Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- Jyujinkai - 2011-08-28

wow, fantastic, MC has always been my fav scrapper. Downloading now, I hope it has support for "extrathumb art" now... great to see this is alive I am so happy!! were is your donation link?

<--- Edit
I am not really getting any problems, just scrapped my newest films easy no trouble. I still do not see a function for "extrafanart". I would like to sugest this to the devs. Basiclly many new skins allow random backdrops on each film. Is there anyway MC can support this, basicly instead of downloading 1 backdrop, you just highlight tick all the ones you want and it downloads them all. Placing them in a folder names extrafanart. Also many of the new skins use random backgrounds on the main screen, so a option to mirror all fanart downloads to a single directory would also be great..

So at the moment I am using EMBER Scrapper thing, it is ok and sorta works but is not even close to as good as MC imo. Though it dose have the above features witch make it a must have for anyone using advanced skins..

1) - Ability to download multipul fanarts for a single film. Prefrably user selected (so say I could select 5 of the 10)
2) - The extra fan art placed in a directoy called ExtraFanArt
3) - Option in the FILM and a seperate option for the TV SHOWS to mirror all downloaded fanart to a single directory. For example I have all my TVshows mirroring to TVShowBck and films to FILMbck. So the skin can look in these directoes to get random menu wall paper when you highlight film or tv in the skin. I know of at least 2 skins other then the one I use that do this.

The only problem with the extra fan art thing is it that it needs each film and tv show to be in a seperate folder, but that is a small price to pay for having awesome random fan art... Anyway.. somthing to consider Smile

Do you have a twitter or somthign i can follow to keep uptodate on... updates Smile

<---- Edit 2
Oh one more thing i forgot, in ember they have a trailer option were you can just enter a string, instead of downloading it so yuo go to the internet and stream it. I like to stream form youtube, and have to edit all the ember outputs to this...

plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&amp;videoid=[youtube video code - eg:SP-lHUtNeHg] This way you use the xbmc plugin (and associated quality settings) to play the trailer as a stream directly off youtube.

Please consider adding a way to manually enter text into teh trailer field instead of a big download button, also would be great if it was already default filled with "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&amp;videoid=" or a button to fill it or somthing....

- jz1276 - 2011-08-29

Just downloaded 3415 and everything is scraping properly except for actors.

- jz1276 - 2011-08-31

So no one answered my last post about actors not showing up. Actors for TV shows dont show up. Credits, director and trailer url's for movies dont scrape either (says "scraper error". Before this program went open source it always worked perfectly, now there hasnt been a stable release since. What is going on?

- StormyKnight - 2011-09-01

jz1276 Wrote:What is going on?

The original author is no longer active with MC since 3.400 & as such kindly placed it on the internet for fans as open source.

We also had no information about how MC worked from the original author so its been a steep learning curve to not only understand how MC works but also how to fix bugs let alone changes to the scrapers as required...

We only have currently 3 active programmers & want more! We all are programming in our spare time & for betterment of MC & work & family as it should takes precedence....

We welcome anyone who has programming experience to sign up as a developer & give us a hand to fix bugs & add features etc etc....

We are especially looking for developers actively using XBMC with the latest skins so that the latest features of XBMC can be incorporated in MC.

Cheers hope you can come onboard!

http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/

StormyKnight

- scovette - 2011-09-07

Had the same problem as others with TV episodes not scraping, so I deleted by tvshow.nfos Then "check roots for new shows". After that no problems.Smile

- cmekki - 2011-09-08

Hi all

just one question, is it possible to add custom Genre to MC?

Best Regards
cmekki

- Death-Axe - 2011-09-11

Ok, so I went from the last stable build to the latest build due to getting scraper errors on imdb, and no plot etc. That is fixed now...

BUT the stupid error in TV shows is still there! for lord knows how many versions now. If you delete a show on your HD and hit rebuild, the whole app errors and freezes.

So if you want to delete anything, you have to go to folders, remove them all, then re add them all. Isn't rebuild for when something is deleted or changed.

Come on guys fix this damn bug already! you seem to be falling into the trap of adding new features instead of fixing things.

- eriksmith200 - 2011-09-11

Issues with version 3.416b:

1. When I add a new tv show folder, click save, and navigate somewhere else, the new folder hasn't been saved.

2. In the release note it says:
Quote:PLEASE NOTE - IF you are having issues scraping TV episodes, it may be because the ID in the show .nfo file is incorrect (IMDB id, instead of TVDb id).
Try checking 'Fix NFO id during cache rebuild' under the TV Preferences tab (bottom-right). Then, under the TV Shows menu, select Rebuild Shows.
=> doesn't work, still having the issue that new episodes of tv shows aren't scraped

- Sealright - 2011-09-11

Version 3.416b works fine for me.

Do you only have the problem since today or yesterday? If so then the reason MC is not scraping any new episodes because the site TVDB is currently down. The hoster has implemented some upgrades and the guys are trying to bring the site back only. Hopefully, it will work on Monday again. I need to scrape a lot of new episodes as well.

- al15 - 2011-09-11

First of all -great tool - thanks for your effort!!!!!

Is there any way to add imdb.de or ofdb.de to get german plots?

thanks
Al

- Hjord - 2011-09-12

I keep getting the error that it could not get the info from the tvdb or it is down.
But the tvdb seems to work.

I'm using the newest version 3.416b

- Livin - 2011-09-12

For those having issues...

About every 3 months I grab the latest MC build and try it. It always has issues in some way/shape/form that makes it crash or parts that don't work. I always go back to Ember (EMM)... EMM has not been developed for about 2 years but it works fast and cleanly, plus has a 100x easier/cleaner UI and navigation (less clicks/windows to do the same things).

If MC is working for you, great. If not, I suggest people try EMM.

- Hjord - 2011-09-13

Any plans for logo and clearart support?

- KeithLM - 2011-09-15

Is TheTVDB.com really still down? Or is this an MC problem? So far as I can tell the site is up, but perhaps their api is broken. Does anyone know? I've been checking a couple times a day since this weekend and so far it hasn't worked.

Also, how do you view the debug logs in MC? I can turn on the debug option, but I see nothing in the log that pops up after a run that is really useful. Just says the site may be down or unreachable. It behaves the same regardless if debug is on or off.

- bonelifer - 2011-09-15

I've been using theRenamer which uses theTVDB and it's been working since their website came back online.