Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] MediaStream_Redux (My Remake) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MediaStream (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] MediaStream_Redux (My Remake) (/showthread.php?tid=53830)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

- hman333 - 2009-07-08

Amplificator Wrote:Can you tell me how to do it so I can add it myself?

I have Videoes seperated into the Movies and TV menues so it will fit.

First in startup.xml and home.xml edit the "limit=" in the following line
Code:
<onfocus>XBMC.RunScript(special://skin/scripts/RecentlyAdded.py,limit=8)</onfocus>

next you will have to play with the height properties for the background image and the list in IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml until it looks good in XBMC.

they should be line 20, line 85 for movies, and 229 and 273 for tvshows

also you will need to add the new list items for both Movies and TV in that same file, you should be able to follow the format and see how everything works in there.

Example
Code:
<item id="5">
     <label>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestMovie.5.Title)]</label>
     <label2></label2>
     <onclick>PlayMedia($INFO[Window.Property(LatestMovie.5.Path)])</onclick>
     <icon>-</icon>
     <thumb>-</thumb>
</item>

- Jezz_X - 2009-07-08

I made some new set of background images for the video sections fi anyone wants them. Still debating if they should be defaults but.
And before anyone asks no its not dynamic they are fixed static not changing content images Rolleyes
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD MS_Redux_video_backgrounds.rar

And screenshots of what they look like in skin (loots better with no recently added)

- rausch101 - 2009-07-08

Jezz_X Wrote:I made some new set of background images for the video sections fi anyone wants them.

I hope these are just pictures of your own personal home theater Wink. And if so, awesome.

- Jezz_X - 2009-07-08

rausch101 Wrote:I hope these are just pictures of your own personal home theater Wink. And if so, awesome.

LaughLaughLaugh
I WISH its an image I found of the web and modified Wink

- pilluli - 2009-07-08

Jezz_X Wrote:System Time I completely forgot about on this version lol
Finishtime people always go on about but do they mean the actual time it finishes eg: 1:48pm of do they mean 40mins left ?

I was actually thinking on trying to do that myself but I'm sure your version will be actually better Laugh

What I was thinking to create the "info dialog" is modifying your actual seek bar, deleting the "play/pause" icon and chapter info so there is room to expand the progress bar and then to put the time the video finishes and remaining time in the middle [something like "Finishing time 1:48pm (38min left)" in smaller letters] or maybe put that at the top replacing the actual "playing" or "pause" text in the seekbar. Maybe I have to widen it a bit to fit everything. Huh

And of course the clock at the top-right Laugh Laugh

Regards,

- Jezz_X - 2009-07-08

well you will have to that one yourself Smile I'm not changing the current layouts for anyone but myself Smile took me ages to get both video info and OSD to be in sync with each other I'm digging in and hanging on to it Tongue

- xbs08 - 2009-07-08

I miss one more thing Smile the dB in numerals.
If i want to add it where should i look?

Greek translation for skin MediaStream_Redux - ydatografida - 2009-07-08

link: http://www.mediafire.com/?sbdamdnooan

- xexe - 2009-07-08

This might be as intended however videos launched from the home screen dont resume from where you stopped them as they would from file and/or library mode.

Wife Acceptance Factor - pecinko - 2009-07-08

Hi Jezz_X,

thanks for sharing this awesome skin.

Since I am a big fan of simplicity, I begun to modify skin accordingly.

Recent comments by JMarshall in http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=364383&postcount=177 made me think that maybe a simplified version of it could be of interest for beginners or ZEN supporters like me.

As I have no knowledge of skinning, it would be of great help if you could please make a version of Redux with list and thumbnail view ONLY which I would use to make ZEN MODSmile

Hope that would not be much time consuming for you? Blush

JMarshall could you please post results of usability tests, if it is not internal material?

Cheers, P.

- Feanor - 2009-07-08

Jezz_X Wrote:The reason it works better is I removd the scraping of all the music stuff (even though I never showed it) Anyone with a resonable sizemusic database got major lag as it tried to find the info. So for now it stays video only unless someone can make it work better
Have you checked nuka's updated script? he claims that it solves the slowdowns in music libraries...

- Dudu.exe - 2009-07-08

A little sugestion for someone with skills to do it!

Random backgrounds for Movies and TV Shows using FANARTS

whould be fantastics using the fanarts in database as backgrounds for these itens just in home menu!

but! its just a sugestion!

nice skin!

anyone has a pack with default MediaStream backgrounds? i just love they

- rausch101 - 2009-07-08

Dudu.exe Wrote:A little sugestion for someone with skills to do it!

whould be fantastics using the fanarts in database as backgrounds for these itens just in home menu!

nice skin!

Ember Media Manager has an option to save all fanart in a Backgrounds folder for you. I realize this is a few more steps than native support for that, but it's almost just as easy, and it only requires you to set it up once.

- nicoli_k - 2009-07-08

Dudu.exe Wrote:A little sugestion for someone with skills to do it!

nice skin!

If you mean having the fanart show whenever you have Watch Your Videos selected, you're already able to do that.

Configure the System > Skin Settings > Background Customizer > Edit Background for Home Button: Videos > Multi Image > Q:\Userdata\Thumbnails\Video\Fanart.

Unfortunately, fanart for TV shows and Movies are lumped together, but that's just how XBMC handles fanart so separating them would be very difficult if not impossible to do right now unless you save your fanart separately somewhere else.

mediastream redux - Paulkai - 2009-07-09

Hi guys

What am I doing wrong I have downloaded the above and placed it in the skins folder, but every time I try to use the above it tells me Incompatable skin we use skin ver 2.10 and higher, i have downloaded a programme called xbmc updater, which did download an update but it still did not work. Where do I get the latest build of xbmc and would that resolve my problem

Paul