Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- rudeboyx - 2011-06-10

StormyKnight Wrote:I scraped Notorious & then replaced my nfo with yours. I then successfully was able to rebuild....

how about searching for new movies after this? does it try to replace my .nfo with another new one? thats where I was running into issues.

I'll give 3.406 a try tonight or tomorrow and let you know if I have anymore issues.

Thanks for the help

RBX

- StormyKnight - 2011-06-13

rudeboyx Wrote:I'll give 3.406 a try tonight or tomorrow and let you know if I have anymore issues.

OK no worries Big Grin

- bobrap - 2011-06-13

If I missed it, I'm sorry. But, are the movie scrapers not working 100%? I'm still missing plot/outline in some scraped movies. Using EMM scrapes them fine. Thanks.

- HexusOdy - 2011-06-13

StormyKnight Wrote:MC 3.405 released

* GZIP decoding has now been added. It was found that in perhaps 30% of cases, TVDB would return the XML data zipped. So now we check for that & decode as necessary. The decode method is also noted in the log.

Thank you very much! This GZIP update fixes the problem thats been bugging me for ages in regard to "This episode could not be found on TVDB"

- StormyKnight - 2011-06-14

bobrap Wrote:If I missed it, I'm sorry. But, are the movie scrapers not working 100%? I'm still missing plot/outline in some scraped movies. Using EMM scrapes them fine. Thanks.

Can you provide the name of the movie & does it eventually work?
Also which XBMC scraper IMDB or TMDB
BTW does MC's built in scraper work?

- StormyKnight - 2011-06-14

HexusOdy Wrote:Thank you very much! This GZIP update fixes the problem thats been bugging me for ages in regard to "This episode could not be found on TVDB"

No worries, I too was surprised at the number of results that where zipped. No wonder we were having trouble Eek

- bobrap - 2011-06-14

Birdy (1985) is one movie using MC's IMDB scraper. When I try to change scrapers and save/exit i Get this error and can't exit the program...http://pastebin.com/n4jUz0Cg

- rendered - 2011-06-14

I seem to be having a problem scaping a few of my TV shows. I get the following error:

No TVDB ID is available for this show, please scrape the show using the "TV Show Selector" TAB

Can anyone please help?

- Death-Axe - 2011-06-15

403 seems to be buggered, you fixed the null value exception crap? seriously annoying.

406b seems fine. Thanks guys.

- likelinus - 2011-06-15

Sorry for the long reply from the last post I had. I decided to stop using Media Companion and started using another product. It works, but I don't like the UI and the resources it uses. So I want to try MC2 again but I'm still running into the same problem that MC2 isn't automatically downloading atleast one fanart.jpg. I can view the fanart and download it if I select the fanart tab, but is there a way to have it automatically download the first one it finds from TMDB?

You mentioned to switch the scraper to XBMC but I cannot for the life of me find where to switch scrapers. Where the heck is the menu to change this option? What am I missing here??

- vbat99 - 2011-06-15

bobrap Wrote:Birdy (1985) is one movie using MC's IMDB scraper. When I try to change scrapers and save/exit i Get this error and can't exit the program...http://pastebin.com/n4jUz0Cg

I get the same error when I've put 3.406b-2 patch over top (overwrite MediaCompanion.exe).

- bobrap - 2011-06-15

Tried patch3 and have same problem. MC is unusable for me now SadHuh

- vbat99 - 2011-06-16

Have just tried Patch-3 and not crashing now. Thanks for the new patch.

But, just noted a character is being screwed up. Below is the plot for "Packed To The Rafters", "Season 2, Episode 10". Note the strange characters but the name Jake and around the work Unknown and at the end.
Quote:Dave has finally opened his original birth certificate. Inside is the name of his birth mother, but his birth father is ‘unknown’. Encouraged by Julie, Dave tells the rest of the family. Buoyed by their enthusiasm to find out more, Dave fills in an online profile for an organisation which brings adopted parents and children together. Initially thrilled when the organisation finds his mother, Dave is devastated when they reveal she doesn’t want to see him. But is the door closed forever?

Meanwhile, Rachel invites herself to Jake’s place for lunch to meet his family, keen to take the next step in their relationship. But all her expectations are challenged by Jake’s cheeky brother Alex, who has cerebral palsy, and their mother Grace, who takes an instant dislike to Rachel.

Things go from bad to worse between Rachel and Grace when Jake is injured in a workplace accident. When Rachel dashes to his side, Grace finally lets loose, telling Rachel to leave her son alone.

Nathan is slowly being pulled into the darker side of the music business. After kicking yet more goals for the company, Layla suggests they celebrate with cocaine. Nathan resists initially, then gives in – what harm can a few lines do

And here is a Copy direct from theTVDB Site:
Quote:Dave has finally opened his original birth certificate. Inside is the name of his birth mother, but his birth father is ‘unknown’. Encouraged by Julie, Dave tells the rest of the family. Buoyed by their enthusiasm to find out more, Dave fills in an online profile for an organisation which brings adopted parents and children together. Initially thrilled when the organisation finds his mother, Dave is devastated when they reveal she doesn’t want to see him. But is the door closed forever?

Meanwhile, Rachel invites herself to Jake’s place for lunch to meet his family, keen to take the next step in their relationship. But all her expectations are challenged by Jake’s cheeky brother Alex, who has cerebral palsy, and their mother Grace, who takes an instant dislike to Rachel.

Things go from bad to worse between Rachel and Grace when Jake is injured in a workplace accident. When Rachel dashes to his side, Grace finally lets loose, telling Rachel to leave her son alone.

Nathan is slowly being pulled into the darker side of the music business. After kicking yet more goals for the company, Layla suggests they celebrate with cocaine. Nathan resists initially, then gives in – what harm can a few lines do

As you can see, character for an ' and - are not being handled correctly.

Also, when adding a new TV Show Folder, and clicking on Save Changes, MC windows disappears behind any other open window, ie, Windows Explorer, and we only see the small box with "Changes Saved", and 'OK" Button. Have to bring MC back as the main windows each time.

And at one stage, under TV Shows, the "Folders" button disappeared and I had to restart MC. Tried to reproduce but couldn't.

Anyway. Thanks for keeping the Fantastic program alive.

- likelinus - 2011-06-16

likelinus Wrote:Sorry for the long reply from the last post I had. I decided to stop using Media Companion and started using another product. It works, but I don't like the UI and the resources it uses. So I want to try MC2 again but I'm still running into the same problem that MC2 isn't automatically downloading atleast one fanart.jpg. I can view the fanart and download it if I select the fanart tab, but is there a way to have it automatically download the first one it finds from TMDB?

You mentioned to switch the scraper to XBMC but I cannot for the life of me find where to switch scrapers. Where the heck is the menu to change this option? What am I missing here??

Can anyone give me advice on how to add the XBMC scraper instead of the stock one?

- likelinus - 2011-06-16

likelinus Wrote:Can anyone give me advice on how to add the XBMC scraper instead of the stock one?

Well I gave Ember Media Manager a shot and it's AWESOME! It works just as advertised and it's very simple to use. I like that you can sort the movies by NFO, Posters, Fanart and such...see which movies do not have one of those and then select what you want to update. Great tool.

Sorry - I meant to edit the above comment and not double post. Accident.