Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

Change Movie - tvieson - 2009-07-10

Small issue with the change movie. Picked up the 101 Dalmatians Cartoon as the movie instead of the original 1961 cartoon. Hit the change movie button and selected the correct movie and it inputted all the correct info except for the title. It changed the title of the movie in the nfo file as the name of the folder which the movie is stored in.

New version 3.039 - billyad2000 - 2009-07-11

Changes for new version 3.039
  • Bugfix - Creation of thumbnail url list from IMPA on some movies would cause Media Scraper to skip current movie, would also cause exception when changing movie
  • Bugfix - Titles names starting "The", listed as "Movietitle, The" would not stick after editing
  • Bugfix - Editing a movie from the edit screen would not reload the movie on the main screen on exit
  • Bugfix - (Needs Testing) If a nfo existed containing an IMDB ID then all following movies would scrape this same movie
  • Bugfix - Change Movie browser would sometimes hang
  • Updated - Sort by date now works 100% in all modes, system changed from creation date, to file modified date, if an nfo file is changed in any way it will now go to the top of the list.
  • Cosmetic - Redundant "Rebuild Movies" removed from tools menu
  • Cosmetic - Fanart & Poster Buttons swapped around to match location on main screen
Download Version 3.039

Just overwrite the previous version, the config will remain compatable.

Many thanks to everyone for the bug reports, keep them coming (Not to many though Smile)

Coming soon
Batch wizard - rescrape or update all movies by the selected tags.

- tvieson - 2009-07-11

Any ETA on when you will have TV Shows back in. I didn't have any problems with it in the old version and still use the old version for the TV shows. Would be nice not to have to switch between 2 versions.

Thanks for the hard work

- J_K_M_A_N - 2009-07-11

billyad2000 Wrote:Changes for new version 3.039
  • Bugfix - Creation of thumbnail url list from IMPA on some movies would cause Media Scraper to skip current movie, would also cause exception when changing movie
  • Bugfix - Titles names starting "The", listed as "Movietitle, The" would not stick after editing
  • Bugfix - Editing a movie from the edit screen would not reload the movie on the main screen on exit
  • Bugfix - (Needs Testing) If a nfo existed containing an IMDB ID then all following movies would scrape this same movie
  • Bugfix - Change Movie browser would sometimes hang
  • Updated - Sort by date now works 100% in all modes, system changed from creation date, to file modified date, if an nfo file is changed in any way it will now go to the top of the list.
  • Cosmetic - Redundant "Rebuild Movies" removed from tools menu
  • Cosmetic - Fanart & Poster Buttons swapped around to match location on main screen
Download Version 3.039

Just overwrite the previous version, the config will remain compatable.

Many thanks to everyone for the bug reports, keep them coming (Not to many though Smile)

Coming soon
Batch wizard - rescrape or update all movies by the selected tags.

The sorting seems to work perfectly now. Also, I scanned 4 movies with one of them having an NFO with the IMDB link and that worked as well. And the rating quick save works as well.

Those are the only bugs I have seen and they seem to be fixed. Thanks.

J_K_M_A_N

- antigravity - 2009-07-12

I've been using Media Companion 1 for quite a while now, but have tried most versions of Media Companion 2, and can't get any of them to work properly (incl. 3.039)

The 'File', 'Edit' and 'Tool' menu's don't work (can't click on them, no drop down appears, no error message appears - they just don't work)

Also, I can't add TV folders to the database, but can add Movie folders just fine. When I click on 'Add single folder' or 'Add root folder' it just does nothing. No error message either.

I'm running Windows 7100. Have tried running in Vista capability mode with no change.

Have tried fresh installs of all the versions, with no luck either.

Any help would be great, as Media Companion 2 looks awesome.

- crash123 - 2009-07-12

Quote:The 'File', 'Edit' and 'Tool' menu's don't work (can't click on them, no drop down appears, no error message appears - they just don't work)
They arn't there yet because they havn't been coded yet
Quote:Also, I can't add TV folders to the database, but can add Movie folders just fine. When I click on 'Add single folder' or 'Add root folder' it just does nothing. No error message either.
Billy has yet to write the code for tv shows in gen2 i.e there is no support for them yet.

- antigravity - 2009-07-12

crash123 Wrote:They arn't there yet because they havn't been coded yet

Billy has yet to write the code for tv shows in gen2 i.e there is no support for them yet.

Ah ok, great thanks... Apologies for not picking that up in previous posts.

Looking forward to the development of V2!

- billyad2000 - 2009-07-12

Media Companion gen2 may look similar to gen1, but there are extensive changes under the hood so to speak.

Methods used by gen1 just are not compatable, most of the programming has to be done from scratch. It makes for slow going, but the result so far has been a fairly solid application with hardly any bugs that is easy to maintain.

I will be starting on tvshows in about a week.

- crash123 - 2009-07-12

antigravity Wrote:Ah ok, great thanks... Apologies for not picking that up in previous posts.

Looking forward to the development of V2!
All good man. BTW it's looking really good billy and working really well.

- J_K_M_A_N - 2009-07-12

Nevermind....I was looking at an old entry. Tongue

J_K_M_A_N

- sicon99 - 2009-07-14

A couple notes with 3.031

Some of my movies are listed twice...

When you click on change movie I keep getting a page error (expected identifier, string or number) - which no longer works for chaning movie if you get the error

Its happened with a few different ones.. works in IE/firefox though.. so not sure..

for posters every movie that i scanned had the Paris je t'amie poster and i manually had to hit the poster button for each new movie and select it.. they did not autoscrape.

Other than that its looking good so far!

- billyad2000 - 2009-07-14

sicon99 Wrote:A couple notes with 3.031

Some of my movies are listed twice...

When you click on change movie I keep getting a page error (expected identifier, string or number) - which no longer works for chaning movie if you get the error

Its happened with a few different ones.. works in IE/firefox though.. so not sure..

for posters every movie that i scanned had the Paris je t'amie poster and i manually had to hit the poster button for each new movie and select it.. they did not autoscrape.

Other than that its looking good so far!

Latest version is 3.039

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=366675&postcount=77

- sicon99 - 2009-07-15

Awesome! thanks

- Bizzarro - 2009-07-16

Billy,
I just wanted to say awesome work. I have been using Media Companion for a while now and I am completely hooked. I am amazed at how quickly you have been able to update the code and address peoples questions. Keep up the good work and thank you.
-Biz

- RockDawg - 2009-07-16

I've ben using MC for a whiole now, but this is the first I tried the new re-written version. It sees my existing nfo's just fine, but it doesn't find newly added movies. Also, under settings/scraper/movie scraper the default movie scarper only lists IMDB but it is not ticked. If I tick it, close the settings window (there's no save or apply button) and come back, it is still not ticked.