been scraped.

Anyway have a look when 3.4.0.2b is released & see if that's better!

Cheers

- StormyKnight - 2011-05-17

john_austin Wrote:I realize this is a now a XBMC question not a MC question, but is there a way to do this for all of the movies? Thanks..

I know I said refresh in my post, but have you tried an update library? Other than that the only way I know of is to remove that folder from the library & re add it....

Cheers

- castortray - 2011-05-18

StormyKnight Wrote:Thanks castortray I will look into it.

any updates in this issue ?

I can help in test, just let me know.

Thanks

This episode could not be found on TVDB - HexusOdy - 2011-05-18

Hi Guys,

Any solution yet to "This episode could not be found on TVDB"?

I've been having thr problem for many months, maybe a year with MC. In the last version Billy did and the latest Beta.

I have 3 today, both episodes of NCIS from last night and Breaking In. Yet the same episodes scrape fine with a very old original version of Ember with basic TV support.

Can't be a TVDB issue right if Ember is scraping them fine?

- StormyKnight - 2011-05-19

@castortray, looks like MC will only work with IMDB & TMDB XBMC scrapers @ the moment, as they are the only two that have settings in the code at this stage. I have added a issue under the issue tracker on codeplex for us to have a look into it. The original developer that added the ability of the XBMC scrapers are no longer active so the current ones have to learn how it works & how it is supposed to work.

@HexusOdy, I'm very much in favour of showing more details in terms of scraping progress so that when a scrape fails, the end user can report the actual point of failure because I too have see this behaviour, but often if you try again it works!

Just now I added NCIS & episodes S08E23 & S08E24 & both scraped fine using the MC TVDB scraper. Have you tried the XBMC scraper?

I will be adding more detail to the logs so we can track down the issue.

Cheers

- Pr.Sinister - 2011-05-19

Glad to see someone is picking up my favorite tool and updating it.

Thanks a whole bunch!

Ok... now...

My 2 biggest problems with Ember are the size of the poster displayed when going through the list and the fact that i can never get the big size when re-scraping only the poster.

MC is perfect for that cause you can clearly see when the poster is in a different language without having to open another dialog and the interface is super easy to use in my opinion. It may be ugly but only having to click poster or fanart to change those is something i hope you do not get rid of.

One problem i have noticed in the old version and even the new one from May 12th is that when changing a poster you don't like and the source is TMDB, the poster you save will always be half the original resolution.

This is extra annoying because i like when the posters are nice and detailed like those 1000x1500 ones but when MC saves it, it makes them half that size.

This seems to only happen on TMDB since on IMPawards, it gives you the choice between saving normal or low resolution.

Again, thanks for taking this project on and i hope to see 2 things in the future that Ember has :

extrathumbs and batch downloading of trailers (but from HD-trailers, not youtube)

Keep up the good work!

- StormyKnight - 2011-05-20

New Weekly Release Media Companion 3.4.0.2b is now up for download...

http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/releases/view/66703

General Notes
Further investigation in to running MC in different DPI enviroments has concluded that we basically need to move the GUI to a WPF application to solve that issue. In the mean time, we will work on ways to change the formating via code depending on the system dpi. This has yet to be implemented, so in 120dpi enviroments, some overlapping of label & textboxes will occur.

Added Features
When you change the text font for the text boxes, MC now shows you the name of the font & its size in that particular font. In addition you can reset the font back to the default.
Debug Tab - During the BETA phase of MC, we have added a debug tab. On that tab will be information relating to the background operation of MC in order to assist in the diagnosis of issues. At the moment it displays the system dpi & has a checkbox to enable the viewing of the slider positions on the movie page. More will be added in time.
Added option to enable full certification text for the MC Movie Scraper - So it can be 'UK:15' instead of just '15' - some skins look for this.
When cancelling a Movie search, the tab will change to indicate the MC is cancelling the search thread. This still does take a little time, but atleast you can see that it is in progress.
Added Codeplex URL to help menu

Fixes
GUI - Should now be showing all options properly...(96dpi only)
XBMC TMDB setting will now stick after restart.

Thanks for all the feedback!
Enjoy!

@Pr.Sinister, yes we have an Issue logged for this issue, I hope to investigate it during the next week.

http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/workitem/34

Cheers
Richard

P.S. I added two more to investigate the
extrathumbs http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/workitem/38
& the batch Downloading of trailers
http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/workitem/39

- Hjord - 2011-05-20

I don't get any FanArt for movies when i add new.
If i try the FanArt browser it finds nothing.
I am sure the movie has fanart on TMDb.

Am i the only one this happens for?

- Pr.Sinister - 2011-05-22

StormyKnight Wrote:P.S. I added two more to investigate the
extrathumbs http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/workitem/38
& the batch Downloading of trailers
http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/workitem/39

Wow! Excellent!

Thank you man!

Basic Setup? - kartman_canada - 2011-05-24

I'm really sorry to ask this... but I'm confused...

I've restructured a sample directory (for testing) of my movies into the following...

X:\Movies\Title\

where title repeated about 50 times with the various titles and the source file for each movie is beneath. I've installed the latest stable MC (3.400) and managed to point it at my root movie dir (X:\Movies) and it scraped 100% leaving a 'title.nfo' and 'title.tbn' in each sub dir...

Now, I went to XBMC and I removed all sources and tried readding my test tree, setting the "content type" to 'Movies'. This is where I'm confused.... what scraper do I set? Is there a setup guide somewhere that I missed?

I'm sure I'm missing something pretty simple... a little help?