Kodi Community Forum
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=53640)

- billyad2000 - 2009-07-25

Livin Wrote:Re-Scrape button does the same thing. I had this error in a later v2 version also.

path... G:\Movies (NTFS local drive on XP SP3 - not mapped)

The methods used by v3.xxx are very different to v2, since this problem seems to be unique to yourself I am wondering if the problem is with .net

Is there any chance you could reinstall .net 3.5 from scratch.

Also, delete the whole MC folder and redo from scratch, including your settings, see if that helps.

- Arr MiHardies - 2009-07-25

billyad2000 Wrote:Yes that works, i use a similar system
eg
Star Trek 1 - The Motion Picture
Star Trek 2 - The Wrath of Kahn
etc

Yes, that can be done, and is what I am doing currently, but I would prefer to preserve the original titles. Star Trek and harry potter I can probably get away with that, but with indiana jones, it just doesn't feel right to do that Tongue

- Arr MiHardies - 2009-07-25

billyad2000 Wrote:If you have went to all the trouble of creating a filename that contains the IMDB ID then why not insert it into a blank nfo file, eg
Scary Movie 27 [2052].mpf
Scary Movie 27 [2052].nfo
where the nfo contains within it the IMDB ID

But that is exactly why Im using MC, so I don't have to do that all again manually, since I have already provided all that info.

I've already gone through my library and corrected everything, so no point putting together a perl script or some such to do that now, but the point is, the exact record number is already in the file name. Why not use it? I know I'm not the only one to use a naming system similar to this, as this exact request was made to me by several people when I wrote iDentify.

Apparently there are also people out there who use only the imdb code as a file name (tt123456.mp4). Im sure this would work fine with your system, as an imdb search with nothing but the record number willl always yeild the correct result, but I prefer to have my file a bit more identifiable by humans without having to refer to some outside source first.

- billyad2000 - 2009-07-25

Arr MiHardies Wrote:But that is exactly why Im using MC, so I don't have to do that all again manually, since I have already provided all that info.

I've already gone through my library and corrected everything, so no point putting together a perl script or some such to do that now, but the point is, the exact record number is already in the file name. Why not use it? I know I'm not the only one to use a naming system similar to this, as this exact request was made to me by several people when I wrote iDentify.

Apparently there are also people out there who use only the imdb code as a file name (tt123456.mp4). Im sure this would work fine with your system, as an imdb search with nothing but the record number willl always yeild the correct result, but I prefer to have my file a bit more identifiable by humans without having to refer to some outside source first.

Done for next release

- billyad2000 - 2009-07-26

RockDawg Wrote:E:\Movies\300\VIDEO_TS.ifo

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you about this, I have just tried to duplicate this issue without success.

I even created a dummy file on my E:\ drive with the exact same path and filename and it works fine in both file and folder mode.

- Arr MiHardies - 2009-07-26

billyad2000 Wrote:Done for next release

Much appreciated. Thank you.Big Grin

- billyad2000 - 2009-07-27

Here you go, with a little over an hour to spare.

New version 3.072

Changes
  • New Feature - Batch Rescrape Wizard - Rescrape selected tags for all movies, this also includes missing fanart and posters. (Needs Testing, don't test on main library)
  • New Feature - Add movies via Drag and Drop - Drop movies single or in groups onto to the list, they will be scraped and added without the need to scan all your drives
  • New Feature - Delete Movie Art and Rescrape - When changing movie via the browser within the edit window.
  • New Feature - Check filename for IMDBID - When performing a media search MC will now check within the filename for a valid IMDB ID eg. "The Terminator (tt0088247).avi"

• Bugfix - Script error when using change movie browser has been blocked
  • Bugfix - Duplicate movie issue fixed
  • Bugfix - possibly fixed issue of MC not finding movies, not certain since I can't duplicate this.

• MC also now remembers screen position and size when shutdown
Download Version 3.072

Just overwrite the previous version, ( the config will remain compatable only if you are upgrading from version 3.xxx).

Many thanks to everyone for the bug reports, keep them coming (Not to many though Smile)

- Glave - 2009-07-27

With the drag and drop feature, does this need to be a filename or a folder? I've been trying to drag two folders, together or individually, and I get the + icon, but they aren't added.

- billyad2000 - 2009-07-27

Glave Wrote:With the drag and drop feature, does this need to be a filename or a folder? I've been trying to drag two folders, together or individually, and I get the + icon, but they aren't added.

At the moment you can add single or multiple files.
You can also continiue to add them while previously added are scraping.

Folders are not supported yet.

- nightspd - 2009-07-27

Hi billy:

First of all thanks for all the work you've done w/Gen2. But I'm having a bit of a problem. All of my movie folders are stored in folders like so:

C:\Movies & Video,
D:\Movies & Video,

...etc etc. It's just how I have it setup. Anyway, it appears like the application does not like the ampersand. Whenever I add it to the list of folders to scrape, it ends up changing it to something like C:\Movies & Video and cannot scrape the folder. I tried editing the config.xml file by hand and changing the entry, but then when I restart the application, I get a popup windows that reads Error: Pr24 and I get the JIT exception error as below:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Media_Companion._preferences.loadconfig()
at Media_Companion.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Media Companion
Assembly Version: 3.0.7.2
Win32 Version: 3.0.7.2
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Chris%20Fuller/Desktop/Firefox%20Downloads/Media%20Companion%20gen2%203.072/Media%20Companion.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
AlphaBlendTextBox
Assembly Version: 1.0.3149.39714
Win32 Version: 1.0.3149.39714
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Chris%20Fuller/Desktop/Firefox%20Downloads/Media%20Companion%20gen2%203.072/AlphaBlendTextBox.DLL
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

- nightspd - 2009-07-27

Oh i almost forgot, I tried putting a test file in c:\test and using that instead to see if it works, and it worked fine.

- CiXel - 2009-07-28

I've actually had a crashing problem since 3.032
MC loads up fine the first time, I set my preferences, and then exit out of the program.
Next time I launch MC it throws an unhandled exception error:

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Media_Companion.workingwithnfofiles.loadbasicmovienfo(String path, String mode)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.ListFiles(String lst, String pattern, DirectoryInfo dir_info)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.nfos_to_array()
   at Media_Companion.Form1.rebuildmovies()
   at Media_Companion.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
Media Companion
    Assembly Version: 3.0.7.2
    Win32 Version: 3.0.7.2
    CodeBase: file:///N:/Temp3/alt.binaries.hdtv.x264/11111111/Media%20Companion%20G2/Media%20Companion.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
AlphaBlendTextBox
    Assembly Version: 1.0.3149.39714
    Win32 Version: 1.0.3149.39714
    CodeBase: file:///N:/Temp3/alt.binaries.hdtv.x264/11111111/Media%20Companion%20G2/AlphaBlendTextBox.DLL
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Seems odd. Am I the only one seeing this?

- sparkyjay23 - 2009-07-28

Thanks for the Best, Cleanest Media manager out there

With the new build i get a error very rarely start up but i ignore it and it runs just fine.

when will we be able to sort out out TV folders?

- vknutt - 2009-07-28

Billy... Been using MC for a couple of months now and just had to drop in to say thanks for a brilliant little program. Your speedy updates are well recieved and appreciated!
Keep up the good work. Gen2 is great! Eagerly awaiting tv shows though (no disrespect intended).

Rock on mate!

- billyad2000 - 2009-07-30

@nightspd
I can duplicate the issue for paths containing '&' and it will be fixed for the next release, probably later today.
'&' is not allowed in xml and is encoded to '&amp;' altering this to '&' will cause an exception, since the config file is generated by MC I did not add a check for bad xml.

@CiXel
I have no idea what is causing the exception you are having, I have not been able to duplicate it. It would help greatly if you could narrow down the cause.
Either way, I have added some code that should avoid the issue, but I would prefer it if I knew what was causing it.