Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- billyad2000 - 2009-07-17

RockDawg Wrote:I've ben using MC for a whiole now, but this is the first I tried the new re-written version. It sees my existing nfo's just fine, but it doesn't find newly added movies. Also, under settings/scraper/movie scraper the default movie scarper only lists IMDB but it is not ticked. If I tick it, close the settings window (there's no save or apply button) and come back, it is still not ticked.

Are you using version 3.031, I think all of the issues that caused movies to be missed have been fixed now.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=366675&postcount=77

That preference is inactive at the moment, other scrapers can be added fairly easily now and once i've added others then I will look at it.

- RockDawg - 2009-07-17

billyad2000 Wrote:Are you using version 3.031, I think all of the issues that caused movies to be missed have been fixed now.

That preference is inactive at the moment, other scrapers can be added fairly easily now and once i've added others then I will look at it.

I am using 3.039. If that preference is inactive, then what will MC use to scrape info?

- billyad2000 - 2009-07-17

RockDawg Wrote:I am using 3.039. If that preference is inactive, then what will MC use to scrape info?

At the moment MC uses IMDB for all movies.

Can you give me an example path and filename of a movie that is not scraped.

- Livin - 2009-07-18

2.135 crash when rescraping movie

Quote:See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Media_Companion.workingwithnfofiles.savemovienfo(String filenameandpath, fullmoviedetails movietosave, Boolean overwrite)
at Media_Companion.Form1.rescrapemovie()
at Media_Companion.Form1.RescrapeMovieToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Media Companion
Assembly Version: 3.0.3.1
Win32 Version: 3.0.3.1
CodeBase: file:///F:/Hobbies/HTPC/XBMC/MC/Media%20Companion.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
AlphaBlendTextBox
Assembly Version: 1.0.3149.39714
Win32 Version: 1.0.3149.39714
CodeBase: file:///F:/Hobbies/HTPC/XBMC/MC/AlphaBlendTextBox.DLL
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
imdb
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///F:/Hobbies/HTPC/XBMC/MC/imdb.DLL
IMPA
CodeBase: file:///F:/Hobbies/HTPC/XBMC/MC/IMPA.DLL
tmdb_posters
CodeBase: file:///F:/Hobbies/HTPC/XBMC/MC/tmdb_posters.DLL
class_mpdb_thumbs
CodeBase: file:///F:/Hobbies/HTPC/XBMC/MC/class_mpdb_thumbs.DLL
imdb_thumbs
CodeBase: file:///F:/Hobbies/HTPC/XBMC/MC/imdb_thumbs.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

- billyad2000 - 2009-07-18

Livin Wrote:2.135 crash when rescraping movie

2.135 is obsolete, although some are still using it for tvshows.

Try MC gen2, the latest version is 3.039, it has been completely rewritten and is much better than gen1. Support for TV Shows has not been added yet, but the movie handling works superbly.

Read this whole thread for details, it's not very big.

- RockDawg - 2009-07-18

billyad2000 Wrote:At the moment MC uses IMDB for all movies.

Can you give me an example path and filename of a movie that is not scraped.

E:\Movies\300\VIDEO_TS.ifo

TV Show support in gen2 - xbmcmonkey - 2009-07-21

billyad2000 Wrote:2.135 is obsolete, although some are still using it for tvshows.

Try MC gen2, the latest version is 3.039, it has been completely rewritten and is much better than gen1. Support for TV Shows has not been added yet, but the movie handling works superbly.

Read this whole thread for details, it's not very big.

Hey Billy;
I love MC and can't wait for the next version after 3.039, when do you think that will be?

mRofl

- Geeba - 2009-07-22

Great tool! but one problem I have is it appears to forget the settings? I just had to reset everything ? Gen 1 had a SAVE type button iirc in the settings? - just feels a bit more belt'n'braces than dynamic changes?

Also I added some movies to my collection last night and when I re-scan for new movies it only lists on the left hand side the movies that I have just added? how do I get it to show all (600 odd) movies again?

- sicon99 - 2009-07-22

Can i make a request for a feature?

Can you have an option to create nfos for random video files or folders?
I have a bunch of workout videos on my xbmc but it wont find most of them using tv or movies. Would be nice to be able to just pick the avi or iso and be able to point it to your on jpg for a cover icon

- Arr MiHardies - 2009-07-22

This isn't really a bug.. though it could be slightly considered such.
Basically, The regex used for identifying a movie based on file name, I think, needs to be expanded a little. I use the following format for my movie file names: "movie name [year] [imdb code].extension" example: "Scary Movie 27 [2052] [tt0023512].mp4" Despite the fact that I include the correct imdb record number in the file name, incorrect lookups still occur. Any way you can add looking for an imdb record number to the regex please.

- Arr MiHardies - 2009-07-22

also, a question, is there any way to control the order in which XBMC displays records? For example, I want to list movies with multiple "parts" in chronological order in my library view, regardless of their name. A couple good examples would be the Indiana jones movies, or the harry potter movies, non of which include a "part 1", "part 2" etc in their names. I know iTunes accomplishes this with a "sortOrder" metadata field, but I have no idea how to do it in XBMC, if its even possible.

MC 3.039 (and 2.292) just quit working - greybeard - 2009-07-23

I have been using 3.039 successfully since probably the day it was released. I also continued to use 2.292 successfully to manage TV shows. Then my computer (3GHz Core 2 duo, 2GB mem, 4.5 TB of disks, Win XP SP2) crashed (off). When it rebooted everything seems to work except MC. I have reinstalled 3.039, and it runs with the default config.xml or no config.xml. If I try to run the old config, it starts to run, brings up the panels, and in the main panel on the left it lists the first film and then hangs. It says "not responding" to windows task manager or to other methods of trying to kill it. It will die after that. If I delete config.xml, add one of the 5 movie folders I have to it, config the scraper to put IMDB first and IPA last, and do a media search, if it is in a dir that has new mpg files it will identify all which are missing .nfo files and hang scraping the first one. I tried moving the first in alpha order out of the dir and now it hangs on trying to scrape 1 of 10 instead of at 1 of 11.

If I del the config file and add a folder that has all the movies matched with .nfo files and try to rebuild the movie list, it lists one movie and hangs.

etc.

I have not tried anything with 2.292. Are there any ideas of what might be happening? I have cygwin and perl installed on this computer so I could perhaps use some shell tools or write a perl script that could investigate the .nfo files.

- billyad2000 - 2009-07-23

greybeard Wrote:I have been using 3.039 successfully since probably the day it was released. I also continued to use 2.292 successfully to manage TV shows. Then my computer (3GHz Core 2 duo, 2GB mem, 4.5 TB of disks, Win XP SP2) crashed (off). When it rebooted everything seems to work except MC. I have reinstalled 3.039, and it runs with the default config.xml or no config.xml. If I try to run the old config, it starts to run, brings up the panels, and in the main panel on the left it lists the first film and then hangs. It says "not responding" to windows task manager or to other methods of trying to kill it. It will die after that. If I delete config.xml, add one of the 5 movie folders I have to it, config the scraper to put IMDB first and IPA last, and do a media search, if it is in a dir that has new mpg files it will identify all which are missing .nfo files and hang scraping the first one. I tried moving the first in alpha order out of the dir and now it hangs on trying to scrape 1 of 10 instead of at 1 of 11.

If I del the config file and add a folder that has all the movies matched with .nfo files and try to rebuild the movie list, it lists one movie and hangs.

etc.

I have not tried anything with 2.292. Are there any ideas of what might be happening? I have cygwin and perl installed on this computer so I could perhaps use some shell tools or write a perl script that could investigate the .nfo files.

It seems that MC is having a problem searching the folders for nfo files. Is there any posibility of bad sectors?

Arr MiHardies Wrote:also, a question, is there any way to control the order in which XBMC displays records? For example, I want to list movies with multiple "parts" in chronological order in my library view, regardless of their name. A couple good examples would be the Indiana jones movies, or the harry potter movies, non of which include a "part 1", "part 2" etc in their names. I know iTunes accomplishes this with a "sortOrder" metadata field, but I have no idea how to do it in XBMC, if its even possible.

Although this has been a feature request for quite some time it is to my knowledge not possible to group files together like this with XBMC

Arr MiHardies Wrote:This isn't really a bug.. though it could be slightly considered such.
Basically, The regex used for identifying a movie based on file name, I think, needs to be expanded a little. I use the following format for my movie file names: "movie name [year] [imdb code].extension" example: "Scary Movie 27 [2052] [tt0023512].mp4" Despite the fact that I include the correct imdb record number in the file name, incorrect lookups still occur. Any way you can add looking for an imdb record number to the regex please.

If you have went to all the trouble of creating a filename that contains the IMDB ID then why not insert it into a blank nfo file, eg
Scary Movie 27 [2052].mpf
Scary Movie 27 [2052].nfo
where the nfo contains within it the IMDB ID