Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] MediaStream_Redux (My Remake) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MediaStream (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] MediaStream_Redux (My Remake) (/showthread.php?tid=53830)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

- gislihaukur - 2009-09-27

Jezz_X Wrote:Thanks

The issue with that is the home sub blade is hidden under the main one so if you make it more transperant you make it show. You can get over this by chopping the background into 2 bits and sliding the sub menu under the background but then you rin into a whole shit load of other issues

Hi i was wondering if this is the same issue i´m having on my appletv running the mod ?

when i change to horizontal this happens: pic , and then im unable to navigate the sub menu ? Smile any solutions ?

and yes i live in Iceland Nod

- Amplificator - 2009-09-27

Mine just did something bad.

I updated to the latest XBMC svn built through xbmc-update and it was broken. Then restored the latest-working version which I have done before.

But now the Movies and TV-Shows menues won't show on the front page.
Library is enabled but I can't select them in the Skin Settings > Home Window tab.

How do I fix that?

- leroderick - 2009-09-30

so i downloaded the latest build of xbmc and of mediastream redux, when i try to change the skin to mediastrream redux it say that it needs to be version
2.0 and that it is incompatible ?

i had it working the other night before i reinstall my computer.

ok got it working strange dunno what happened.

- haifischjunge - 2009-09-30

am i looking in the wrong place or is there no native video tagging for tv shows?

- kees667 - 2009-10-03

Just downloaded this skin as I wasn't completely happy with regular mediastream yet. I love it so far and it runs smooth. One question I cant seem to find the answer for: It supports custom backgrounds ( I don't have any), is it true that there are no default backgrounds installed with it? It looks a little plain now and haven't had time yet to search for backrgounds and install them.

If there aren't any default backgrounds, can someone point me to some? I found severeal on the forum, but no complete set that matches stylewise. The set from mediastream would also do if I can figure out how to get those.

EDIT: managed to put the backgrounds folder found in the skin folder to xbmc/home/backgrounds (that is the only location I can browse to when selecting custom backgrounds). I selected a background for each, and it works, except on the homescreen itself. I can scroll the menu but the right part stays black. A clue anyone?

- Jezz_X - 2009-10-03

kees667 Wrote:Just downloaded this skin as I wasn't completely happy with regular mediastream yet. I love it so far and it runs smooth. One question I cant seem to find the answer for: It supports custom backgrounds ( I don't have any), is it true that there are no default backgrounds installed with it? It looks a little plain now and haven't had time yet to search for backrgounds and install them.

If there aren't any default backgrounds, can someone point me to some? I found severeal on the forum, but no complete set that matches stylewise. The set from mediastream would also do if I can figure out how to get those.

EDIT: managed to put the backgrounds folder found in the skin folder to xbmc/home/backgrounds (that is the only location I can browse to when selecting custom backgrounds). I selected a background for each, and it works, except on the homescreen itself. I can scroll the menu but the right part stays black. A clue anyone?

see here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=58933

- kees667 - 2009-10-04

Thanks

- wstewart - 2009-10-05

Anyone find the Redux skin crashing within a minute or two of starting up?
This doesn't happen in other skins and looking at the logs I don't see anything, twice it was running scripts, but not the same one each time.

Running SVN on Ubuntu Jaunty. Tried SVN 22528 and 23422.

- Jezz_X - 2009-10-05

wstewart Wrote:Anyone find the Redux skin crashing within a minute or two of starting up?
This doesn't happen in other skins and looking at the logs I don't see anything, twice it was running scripts, but not the same one each time.

Running SVN on Ubuntu Jaunty. Tried SVN 22528 and 23422.

turn off the recently added on home options will probably fix it

- pilluli - 2009-10-05

Jezz_X Wrote:turn off the recently added on home options will probably fix it

HI Jezz_X,

Any idea of another work-around? :-) XBMC is constantly freezing on me when the script is run (like wsteward commented), but I don't want to disable it! XD

regards,

- bassieman - 2009-10-05

I'm having a small problem with this otherwise great skin. I enabled Video, TV Series and Video's (Movie) on the home screen and was expecting video to point to the files and the other two to point to the movie library and tv library. This works for file mode until I enter one of the library options, after that the video option remembers my last library setting and goes back there when I enter video.

So:
I go to video and I get a listing of my sources for my different video files, I press back and get back to the home screen.
If I then select video's I get all my movies frm the library (as expected) and when press back I get back to the home screen.
If I now select video again (file mode) I go back to the movie library and when I press back I get the title, year, etc. selection list and when I press back again I get the movie, tv selection list for the library and I have to press back again to get back to the home screen.

Running r23393 on Windows 7 and Mediastream-redux 0.9.5.

- kees667 - 2009-10-05

have you tried antother skin such as mediastream (regular) or pm3.HD? Took me 15 minutes to understand that if library is enabled for movies, it will also be for tv shows. videos will then point to a filebrowser. what confuses me a little is that you seem to call movies - videos?

bassieman Wrote:I'm having a small problem with this otherwise great skin. I enabled Video, TV Series and Video's (Movie) on the home screen and was expecting video to point to the files and the other two to point to the movie library and tv library. This works for file mode until I enter one of the library options, after that the video option remembers my last library setting and goes back there when I enter video.

So:
I go to video and I get a listing of my sources for my different video files, I press back and get back to the home screen.
If I then select video's I get all my movies frm the library (as expected) and when press back I get back to the home screen.
If I now select video again (file mode) I go back to the movie library and when I press back I get the title, year, etc. selection list and when I press back again I get the movie, tv selection list for the library and I have to press back again to get back to the home screen.

Running r23393 on Windows 7 and Mediastream-redux 0.9.5.

- bassieman - 2009-10-06

In mediastream redux my main menu options are called (untagged the hidden options in skin settings): video (for file mode), video's (for library movies) and tv series (for library -> tv series). Afaik movies is a Mediastream original name.

Maybe I need to mod the home.xml to point to file browser instead of a variable?

- PolliSoft - 2009-10-07

bassieman Wrote:In mediastream redux my main menu options are called (untagged the hidden options in skin settings): video (for file mode), video's (for library movies) and tv series (for library -> tv series). Afaik movies is a Mediastream original name.

Maybe I need to mod the home.xml to point to file browser instead of a variable?

Please see this post in this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=375033&highlight=videofiles#post375033

- bassieman - 2009-10-08

omg ... thanks for the link, missed that.