Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] MediaStream_Redux (My Remake) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MediaStream (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] MediaStream_Redux (My Remake) (/showthread.php?tid=53830)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

- rausch101 - 2009-08-04

Guys keep it on topic...we don't want this thread locked. The forums are for the community. A percieved personal insult shouldn't result in a lengthy defensive post.

- Sneeka - 2009-08-04

Indeed. Group hug! Rofl

- FourTwentySmilz - 2009-08-04

I'm not mad.....haven't been mad, and wrote the last post laughing.

Bodo is a dope, as far as I'm concerned. he has like 15 posts under his belt yet feels the need to start in with his crap. I'm done with him and his "opinion".

All I did was state facts. And then make JOKES about "Less is More".

Sorry to Jezz. And to the rest of the community...

(If anyone wants me to edit that post, let me know.)

- noumenon - 2009-08-04

Query: I have the media flag option turned on in settings, but it only displays SD and 2.0 for most of the files I have. There are a few files that it gives more information. It does not display codec info, aspect ratio, or anything else.

My HTPC is running linux. Of note, on my other linux box, everything displays perfectly.

Anyone have any idea what might be going on? Am I missing something on my HTPC?

thanks,
noumenon

Sounds to me like the meta data in your movie files( or data in the NFO) may be lacking. I have some of those too. You can create an NFO for that movie file, adding all the codec info, then rescan that file (with the NFO in the folder, of course) and it should pickup the new info.

- noumenon - 2009-08-04

I don't think so. My other linux xbmc install reads them just fine. Also, I don't think MediaStream Redux reads the nfo files for that information. It was my understanding that this was felt to by a "hacky" solution, and that is part of the reason why it eventually incorporated into xbmc proper.

For some reason my XBMCbuntu install is not reading the metadata, while my regular, full ubuntu install reads it just fine. and i don't know why.

thanks,
noumenon

Redux is just a skin.....it doesn't read NFO or meta data. To my knowlage skins are just a way to display the info that XBMC reads.

I run on Xbox....and only use my PC build to mod and edit......but isn't XBMCbuntu a "seperate creature" altogether? Not throwing an insult by saying that, just saying it is different than a regular set-up( Don't want people taking "slang" as an "insult").....but I thought that was something developed by l.capriotti.

I don't knw all the facts on it, but something may help you out in his XBMCbuntu thread in the Linux Sub.

Sorry not to be of any help.

- noumenon - 2009-08-04

yes, and i'll post over there as well. XBMCbuntu is just a minimal ubuntu install... no default window manager.

I believe you are correct in that redux just displays what xbmc reads... other skins in the past have used the nfo files to display the flag info. (aeon and transparency, i believe).

don't worry... i'm not going to take everything you say the wrong way. Smile

thanks anyway,
noumenon

- FourTwentySmilz - 2009-08-05

Aeon and Transparency both used ( or may still use) a filename "shortcut" to display flags. (ie: If the filename was "The Killing Room.Xvid.480p.5.1.avi" - it would display flags for Xvid, 480p(or SD), and 5.1 Dolby Flags)

Redux is wrote to work with the Native Flagging added to XBMC.

- ronie - 2009-08-05

FourTwentySmilz Wrote:Aeon and Transparency both used ( or may still use) a filename "shortcut" to display flags. (ie: If the filename was "The Killing Room.Xvid.480p.5.1.avi" - it would display flags for Xvid, 480p(or SD), and 5.1 Dolby Flags)

Redux is wrote to work with the Native Flagging added to XBMC.

hope you don't mind me making a very small correction to that?
it should read: Transparency! never used (and will never use) a filename "shortcut" to display flags. ;-)
the only thing read from the filename is the 'source' tag, but that's it.

- FourTwentySmilz - 2009-08-06

My mistake...... The source tag in Transparency is from the Filename "shortcut". The rest is done thru, what I'm guessing is, Native Flagging.

Sorry for the mistake, ronie. Wink

- budo - 2009-08-06

FourTwentySmilz Wrote:Bodo is a dope, as far as I'm concerned. he has like 15 posts under his belt yet feels the need to start in with his crap. I'm done with him and his "opinion".
budo, not bodo... yes... 15 posts... and "perhaps" the Italian Movie Scraper for "MyMovies.it"? I'm sorry it's not enough for you.
Let me know when I reach the quota to be allowed to just express my opinion in a polite way... but please just stop insulting me. I'm not a "dope". Just understand that even if you use emoticons or you are "laughting" when you write, you have to pay attention about the "way" you're writing, the amount of irony you're using, to avoid offending someone.
... ok, I'm done too with this thread. My excuses to all if you have felt offended by what I wrote. Perhaps reading the plot in the OSD, in the middle of a movie, is the coolest feature in XBMC/Redux and I haven't understood it... I don't know. Perhaps (higher probability) this is not the right place to discuss about software usability, even if a XBMC Skinning is really part of this.
I hope in future there will be a thread about Skins in general or better on "Redux" to discuss together about how to streamline the skin...
For now... I'm off.
P.S. Sorry for the long posts. The moderators can delete all this stuff if they feel it's "off topic".

- yellowman - 2009-08-08

Thanks! This is a lovely remake.

I´ve been using the original Mediastream since it was first released, but this feels like a really nice refinement.

Even my girlfriend made a comment that "this is much better", I think it was mostly the different navigationsounds that impressed her though... Laugh

Keep up the good work!
Cheers!

- Jezz_X - 2009-08-10

I forgot I made some 1080p backgrounds for this and never uploaded them
so here you go I think the scripts and the Music ones are an improvement

Weather - Image Music - Image
Pictures - Image Scripts - Image

- Jezz_X - 2009-08-10

Settings - Image TV Shows - Image
Videos - Image Movies - Image